HELP W/ Dining Plan PLEASE!

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
Ok, I just booked the package w/ free dining for 6 nights. I have a few questions.

1. How many snack credits, counter service, and table service credits will I get a day? One right? So how many in all? Will I have 7 credits for each (6 nights, 7 days) or just 6 credits each?

2. How soon do I need to make my dining reservations for the TS places?

3. Are there any important places that are left out of the meal plan that would be good to know?

4. What ever we don't use one day will carry over to another, correct?

Thank you so much!

maxsmom said:
Ok, I just booked the package w/ free dining for 6 nights. I have a few questions.

1. How many snack credits, counter service, and table service credits will I get a day? One right? So how many in all? Will I have 7 credits for each (6 nights, 7 days) or just 6 credits each?

2. How soon do I need to make my dining reservations for the TS places?

3. Are there any important places that are left out of the meal plan that would be good to know?

4. What ever we don't use one day will carry over to another, correct?

Thank you so much!
1. You will each get 6 TS, 6 CS, and 6 snack credits. The credits are equal to the number of nights at the resort.

2. ADRs can be made 180 days before your check-in date. As soon as you decide where you want to eat and which parks you'll be at on which days, I'd go ahead and make them. The more popular restaurants book up fast.

3. There is a brochure you can view on the official Disney website that lists all the participating restaurants. Some DTD places don't participate in the DDP- the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin resorts don't participate, either. Every other restaurant on WDW property participates, I believe.

4. Correct. You can use the credits at any time and in any manner you wish from the time of checkin until midnight on the day of checkout. You don't have to use 1 CS, 1 TS, and 1 snack per day. You could do 2 TS in a day if you want, or 2 CS and 2 snacks. Basically, however you want to use them is fine.

Credits carry over, and you would get one credit for every night of your stay....... so if it's 6 nights, it's 6 TS credits, 6 snack credits, and 6 CS credits for each person ......... :)

Well, I can't answer all your questions, but some.

1. You get your credits based on how many NIGHTS you stay. So you would get 6 of each kind per person for your 6 night stay.

2. You should make your ADR (advance dining reservations) as soon as possible. They will go fast with the free dining promotion!

4. Yes, you can carry over your credits. You can choose to use 3 table service credits in one day, or 2 counter service and 2 snacks one day, or however you want until you've used up your total of 6 each per person.

Hope this helps!

Now, I need to go check out the park hours and try to get an idea of where we'd like to be and make our ADRs. Ugh, this is why we've never done this before b/c we don't like to plan where we're going to be until we're there and see what it's like and the weather and such. Oh well, I'll figure it out. Thank you again!

maxsmom said:
Now, I need to go check out the park hours and try to get an idea of where we'd like to be and make our ADRs. Ugh, this is why we've never done this before b/c we don't like to plan where we're going to be until we're there and see what it's like and the weather and such. Oh well, I'll figure it out. Thank you again!
OMG, I already have our next trip planned out, down to the parks, restaurants, and rides we will do on an hour-to-hour basis (did I mention that our next trip is in October/November 2007). Yes, I have a sickness. :teeth:

Just try to look at it as a small price to pay for all that $$ you are saving! :sunny:

MomofKatie said:
OMG, I already have our next trip planned out, down to the parks, restaurants, and rides we will do on an hour-to-hour basis (did I mention that our next trip is in October/November 2007). Yes, I have a sickness. :teeth:

Just try to look at it as a small price to pay for all that $$ you are saving! :sunny:

You are too funny! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Dh and I don't opperate that way at all! Although, it does seem the more trips we have under out belt the more organized we get. I think simply for the ADRs though. Last summer we were only able to keep 1 out of the 3 made. There were some extenuating sercumstances (sp) though. We usually go to guest services at the park in the mornig/early afternoon if we plan on staying and see what's available and go from there! Last yr we did that and were so hungry we were going to get a snack b/c we wanted to eat then and not later, but couldn't get into the SciFi for 3 hrs. Well we headed that way and we were actually able to walk right in and we told them to cancel out later ADR!

WHat's funny is I'm way organized in some things and some aspects of vacation, but not when we get there.

MomofKatie said:
I've got the fastest fingers in the West, ma'am!! :teeth:

You sure do!! ::yes:: I KNOW there were no replies when I started mine!

My husband said to wait until we got there to make reservations since that is what we had done on previous trips. I listened to DIS though and made them in advance, and when my husband heard people being turned away from places we ate he had to admit that reserving well ahead was a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter