Help us decide!! 🙏🏻

Phew! Thank you for all these replies. 🥰

We have been scouring for a larger room at BCV but unfortunately regularly room is all that is available, I can choose water or garden view but nothing with more size.

At this point we’ve narrowed it down to RIV or BC; I think I am leaning BC because $2000 savings is A LOT, but I’m a little nervous about the space for us. The RIV studio would save $1500 and add another shower if that would be smarter?

I think the choice between the RIV rooms and BC really comes down to priorities. If you want more space, go with the RIV 1-bedroom. The room is gorgeous, very spacious and the bedding is incredible comfortable. You also get the kitchen and washer/dryer. With BC, obviously, you have a smaller space, no kitchen/washer/dryer, but you gain a much better location, pool complex and easier access to more dining options. If you want more space, go with the RIV 1-bedroom. Otherwise, I, personally would go with BC standard room over the RIV studio - I don't know if that extra shower would make up for what you are giving up at BC. I would keep checking to see if you can snag a 2-bedroom at BCV.

As part of a family of five, I appreciated having additional space. The two bedroom at Kidani is wonderful (it’s our home resort so I’m slightly biased), especially having three bathrooms with three daughters. With the current situation and it being your first trip, however, I agree that Riviera may be the best choice due to amenities.

I'd personally save the $2000 and go with a Ft Wilderness cabin (if I really wanted the space) or squeeze into a BC Studio if I didn't think that would be too stressful. The pool at BC and the location are just top-notch, especially for summer.

Really comes down to whether it would be a more resort-heavy stay (cabin) or if you're mostly just looking for a place to crash (BC).

Candidly, I'd recommend AKL if it weren't mostly shut down right about now, even with the extra cost, but I don't think it's worth the premium right now.

If you can afford it, I have another vote for the 2-bedroom at AKL-especially if you think your kids will like seeing the animals. The in room washer/dryer is super convenient, so I would not choose an option that does not have the washer if at all possible. Also, the 2-bedroom will give the teen a sleeping space that does not have to be shared with the younger kids. There is nothing like having to live with a grumpy teen in a small space
All that being said, I would probably pick the fort wilderness cabin as second choice because of the sleeping arrangements even though it does not have the washer.

I have 4 kids and I traveled often with my sister, niece and nephew; Beach club was their favorite when they were little and still is now that they are 15-23 years old; mine too!

I vote YC/BC and get park hoppers. You could walk or take the Skyliner to HS and Epcot during the evenings. I think the skyliner access and Stormalong Bay are perfect for your kids ages. That pool area is insanely awesome. If you plan on eating all your meals out those resorts also open you up to a ton of dining options. Unless you plan to spend a good amount of time in your room then I’d do AKL.

Easy choice. AKL Kidani or For Wilderness Cabins. Myriad reasons for the younger ones and the older one can have fun with the younger ones.

Phew! Thank you for all these replies. 🥰

We have been scouring for a larger room at BCV but unfortunately regularly room is all that is available, I can choose water or garden view but nothing with more size.

At this point we’ve narrowed it down to RIV or BC; I think I am leaning BC because $2000 savings is A LOT, but I’m a little nervous about the space for us. The RIV studio would save $1500 and add another shower if that would be smarter?
Yes, when reading the original post, my first thought was “why not a studio at Riv? We stayed in one as a family of 5 for nine days last August and were very comfortable. Great food, great pool, loved the skyliner, and it was really a beautiful resort.

BC is fine but rooms are smaller and already feel a bit tired. And keeping track of the kids in the pool was a nightmare.

Yes, when reading the original post, my first thought was “why not a studio at Riv? We stayed in one as a family of 5 for nine days last August and were very comfortable. Great food, great pool, loved the skyliner, and it was really a beautiful resort.

BC is fine but rooms are smaller and already feel a bit tired. And keeping track of the kids in the pool was a nightmare.

I did wonder if that was what we should have done, but I just hear non stop good things about beach club, I love how centrally located to a lot of things it is, it’s a great price, and has a lot of dining options available. We live in Oregon and never get pool time, so my kids will be obsessed with the pool. I just have to be happy with our choice. I stress about things and am the most indecisive in the world, so I just need to be happy with it and good to go.

I did wonder if that was what we should have done, but I just hear non stop good things about beach club, I love how centrally located to a lot of things it is, it’s a great price, and has a lot of dining options available. We live in Oregon and never get pool time, so my kids will be obsessed with the pool. I just have to be happy with our choice. I stress about things and am the most indecisive in the world, so I just need to be happy with it and good to go.

Unsolicited advice, but I’d start watching the YC/BC thread here on the Resorts Board. It’s very active and has a ton of knowledgeable/fun people. You can learn a lot just by watching the conversations and reading recent reports. It definitely helps when preparing for a trip.

You will definitely have a good trip—it is a nice resort!

Since you mention dining, just make sure you book right at your sixty day window. We aren’t at beach club but were thinking of eating breakfast at ale & compass or dinner at beaches & cream on our upcoming timrip and they sold out fast!

For more options, highly recommend putting some of your room savings on park hopper tickets for dinner in epcot—that’s a real perk to staying at BC!

You will be very happy at the BC! YC/BC is our favorite and we have stayed there multiple times. We are a family of four but have stayed there with 5 when we brought my niece. The sinks are outside of the shower area which makes getting ready easier. My kids love the pool area and would stay there all day if they could. I love the location for Epcot and for HS. We are from California and we tend to spend less time at MK than the other parks. MK is nice but it is very similar to Disneyland and we like to see what is not offered at Disneyland. Have a fun trip!

I haven't read through all of the replies yet, but if Riviera really appeals to you because of the Skyliner, would renting points on a 2 bedroom save you any $$$?

WE MOVED TO BEACH CLUB; 🦀🌊
Congratulations, You will love it! Walking distance to Epcot, longer walking distance to Studios. Its a beautiful resort. The pool is the best on property.
Observations on my part.
1. First timers comment how huge Disney World is, 40+ square miles.
2.Florida rain is nothing like our NW rain(I live in Seattle). It can rain buckets in 5 minutes. So bring a poncho, raincoat, umbrella. But there is a lot of hot sun too.
3. You will not see it all. So make a list of what you want to do. Make sure your research material is current. Because of that evil Covid, there is a good chance their rules( everyone wears a mask, 2 and over, anywhere on property except your room) will still be the same. I went end of Nov./ Dec. and tho some rides and shows were closed, Disney is slowly opening them up. I still had a great time!
Research could include websites like here, WDWInfo, All Ears Net, Touring Plans, You tube.....
Ok, I'll quit now. Have a wonderful time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter