Help me with Hotels

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
So I can't get an AP Rate on Portifino (our fav), or even Royal Pacific, so a little lost on what to do next. I wanted the Express Pass included--BUT there are a few really good AP rates that would be tempting---but I just don't know enough about the Uni hotels like I do Disney. We are 'resort people'...so a big part of our mini-vacation is staying at a nice place, with a great pool. Do any of the mid-line offer that? Cabana Bay, Sapphire Falls, and a couple others have rates for like $125 and up, but no clue if we will be happy there.

Any advice or experience is appreciated!!!

Sapphire Falls is really nice & resorty. Lovely pool, relaxing setting, gorgeous lobby.

Cabana Bay has a great pool complex & more activities (bowling, food court) but is not as plush, it's just a more economical hotel overall.

If you decide you could go without the express pass Sapphire Falls is beautiful. IMO it’s Royal Pacific with a different theme and no express.

Cabana Bay definitely has the best pools on property but it has a “do it yourself” family vibe, no resort extras (as in no luggage service to your room). It does not have a table service restaurant, just a food court. Expect it to be noisy and filled with kids but in a fun way. Cabana Bay is our favorite when traveling with kids and family but for a couple that wants a little more peace and quiet and amenities I would pick Sapphire Falls.

Aventura (IMO) is best for adults traveling on a budget that want a modern hotel feel with a great place for drinks in the evening. It is a great value but definitely a little more “bland” than the themed hotels.

If you want Express Pass and enjoy the resort feel, is there a reason you aren't considering Hard Rock Hotel? I've stayed there multiple times and enjoyed it.

I have not stayed at Sapphire Falls, but Cabana Bay is a lovely resort. If I have to find a comparison with WDW would be Art of Animation, in the sense it's a value but a bit more upscale than the All Stars and better theming.
The pool is gorgeous and has also a lazy river. And the gate to enter Volcano Bay is very convenient. There is a walking path to the parks, but it's on the longish side and the busses are very efficient.
A great value for money. And I saw the 2 bed family suites for pennies with the APH rate, that could be another plus.

Last edited:

Cabana Bay, Sapphire Falls, and a couple others have rates for like $125 and up, but no clue if we will be happy there.
If I saw SF for $125, I’d jump on it. Haven’t booked it for less than $200 a night for standard room for ages. It’s generally higher my dates, even with AP rate

we enjoy deluxe properties, however; not what I consider hotel snobs. I get my fix during split trips @ DVC or WBC and find that even the non EP properties (SF & CB) meet our needs. Not a fan of Adventura,

had two stays at CB that were meh. recent 3rd stay there was night & day difference as to staff & atmosphere. I would book CB Over Adventura, especially if I had kids that like the pools. They have two pool areas. A smaller one with a lazy river and another with a longish slide. Think of it as an amped up WDW value, with more amenities.

for our upcoming weekend trip over Columbus Day, found a great rate on suite @ CB with priceline using a coupon (google) That saved $50+ less a night over Loew’s lowest rate. Did have to prepay, however, fully cancellable up to the standard 5 days prior. There was no AP rate I saw that weekend, anywhere onsite, When i booked in July.

We have stayed at all the hotels except the Endless Summer ones And Sapphire Falls. We disliked Royal Pacific so we visit Sapphire Falls but don’t stay there. PB is our favorite for theme/vacation feel. HR is great for walkability. After that our go to is Aventura. It has a clean/simple feeling, but we always walk over to Sapphire Falls for the pool. Sapphire Falls, Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific are too spread out for us to stay in. I have no idea why that is because PB is not small but I love walking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter