• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help re Universal Hollywood

Sue & Co.

<font color=009933>Born to be tagged...<br><font c
Can anyone help?

I have just been reading some trip reports and also the unofficial guide to Disneyland (which includes Universal) and they all refer to the fact that the only way to the lower levels is via an escalator or stairs. As I will be in a wheelchair this is not practical.

Has anyone been to Universal Hollywood and if so is there disabled access to the lower lot attractions?

thanks

Sue

There is a tram that will drive you from the top to the bottom. I know it picks up on the bottom next to the Mummy. I'm not 100% sure where it picks up on the top.

I think there was an elevator that took you down the escalator/stairs for the backlot tour

I haven't been yet (when are you going?) but if you go their website - www.universalstudios.com - and look around at the Hollywood park link, somewhere in there it says their staff WILL help mobility-impaired Guests to get to the Lower Levels of the park. I don't know how, whether there's a secret elevator or what.

edited to add: I just looked at the site again, and it appears that the escalators can handle wheelchairs? I know that's gotta be wrong, but that's what it says...

"Many rides, shows, attractions, escalators, and parking structures are designed to comfortably accommodate guests in a wheelchair or guests with other special needs. "

Okay, fine, many is not the same as all :)

I was a Universal Hollywood this summer, so I just grabbed my park map. They have a non-typical handicap symbol at the top and bottom of the escalator that the legend says means "Shuttle Service between Upper and Lower Lots".
The escalator is actually a series of four escalators that go down a sloping hill, so I don't think there is an elevator there.

My mom wasn't with me... but I still looked at how the park was accessible and how it is is that next to the upper escalators, there's an elevator that takes you down to a loading dock. They have wheelchair accessible minibuses that do the shuttle between upper and lower lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter