Help - where can we get a drink

lborne

It all started with a rabbit
My wife and I are heading to US on Monday with our son and his GF. We usually hang with them through lunch, then cool off at Margaritaville or one of the resort bars and have a drink. Now that bars are closed again as of today, can someone going Saturday or Sunday let me know what is open? Will the NBC Sports Grill serve us a beer since they also are a restaurant? What other places?

The order as it currently is, says places that make more than 50% of their income from food can stay open and serve alcohol . So, Margaritaville and NBC Grill should be allowed to stay open and serve if they choose to. I foresee these places getting crowded with people who want to drink, but seeing how it seems Universal hasn't been at even reduced capacity it may be ok. Even beer stands etc will probably be able to stay open as they have no seating and are carry out only by design. You just are not allowed to sit and have your drink in places that only serve alcohol and have seating....but technically they can still give you a drink to go and you go somewhere neutral and drink it.

However, things are changing quickly there...rules could be different at any moment.

Last edited:
Tagging onto this. Anyone serving alcohol in the parks still, particularly in the Wizarding World? First hand confirmations would be great. Thanks

Everything I saw was open. You could get a drink at Moes, Margaritaville and even the little tiki hut outside Margaritaville under the airplane. Inside Margaritaville, they were limiting the seating at the bars, but I had no trouble getting a seat.

I have seen folks getting beers at the bar in Wizarding World (Hogs head or whatever its called) - but this info is changing quickly.

Anyone have current info on:
Aventura Roof bar - I heard it was open.
Backwater Bar
Any of the pool bars
StrongWater Tavern - I dont think it ever opened
Antojitos bar area
Finnegan's bar
Duff

We are here now. The patio at Margaritaville is open and serving as is Fat Tuesday's and Lone Palm. NBC Grill does not open until 4pm at the moment. Inside the parks, Hogshead Tavern will serve all their usual drinks and all the restaurants that previously served alcohol are still serving. As far as your specific questions:

Aventura Roof bar - I heard it was open. - I am not sure on this one
Backwater Bar - Not when we went by
Any of the pool bars - Not at Cabana Bay, Yes at Saphire Falls
StrongWater Tavern - I dont think it ever opened - Not Open
Antojitos bar area - Have not checked, but the restaurant is open
Finnegan's bar - Yes
Duff - Not that we saw.

The app shows both Bar 17 and Strongwater as open, but says “hours vary” for the latter. Is the app not accurate?

The app shows both Bar 17 and Strongwater as open, but says “hours vary” for the latter. Is the app not accurate?

Possibly not. What does it say about Big Fire? I know that's closed.

Possibly not. What does it say about Big Fire? I know that's closed.
Bigfire and Cowfish both say “Temporarily Closed.” I’m keeping a close eye on these things, Strongwater being closed might make me rethink my trip, one of the reasons I’m staying at Sapphire Falls. LOL!

Bigfire and Cowfish both say “Temporarily Closed.” I’m keeping a close eye on these things, Strongwater being closed might make me rethink my trip, one of the reasons I’m staying at Sapphire Falls. LOL!

I don't know if they meet the new bar requirements though. They may not sell enough food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter