• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

HELP! Need best price on ASMovies..

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
We are considering staying at a value resort in Feb in need a great rate. Any help out there?
(We need 3 rooms. Also: what bldg should we request?)

We will be at ASMovies from Feb 6-11 and obtained the $59/per night rate advertised on the WDW official site. The rate code is listed on the site, subject to availability of course. My understanding is that ASMovies books up quickly but maybe you could get a reservation for Sports or Music. That was the best rate I could get even with having the Disney Club membership.

Thanks for yor reply...a suggestions as to which biulding to request??? I want a location fairly close to transportation AND food court (not necessarily close to the pools, though). It seems every time we stay on sit, we always get stuck in a building that is far from the food court and right "in-between" the bus stops!!!

Hi kimmar!

At the Sports, you will want to ask for Touchdown. At Music, you will want to ask for Calypso. I am not sure which is the best one at Movies.

Hope that this helps SOME. :)

At ASMovie that would be Fantasia or Toy Story. They are however now giving people the option of upgrading to these buildings at an higher rate so they may be harder to come by on request.

Have Fun.
Jordan's mom

In my opinion (in doing research because our first stay at ASMovies will be this coming Feb), I think the Toy Story buildings would be a good choice. Close to the food court and bus stop.
I, however, have heard nothing about charging people more to stay in the Toy Story buildings or any other for that matter. And since despite all and any requests you make to the resort as to which building/floor/or room you would prefer it is still basically a first come first serve basis. So I don't see how charging people more for thier choice room/building would be the new norm. And no such rate increase was mentioned to me when I requested the Buzz building on our reservation. And I have confirmed this reservation a few times now, just to make sure all was well.

We in fact do have one of the upgaded rooms reserved for January. We were asked when we made the reservation if we wanted to upgrade to insure a room closest to the bus stop, and food court. It was a 10.00 difference but with my AAA if was like maybe 8.00. I was not prepared for this option and said OK. Afterwards I was not sure if I would have done this if
I had time to think a little more but did not change it. This rate change for upgrades starts on rooms Jan.1st but I made my reservations in May, I think. The upgrades are in the fantasia buliding or the toy story buildings and you can still request with- in that. MY DS wants the Woody building. I redid my reservation when the new AAA rates came out and my rate was like 60.61 or something and I asked again if that was with the room location upgrade and was told yes.

Jordan's mom

I will check out this upgrade room charge tomorrow with reservations, but let me better understand this. You are being charged to be in a room closer to the food court or bus stop if you choose so. Not necessarily the building you are choosing. Correct??

Yes, You are upgrading to a room that is closest to the bus stop and food court. Those room happen to be in the fantasia and toy story building. You still have to take your chances with which building of these you will get.As I said this is very new and I am not sure that this was the right move but we are going in mid January and have never stayed at All Star. I did this because I did not want a long walk to the bus stop on what could be cold mornings.So much is changing right now that if get any new or different information please post. My plans are to call this week for a final payment quote and I will also post if anything has changed.So to make sure you understand. You are not paying to request a building, but for a prime location.Kind of like a view upgrade in the moderate or delux.
Hope I did'nt confuse anyone. Good luck on you room request.Buzz is our secound choice.

Jordan's mom

We stay at the AS in the off season for $49/night. You can get this rate upon availability with an AP. Since you need three rooms (you can book 3 with 1 AP) this might be worth looking into. We've stayed at Sports (prefer Surf's Up) and Movies (prefer Toy Story). Have fun.

Lisa

Buchkin,
Called this AM (early, I was feeling anxious about my room ) and confirmed that I do indeed have the upgrade, they called it a view, and confirmed my rate. I have the AAA rate but not the coded 59.00/ night or the AP rate. My rate for the 7 day week WITH taxes, etc is $546.00.I asked if this was still the lowest rate I could get on this room and she said yes. I am not sure if you have to have AP for the 59.00 code but you might want to check. Also IF you are interested in upgrading to a prefered room, not sure if you can do this with a code. Our date is getting close and we decided to leave ours as is.Check is going in the mail and we are getting SO EXCITED. Hope you get a rate and room that you just love. Have fun!

Jordan's mom

Beginning January 1st, Disney is instituting a preferred room charge at the All-Star Resorts. These rooms are located in the buildings closest to the food court and bus stops at each AS Resort. There is an additional charge of $10 per night for these rooms. At Movies, the Toy Story and Fantasia sections are included. At Music, these rooms are located in the Calypso section. At Sports, I believe the Touchdown and Surf's Up sections are included. If you are willing to pay the additional nightly charge, you should book a Preferred View room. This change was announced earlier this year.

Jordan's MOM & harmonize,

Haromonize you are RIGHT!
I also called to check my reservation earlier today and spoke to a very nice and well informed CM.
She told me that they recently updated the info regarding the 'preferred' buildings. She told me (as she read word for word from her computer) that the 'preferred' building at ASMovies is both Fantasia buildings. And ONLY the Fantasia buildings. They are labeled preferred because they are closest to ALL of the following: laundry, pool, food court and bus stop. This appears to me to be correct from my diagram of the resort in my Passporter. And that the entire building is considered 'preferred', not just a certain amount of rooms in each.

So I'm safe with my reservation in a non-preferred room with a request to be in the Buzz building.

Preferred=Fantasia
I hope this info helps others too.

The $59.00 preferred room rate is for Fl Res only (as of now) not an AP rate. I have it for Jan 2-7th. I was told it is only the Fantasia Bldgs. I asked if that guaranteed me a pool view or did I still get a chance of a pking lot view. CM told me that it only guarantees the bldg...not the view. I personally would rather have court yard view from another bldg and save the $10 than have a pking lot view in the Fantasia section! I have been checking for availability for a "standard" room rate and so far I haven't had any luck for my dates. My rate comes to around $66 and change per night.

Thanks Bunchkin,

Wish the CM had told me that only the Fantasia bulding was now included. That was not the info they had when I booked 6 mo ago. Broke the news to DS that we would be with Mickey and no chance that we would be with Woody. He said ,"thats OK Mickey is cool." We are so excited we don't really even care anymore. Will hope for the Buzz for you guys.

Jordan's Mom

We stayed at the All Star Music in the Jazz building last December, with courtyard view, and it was perfectly fine. It only took a couple minutes to walk to the food court and bus stop, but it far enough away from the big pool that we were not bothered by noise from the few hardy children who braved the cool evenings to splash around in the pool. Our room overlooked the smaller piano pool but nobody was using it. If I remember correctly, the Jazz building was just past the Calypso building, which will be one of the preferred rate buildings, but the buildings are quite close together so it's still a short walk to the front of the resort and all the amenities.

One thing I noticed is that the pictures of the resorts on the web site must have been taken awhile ago, because now the trees are much taller and the landscaping has filled in. We stayed on the 2nd floor and were up in the treetops. I'll bet it's beautiful in the summer when all the crepe myrtles are blooming in the courtyard.

Have fun; you'll enjoy your stay no matter which resort you use.:)

Bunchkin,

Thanks for posting the theme for the Banana Splits!!!

A weight has been lifted from my shoulders....very very long story

jdads2,

Glad I could help!:) But if you'd like to hear the whole song in it's original wonderfulness check out The Banana Splits!!

I LOVED this show!! Nothin' like the good old days to make you remember what good tv was!:D LOL

Bunchkin, Thanks for the site. Earlier today I downloaded the theme song from Morpheus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter