Help out a new user please??

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
Hello everyone! I'm new to this board and have been soaking everything up like a sponge! LOL! Can you answer some questions?

1) what is mousesavers?
2) planning trip for Oct. 2002, I was considering staying @ CBR with my husband and kids ages 4 & 10 by then. Any suggestions/advice on this resort?

3) what are these abbr: DH, DD, DM, etc?

I realize my trip is very far off, but I'm real excited for our first time with our kids (haven't been since '86!) and want to budget accordingly and wisely and this seems like the place to be.

thank you so much for you're time, looking forward to hearing from any or all of you!

DH is dear husband, DD is dear daughter, and so on. You are not to early to start planning. I don't know myself what mousesavers are. I have never stayed at CBR, but I did stroll through a week or so ago and it looks very nice. Happy planning.

thank you again Hockey mom! I'm going to try mousesavers.com and see what comes up...

I was very happy using a code I found at Mousesavers! It took a bit of patience though! I called Thursday afternoon, and there was a $79 available in AS Sports, I couldn't find my CreditCard though and had to call back. When I called back, there were no more rooms at that price. Having read these boards I knew to try back. I must have spoken to 5 different CMs (cast members/Disney employees), all of whom told me there was nothing left for the code I asked for. One told me that the whole resort was booked for the time I was going to be there (May 23-27)---she put me on hold for a moment then came back with ONE room in ASMu. I said fine, and put a hold on it at $99 a night. I called back the next morning on a whim. When the CM answered, I asked "I'd like to see if there is availabilty for code *** at the All Star for May 23-27th." After a few seconds, the CM told me yes, she had a room available for that code and those dates and would I like to book it. WOOWOOO!!! I went from $454 to $291 simply by being persistant.

I kept track of the names of the CMs I spoke to. After making new ressies, I called back and cancelled my $494 ressies. I was surprised they weren't cross referenced. One of the CMs from Thursday told me that there were 75 agents on the day shift. My sister and I were thinking that perhaps each CM was allotted *X* amount of code rate rooms?? ::::::Shrugs:::::::: However they work it, I was estatic to save $150 bucks!

The other thing we decided was to use Tiffany Car....it broke down to be the same as a shuttle, but we wouldn't have to wait or drive around the property. The other plus is we plan on stopping at Publix for supplies.

Have fun planning your trip!!! :cool:

www.mousesavers.com is a web site that Mary Waring created that posts all sorts of codes and money saving tips. The codes she posts are valid for anyone to use - some are for everyone, some are just for residents of certain states and she tells you that. It is well worth looking into. She also has links to various coupon sites, etc. I got a coupon there for the Latin Quarter at CityWalk that I will use in just 2 WEEKS!! Yeah

By the time you actually go on your trip you will be a pro if you keep reading these boards!!

I haven't stayed at CBR but a good friend of mine went last year with her 3 and 6 year old and they loved it. The kids love the pool there. She said the food court was very good.

We've stayed at all the moderate resorts (CBR, PO, DL, and CS). Carribean Beach was nice, but we liked Dixie Landings much better. (I forget what it's called now that it merged with Port Orleans). We've stayed there many times.

As long as you stay on property, it won't matter where you are - you'll have a wonderful time.

142 days and counting!:D

thank you all for you're responses, you're input is very valuable to me. We're not going until October 2002, but I want to get things rolling now and deposit now...I have been devouring these boards, I love it here already.

Welcome to the DIS Lorix2! I think there is a place on this website that lists all the abbreviations? (I have never checked it) :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter