Help! Which rides should be FP & which rope drop?

Corbie

Mouseketeer
This is the week I make our fast passes for our October trip. I finally got DD and DH to weigh in on what rides are most important to them. The problem is I can't decide which ones should be FP and which ones should be RD. This is our first trip, so not sure what works best.

Any help on what to choose for our 1st three and which to RD would be greatly appreciated.

Epcot is easy. We all want to ride Soarin' and Mission Space and Illuminations. None of us are interested in Frozen or Test Track.

The rest are (in no particular order)

MK:

7DMT
BTMR
Peter Pan
Toy Story Mania
Haunted Mansion

AK:

FOP
Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids
Navi River Journey
DD has also expressed interest in Nemo and Lion King

HS:

Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
Indiana Jones Show

Also, I discovered my husband has hidden depths. He wants to visit Swiss Family Tree House and Tom Sawyer's Island! I assured him I didn't think he'd need Fast Passes for those. ;)

For mk, Toy story mania is in HS. You're thinking of buzz lightyear which is similar but not as good as TSMM

Mk:
-Rope drop Peter Pan, you won't want to miss the queue. Then standby buzz
- FP: 7DMT, Big thunder, haunted mansion

AK:
-FoP will be your top priority FP out of any FP you make for any day
-FP safari and Kali as well
-Rope drop Navi River Journey then head to dinosaur
-Lion King is the best show out of all the parks, this is a must see. You could see both shows standby

HS:
-FP: toy story, tot, and Star Tours
-rope drop Toy story as you'll likely want to do it more than once
-Swing by Indy whenever you can make the next showtime

For Swiss family treehouse and Tom Sawyer island no FP's are offered

Last edited:
My opinions below :)

MK:

7DMT - FP
BTMR - Rope Drop
Peter Pan - FP
Toy Story Mania - I assume you mean Buzz Lightyear? TSM isn't at MK, but Buzz is similar. If so, FP
Haunted Mansion - Rope Drop

** I chose the rope drop ones to be fairly close together so you aren't criss crossing the park at rope drop. I don't really think you need a FP for Buzz, but unless you want to cross the entire park at rope drop, I'd FP it.

AK:

FOP - FP if you can. I couldn't get one at 60 days. Rope Drop is still a wait for this one.
Kilimanjaro Safari - fp
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids - fp
Navi River Journey - FP if you don't get one for FOP, otherwise rope drop

** If you rope drop either of the Pandora rides, you aren't really going to be doing rope drop for anything else. In my opinion you'll be behind the rope drop crowds for the rest of the rides.

HS:

Tower of Terror - fp
Star Tours - fp
Toy Story Mania - fp and rope drop (I'd ride it twice if I could)
Indiana Jones Show

** I never FP shows, I don't find it necessary

I hope that helps!

My opinions below :)

MK:

7DMT - FP
BTMR - Rope Drop
Peter Pan - FP
Toy Story Mania - I assume you mean Buzz Lightyear? TSM isn't at MK, but Buzz is similar. If so, FP
Haunted Mansion - Rope Drop

** I chose the rope drop ones to be fairly close together so you aren't criss crossing the park at rope drop. I don't really think you need a FP for Buzz, but unless you want to cross the entire park at rope drop, I'd FP it.

AK:

FOP - FP if you can. I couldn't get one at 60 days. Rope Drop is still a wait for this one.
Kilimanjaro Safari - fp
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids - fp
Navi River Journey - FP if you don't get one for FOP, otherwise rope drop

** If you rope drop either of the Pandora rides, you aren't really going to be doing rope drop for anything else. In my opinion you'll be behind the rope drop crowds for the rest of the rides.

HS:

Tower of Terror - fp
Star Tours - fp
Toy Story Mania - fp and rope drop (I'd ride it twice if I could)
Indiana Jones Show

** I never FP shows, I don't find it necessary

I hope that helps!
These comments are spot on. My experiences would support all points.

Thank you, everyone. You've been a great help. I knew I was getting one of the Toy Story rides wrong. Sorry for the confusion. Wish me luck!

Illuminations is a nighttime show at Epcot, not a ride. I would also recommend The American Adventure, which is an animatronics show at The American Pavilion in World Showcase.

PP line is amazing so much fun ( I almost like it better than the ride it self) So I would do this at RD Then you should be able to do Haunted mansion ( these two rides should take less than an hour more like 30-45 minutes) and have an FP for BTMRR, 7DMT and then buzz.

But seeing the standby line is well worth the extra criss cross of the park, but it does get long pretty fast like with in 5-10 minutes but not as fast as 7DMT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter