• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with final transportation/etc plans!

The Sybah Shelstah

Mouseketeer
I think this is the right forum to post this in! If not, I'm sure a nice mod will come along and move it for me. :)

It's mostly about transportation- but I need some help from those more experienced with these things.... and quick! My trip is coming up! Just some final things I need to work out/know.

First off, what are all the options I have for getting from the airport to the hotel (staying onsite for the first time- and not renting a vehicle. I'm going to attempt to just use WDW's transportation to limit my expenses for this solo trip!)? What options are there, prices, and how to get discounts? I noticed someone mentioned Tiffany Towncar w/discount?

(Also, please note that my flight times dictate that I won't be arriving to the MCO until 11:15pm. Does Mears, and any other options for travel run that late? If not, is there only a cab/taxi option that late? And if that is the case- how much will that cost me to ASMu? I have to go straight to ASMu, right? If they take me somewhere closer- like another resort or something... do the buses/WDW transportation run that late?)

Also, on my checkout day of the 28th... I plan on having a late checkout option (hope hope hope) at 1pm. But my flight does not leave until 6:15pm. So here are my questions on that.

What time should I make sure I have transportation- let's say with Mears? Tiffany Towncar? etc- to the airport to get there around 5pm for my flight at 6pm? I have no clue how long this takes and I wouldn't want to arrange a pickup time that wouldn't get me to MCO within plenty of time.

If my checkout is 11am OR 1pm (doesn't really make a difference really)- and let's just say for examples sake that my pick up for transportation to the airport doesn't pick me up till oh say 4pm or 4:30pm or around that time... WHAT do I do with my luggage during that time? Am I stuck carrying it around with me everywhere? Because if so... that's not going to be cool at all. It would EXTREMELY limit me on what I could do my last few hours at WDW. :( Can the hotel keep your luggage for a few hours after you check out? Or do they expect you to just deal with it- they are done with you once you check out? LOL

Can anyone help?

I have used Mears and the only aggravation is the anxiety of the wait while your bus gets ready to take off!

You don't need reservations. Even if you have them you have to stand in the same line as everyone else. You call them the day before you leave and they come pick you up on time.

And (at least staying onsite) you can keep your luggage locked away in a room until you leave. Some people want to leave very early on their last day, we choose to check out and squeeze everything out of that vacation, arriving at our destination in the night instead! Heck, we might as well, I hate leaving so early in the morning when I have a full day of fun ahead, still!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter