Help with Best Days and Resorts to Book to Rent out My Points

TahoeTessie

Disney Fan
Hi, I have 99 points that will be expiring on August 31st and have had them listed for rent with a well known rental agency for months. They made an offer back in April (I was 15 minutes too late to snag it) but nothing since. Now they suggested for me to make a dedicated reservation in order to get them rented out.

What days would be the best to try and get that more people would be interested in? Is it better to book a studio or a 1 bedroom for the best chance to get these rented? Which are the most popular resorts that people want to stay at? My home resort is AKV-Jambo but I read that it’s too far to the other parks that a lot of people don’t like staying there. However I did a 2 night reservation for August 21-23 in a 1 bedroom Savanna view so far but need to figure out what to do with the other 29 points or change things up all together.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. (BTW, it’s too late to bank with RCI:(.

Hi, I have 99 points that will be expiring on August 31st and have had them listed for rent with a well known rental agency for months. They made an offer back in April (I was 15 minutes too late to snag it) but nothing since. Now they suggested for me to make a dedicated reservation in order to get them rented out.

What days would be the best to try and get that more people would be interested in? Is it better to book a studio or a 1 bedroom for the best chance to get these rented? Which are the most popular resorts that people want to stay at? My home resort is AKV-Jambo but I read that it’s too far to the other parks that a lot of people don’t like staying there. However I did a 2 night reservation for August 21-23 in a 1 bedroom Savanna view so far but need to figure out what to do with the other 29 points or change things up all together.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. (BTW, it’s too late to bank with RCI:(.
Studios are more popular with renters than larger villas. Renters tend to want "deluxe accommodations at moderate prices".

The resorts near to the parks are more popular with renters than the AKV, OKW and SSR. Poly and BCV are probably the most in-demand and RIV is shiny new, so lots of people want to try it.

Weekends are best for last-minute reservations. Your target market for your rental will most likely be renters within driving distance because last-minute airfare kills any savings on the accommodations.

You will want to set your price as low as the rental agency allows. Last-minute vacationers want bargains. You might also consider renting the points out on the rent/trade board here if you qualify to post there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter