help with budget on meals

DisneyFan86

Earning My Ears
I need help with a little bit of budgetary planning for disney in june, im sending four 18 and 19 year olds to disney. I need some help with how much to plan daily for food, and how much per meal and such because my kids are telling me that their friends need to know how much to bring for food, my guess is 400-500 dollars being that they are there for 10 nights... any recommendations for good rest. that they would enjoy,

Check out www.allearsnet.com This site has a listing of all the restaraunts, both counter service and sit down places, as well as their complete menus with pricing. Ask the kids what sounds good to them, and budget for those kinds of meals. A burger or chicken fingers will be pretty much the same whatever counter service you go to, but some of the sit down places vary a great deal. Hope that helps!

I agree check menues at ALLEARS.

Are you talking guys, girls or both? I can tell you from memory 18 yr old boys are bottomless pits. I'm sure they will want to go to some buffets. The days they eat counter service, I would plan on taking 2 meals ( $8 - $10 each) to fill them. They will probably snack at the parks a lot - this kills a budget. I guess I'm saying estimate very high.

This is just my opinion, but I would send AT LEAST $500 if not more, per person. There will be some counter service meals, snacks, and sit down breakfasts or dinners as well. We spend a lot on food (2 adults, 1 8 yo DD and an 18 mo DD). We pack most of the snacks from home (except we HAVE to go to Ghiradelli for s SMore's Sundae!). We do some counter service meals but most of those are burgers, hot dogs, pizza, and chicken. You get tired of those. We usually stay for 6 nights and I say we spend in between $900-$1000 maybe more. I mean a soda or water is like $3.00 or more. We eat 1 meal a day that's sit down and the rest is counter service. (Average sit down is probably $30-35 per adult for dinner). I'd allow $20 for breakfast, $25 for lunch, $35 for dinner per day per person. You can allow more and then say what you have leftover they can buy souveniers with.

I would plan for $30-$40 a day for meals. Lunch will be about $10 for counterservice and then calculate the rest for dinner and snacks. If they want breakfast add another $10 a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter