• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP!! Very fast advice needed!!

travelbug

DIS Veteran
The bottom just fell out of my trip coming up in 2 days, so I'm trying to pick up the pieces and still make it work. Here's what I now need quick advice on:

My travel companion cancelled out on me this morning because of family illness. I understand, but this is 2 days before we were to leave!! Another gal I work with is going to go instead and we got an airline ticket for her on a different airline because of last-minute prices. Now we have no transportation from MCO to BCV, because the original travel companion was going to provide that for us privately (long story). New companion and I are leaving and arriving a couple hours apart, but have decided to just hang out at the airports and wait for each other so we can combine transportation.

Should we just do a cab both ways? Or can I still book a town car on this short notice? Which would be cheaper? My friend and I will split the cost either way. We ruled out a rental car, since we won't need it once we're to BCV. Besides the prices seemed pretty high to me, maybe because of short notice. I've never done Mears, but I've heard that it can be a lengthy proposition since they stop so many places.

My head is swimming with all this last-minute changing on a trip that was many months in the planning. Can anyone give me some advice on ground transportation? Thanks very much!

My advice is to call one of the towncar companies right now and see if they have availability for you. January isn't all that busy, so you may end up pleasantly surprised. Cost will be about $100 round trip, including a genererous trip. (My estimate of a taxi is $45-$50, one way, including tip).

If that doesn't work out, then just take the Mears shuttle. (about $27 RT each). You don't need advance reservations and it is less expensive than a cab. Yes, the shuttle may stop at one or two other resorts before it gets to the BCV, but it's not like it's going to take all day - probably more like an hour or so, once you get going.

Finally, just try to relax. Groud transportation is relatively easy to arrange. You will have a wonderful trip!

Sorry your friend had to cancel. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, Carol! Sounds like very good advice. Hopefully it will all fall together just fine. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter