HELP!SUNBURN IS NO JOKE!

to add an interesting note....

DH sat on the beach under an umbrella in the shade while we were on St. Maarten, so, while we did 45 SPF sunscreen on those of us who were frolicking in the ocean, he didn't put any on himself. He truly stayed completely out of the sun but what he hadn't thought of was that the sun evidently was reflecting off of the water. He ended up with some pretty pink skin on his lower legs and never even was in the sun!!! So, even if you think you're staying out of the sun, one should still apply sunscreen liberally. ;)

There shouldn't be any problem finding shade on CC. There are lots of umbrellas and palm trees. Just remember the sunscreen too!

For our littlest one I bought the suit that don't let sun in and it worked wonderfully! I can't remember what they are called. I did put sunscreen on her, then the suit and she wasn't even pink after the ENTIRE day at the beach! She was 18 mo. old then. She wasn't in this cutsy teeny bikini but she wasn't sunburned either!!!!!!!!!

Call your doctor and ask him to call in a perscription for Silvadine creme. This stuff works wonders! Last year DS wanted to be helpfull while I was cooking dinner, before I knew what happened he had opened the stove door and grabbed the pan of dinner roles that was cooking. He DID NOT have a pot holder. His finger tips were burned and blistered. I called the doctor who called in the silvadine and within literally two days his skin was good as new! We used some of it on his sunburn at the Cape and he was fine the next day!

I have brown eyes and brown hair and tan easily, but one time I got very sunburned (layed on the beach in Jacksonville FL all day and yes it was cloudy!!). A tepid bath with baking soda really works. You can also chill your bottle of aloe before applying. Cocoa Butter lotion felt great and smelled great. Try to avoid any overly hot showers or baths (very drying to your skin).

It's miserable being sunburned and sore...clothes hurt, seatbelts hurt...yuk! I still had to go to work, so I ended up buying several "tee shirt" style dresses that were very loose (actually they were men's long thick cotton nightshirts...the kind that hang to your knees). I had to wear one of my "tee shirt dresses" with all cotton undergarments... no makeup, just lotion, moisturizer and a ponytail (yes, even my scalp was burnt).

Hope you feel better soon!
Ginny

Thanks Ann... I just came back from my doctor, who did give me Silver Sulfadiazine, or Silverdine ointment. He gave me a big tub of the stuff, which I am now "slathered" in. It feels alot cooler, so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Ginny...you poor thing. I can not even imagine this pain in my scalp also! And having to go to work too. Thankfully I do not have to go into work tomorrow, so this is good. Thanks again

It is important with silvadine to use a THIN coat! your skin needs to be able to "breath" under it. Somehow it changes the molecular compounds of your skin, the burned stuff will sluff off and you will have soft perfect skin underneath

The sting is almost gone after using the cream. This is highly recommended for severe sunburn. Thanks again, because I would have never thought of Silverdine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter