HELP! What Vegas hotel would u recommend for someone with kids???

Just came back from Vegas in November 2010. I would definitely stay away from Excalibur. The place is okay on a budget but if you can afford it, the MGM has a great pool and lazy river.

The other advantage of MGM is that it is easy to catch the monorail. This is a nice little perk if you end up on the other end of the strip and want a quick way to get back to your hotel. Even though the Excalibur is "just kitty corner" it is actually a long walk because of the shear size of the hotels.

This biggest disadvantage to MGM corner is the distance from everything else on the strip. We found the monorail to be inconvenient (LONG walk to/from strip) and expensive. Excalibur is NOT far from MGM--truly kiddy corner. Yes, resorts are typically BIG in Vegas--you will walk.
If you are truly wanting to wander the whole strip, go central. Flamingo is a great budget resort if you go during pool season. Have you checked Mirage's prices? It is much nicer w/ a great pool also--more of a high-mid level property.

Personally I wouldn't stay at the Excaliber. It used to be a great hotel, but the last time I was in the hotel it stunk like mold and was so outdated and worn looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter