Help Me With A Surprise Dinner at Victoria & Albert's!

randyl

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are staying at the GF from 5/15 thru 5/19 for our anniversary. I want to surprise her with dinner one night at V & A and already made reservations for 5/16. However, I want to keep it a surprise until that day. How can I get my suit, shoes, etc. and her dress, shoes, etc. down there without her seeing me pack them in a garment bag? I was thinking of overnighting them down there the day before we left and have it delivered to our room when the package arrives but I'm not so sure this is the best way to do it. Any ideas????????

Are you a man that can pick out an entire outfit that his wife can (still) wear??

If so, congratulations! I don't think my husband could. You could just tell your wife, why don't you pack "something nice - dress up like" in case we feel like going out somewhere?

OR go ahead and do the garmet bag and just put it with your luggage.

OR you could ship it - people ship packages to Disney all the time. Mark the package with your name, arrival date, hotel info on the outside of the package (perhaps in the lower left corner) - for better instructions on how to do this you might visit the DVC Vacation Message Board on this site and ask how to mark your package - many DVC people ship food down and have done this before.

Have you considered Gifts of a Lifetime to help with an extra surprise? Expensive but it will definately "WOW" your wife. You can look at giftsofalifetime.com for more info - Jane did an event for me back in Jan. (it was fantastic) - tell her "Puffy" sent you if you call - she is a sweetheart!

You may want to call back to where you made the reservations and have it marked as a Surprise.

When we went a few years ago, we had a dinner package to see Lord of the Dance, a surprise for our son. When we checked in at the front desk, the CM commented on us going to see Lord of the Dance and when my son's jaw dropped to the floor, she knew she had blown a surprise. She apologized, but it was to late, the Gig was up. I wanted to hold off telling him till we got to the show.

Have a great time at V&A's. DH and I celebrated our 30th Anniversary there last August. It is a evening to remember.

I second the idea of having her pack something nice in case you decide you want to eat "someplace a little nicer".

While some men can pick out clothes for their wives, very, very few can do the whole thing--including the right undergarments (that's a biggie guys!), shoes, and accessories.

Anne

I third it!!!! DO NOT PACK FOR HER!!! If you forget the tiniest item, she'll have to kill you, and your evening will be spoiled. Just tell her to pack one dressy outfit IN CASE the two of you decide to go somewhere other than Disney. That way, it's vague, and she won't think anything of it. On that special night, just tell her that you're tired of the typical Disney attire of sneakers and bermuda shorts. "for a change, let's get dressed up and have dinner." She won't know where you're going until you get there.

I guess I'd have to 4th that opinion. I am positive my husband could not put together a fancy outfit for me. There's pantyhose (always making sure it's not run), the right bra, accessories, etc., etc., etc. Telling her you would like an evening dressed up may be great. I would probably suspect something should my husband suggest it but I would definitely go along with it.

We went to V&A's on our honeymoon and loved it. I saved our menus for keepsakes. They presented us with a cake to take with us at the conclusion of our meal. You both will love it. Can't get more romantic than there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter