Help me pick the best UY & resort for our family of 5!

I originally thought this purchase would be for my wife and I to go at the end of January every year and have limited park time. SSR would be perfect for that.

My daughter and granddaughter decided they want to go to Disney, so we changed to August trips for now. I think for the next 10 years or so that will be our trip and so I will try to book close to a park but after that since we would have been to the parks so often and my granddaughter will be older, I am not sure that will be as essential.
You are brave coming in August, I live here and don't want to be outside that time of year. ; )

I'm hoping we can get our kids accustomed to enjoying the relaxing side of vacation. When we went last weekend there was definitely a lot of grumbling about not going in a park. It probably didn't help that we went around to the MK resorts on the monorail and they had to actually see what they were missing. I'd be in the parks all the time just finding a spot to people watch and occasionally jumping on a ride, but they are very commando about it still.

We know people where we live that do day trips. I don't understand how that's even worth it. The vast majority of the time traffic makes the trip 2+ hours, then parking and actually getting into a park adds another 30-45 mins. I don't want to spend 5-6 hours of my day getting there and back, that's way too much. We did it one time and I didn't think we would make it home we were so tired.

You are brave coming in August, I live here and don't want to be outside that time of year. ; )

I'm hoping we can get our kids accustomed to enjoying the relaxing side of vacation. When we went last weekend there was definitely a lot of grumbling about not going in a park. It probably didn't help that we went around to the MK resorts on the monorail and they had to actually see what they were missing. I'd be in the parks all the time just finding a spot to people watch and occasionally jumping on a ride, but they are very commando about it still.

We know people where we live that do day trips. I don't understand how that's even worth it. The vast majority of the time traffic makes the trip 2+ hours, then parking and actually getting into a park adds another 30-45 mins. I don't want to spend 5-6 hours of my day getting there and back, that's way too much. We did it one time and I didn't think we would make it home we were so tired.
My daughter is a teacher in NJ and my granddaughter has school. We went in August when I was a kid also for the same reasons.

I would rather go in August than deal with the crowds during the holiday periods. We visit the parks at the pace we want because we know we will be back.

Now January would be my preference except I would rather go with my daughter and granddaughter above that.

Sadly if I had a WDW available to me here in Ohio I definitely would be making that trip. Sometimes you just want a break from real life but also I enjoy road trips and can do long drives. I make the trip currently to go to Cedar Point and it's about 5 hours round trip. I made the trek to Six Flags Great Adventure this past fall and that was about a 9.5 hour ride each way.. which was a bit much but I don't regret doing it to check off a bucketlist park for me. Can't wait to move to Orlando this coming year :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter