Help!!!!!!!!! Potluck???????

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
Just found out that I have to take the kids to a potluck dinner TONIGHT

I need a really easy but good and quick dish

I have to work later so won't have much time

Please tell me your favorites..............

On bettycrocker.com, do the impossibly easy cheeseburger pie. Double it and it's perfect. I'd still do 2 pans so it bakes more evenly, but it's easy and good.

Last potluck we had, I made this recipe.. It was great! I tripled it.

Easy Tomato and Cucumber Salad

Recipe Rating:

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
Makes: 4 servings, 1-1/4 cups each

2 cups chopped cucumber (about 1 large)
2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
1/2 cup coarsely chopped green peppers
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
1/2 cup KRAFT Natural Mozzarella Cheese Crumbles
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel

TOSS all ingredients.
SERVE immediately. Or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

My other great one is to just make a batch of brownies or cookies...

I make a quick & easy pasta salad (similar to the cucumber & onion salad above):

Boil 1 lb package of pasta (I normally use the corkscrew style) according to the package directions. Drain and rinse well in cold water. Then I add some fresh and canned veggies (last time I made it I used a sweet onion, cucumber, red bell pepper and a can of black olives) and a bottle of zesty Italian dressing.

Have fun!!

Here is a recipe from Paula Deen:

Corn Casserole Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir :stir: together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.

I have made this and it is very good. I have never made it with the cheese
though.

HTH

I just make a fresh fruit salad, cut it up, open a few cans, mix it up and you are good to go. I just did this for a popluck last weekend. Can of pineapple chunks, can of mandarin oranges, grapes, cut up some kiwi, cantelope and strawberries

I'm a bit late here but the easiest dish to take to any pot luck is cottage cheese but you have to take it out of the carton an put it in a pretty bowl, then for some odd reason ppl thinks you have done something special to the cottage cheese.

Also works with salads from the deli they never get touched if left in the carton but you put it in pretty bowl they eat it every time.

Watergate salad is always a hit

1 10 oz cool whip
1 reg size can crushed pineapple
1 box of pistachio pudding
2 cups of mini marshmallows
2 cups chopped pecans

Mix in bowl and it's done

Dump cake

1 yellow cake mix dry
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
2 sticks of butter cut into chunks

grease a 9x13 pan dump in the cherry pie filling and pineapple spread around in bottom of pan a bit. Dump the dry cake mix over the top. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Easiest Lasagna- Make up a Kraft Dinner as usual. Brown hamburg and add sauce. Now do your every other layer and adding your shredded cheese. Put in oven 325* for about 20 minutes. ENJOY.(I hope you understand)

dyna said:
Dump cake

1 yellow cake mix dry
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
2 sticks of butter cut into chunks

grease a 9x13 pan dump in the cherry pie filling and pineapple spread around in bottom of pan a bit. Dump the dry cake mix over the top. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Do you all think this would work with other pie fillings as well? What about a white cake mix? Thoughts????

Yes Chickysmom the main thing you get with the yellow cake mix is color.

I've seen the same recipe with apple pie filling and most others.

A friend of mine went so far as to use fresh blackberries in bottom of pan with the cake mix and butter over the top said it was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter