Help! What do I have to do to get a refund from Universal Orlando!

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I had a package reserved that's been canceled for over a month now. As far as the refund goes, I was told a couple of weeks, then four weeks, now four to six weeks. It seems that every time I call, the refund time gets longer and longer. I'm beginning to feel like there's something going on here that the Better Business Bureau might need to know about. (I had problems 2 years ago at the Portofino, when my credit card was double billed. That really took some doing to get my credit card credited also. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my luck?

We had a similar problem this time. Fortunately, I kept my cancellation confirmation number, which I gave to the folks at American Express when I disputed the charge on my bill. Still waiting for resolution. Not happy.

I think Universal Vacations has some nasty problems, and I will not recommend them to anyone. They gave me a very hard time when I called to complain about a duplicate reservation that had already been charged to my credit card. A word of warning - Universal Vacations is separate from the Universal hotel reservations. If you book online through the internet at the Universal site, you are booking through Universal Vacations. The site is buggy, you can't tell if the reservation went through or not, which predisposes to making duplicate reservations. The agent who answered the phone when I called to try to get the extra reservation removed was very uncooperative. The folks at the Universal 800 number for rooms -- which is *not* Universal Vacations -- were very nice and cooperative, and they gave me an excellent room rate.

It tooks MANY long distance telephone calls! I finally asked to speak to a supevisor... and it still got me NOWHERE! One of them "slipped" and told me HER supervisor/managers name and when I hung up... I called again and requested the manager by name and they put me through to his office!!! Boy, did I tell him! (Take notes, get names, times and dates... and YOU WILL SUCCEED!) It stilll took quite awhile, but I finally got my refund, AND an upgraded room for our next visit!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter