Help With Hrh!!!

mousetrap

Earning My Ears
Just booked HRH club room. I have never been to universal or stayed in a concierge room and would really like to know what I have booked. I will be there June 12-15 with my wife and two kids (ages 13 and 15). I would really like to know what the rooms are like and maybe a web site that has pictures, info on the express pass, is it just for one hour after opening or all day? Who do I show the room key to and when? How do I get from HRH to the parks? How does tipping work at the hotel? Thats all for now Im sure I'll have plenty more to come.
Thanks for any help.

I don't think you will be disappointed. Hopefully you have some business membrership, AAA, or other membership to get something less than the rack rate. Ask when you call for reservations. If so, the breakfast bagel, rolls, cerial, juice, and fruit will get you off to a good start into the parks, and more as the day progresses. Get a good lunch at one of the good sit-down resturants in City Walk - Hard Rock Cafe or Margaritiville, and continue until the family drops! For dinner, first head back to the 7th floor, & have a few complementary snacks & beer/wine. Then decide how hungry you really are. Back to City Walk for dinner, or order in a pizza.... Several places deliver, but can't deliver to the 7th floor (have desk call your room when they arrive) because they don't have a 7th floor key for the elevator. Have pizza delivery call from the front desk when they arrive for delivery. Hit the great HRH pool... Take in a pool side movie there if it is Sat or Fri night. Also good hamburgers/nachos, snacks, popcorn @ pool side. In a nut shell, it was worth it to us just to have the breakfast available so we could head right off to the parks (very short walk), then be able to relax after the marathon walks through the parks with with a couple drinks (beer/wine) plus snacks in the club lounge. Might also say, I really enjoy the live Irish folk music & happy hour at Finnigan's pub 3:00 - 5:00 pm in USF - a 10 minute wqalk back to HRH. Sorry this sounds like a mini - trip report, but we certainly enjoyed it. Also nice for the kids to have POP, bottled water available anytime, and cookies & milk every night 8:00 - 10:00pm. For us, the extra $ for a club room was worth it. Really a great place to stay! glad to answer any questions you might have. Just wish were back down there now instead of here on the s, shore of Lake Superior - with 2 feet of snow still in oir yard!! Like to tell you more, but my kid wants some help with 7th grade math right now...HELP!!!!

info on the express pass, is it just for one hour after opening or all day? Who do I show the room key to and when? How do I get from HRH to the parks? How does tipping work at the hotel? QUOTE]

Express pass is all day (for now anyway). You show your room key to the attendant at the start of the express line, sometimes once more before you get on the ride. Just look for the yellow and black express line sign. If you can't find it ask an employee. At the Sinbad show the express line(when we were there) is through the exit area, same at Dueling dragons.

You have 3 options for HRH to the parks. Take the boat, walk the path along the water or (shortest) take the path that is through the pool area, towards the slide, go right and through the gate and head towards the park.

We always tip the maids daily ($1 pp).

Hey seacook, thanks for the help. I was wondering, is the pop, beer, bottled water, etc. FREE? And also, could you tell me about the club rooms, and (I'm sorry for all the ? but I'm really excited) will my kids also get room keys. THANKS AGAIN.

Hey seacook, thanks for the help. I was wondering, is the pop, beer,
bottled water, etc. FREE?
Yes - for free - with your room on 7th floor: Continental breakfast 7:00-10:00am,
beverages (pop & water) 7:00am-11:00pm, Beer/wine/appitizers: 5:00pm-7:00pm, and cookies & milk 8:00pm-10:00pm. Enjoy!

Hi Mousetrap:
Me again... the kid is done with his homework (me too). The server on this board is so slow, I lost track of your questions. Follow-up: Yes, you will each get your own room keys... even the kids.. be sure to ask for one for each kid when you chech in. The keys are also used for express access at the rides in the parks. That's the very best part! No long waits!! The rooms are great... some club rooms have pool views, others not. Request @ check-in. Depends on availability. Nice rooms: Two VERY COMFORTABLE queen sized beds (or one King). My only complaint: no balconies! Small frig (full of expensive "honor" stuff, but feel free to pile much of it on top of the frig with a note for house keeping: "Not for Consumption" (that way you won't be charged for it), and put your own stuff in there. But still very nice.
ccook

my biggest tipping expense was to keep getting my luggage!!! We first tipped the valet when we unloaded at the front door when we got there, the room wasn't ready so then when we got it delivered 4 hours later we had to tip again...then the same when we left...they held it for us for the day after we checked out until we were ready to leave, with 4 woman (2 17 year olds) there were alot of bags...so it was like $10 everytime!!!

Don't forget: the HRH will be featured tonight (4/9) at 10 pm on the Travel Channel. I'm watching to get psyched for our Oct. trip.

Just watched the Hard Rock Secrets on the Travel Channel.. it was awesome. Really gets you psyched!! Check out the website and see if it will be on again.

Carol

Hi Carol:

I do not ever get to see these travel shows in canada and I am missing all the great ones, did they give any tips? We are going in two weeks.

Deb.

Hi Deb,

No, they didn't give any tips, like you get here. They showed the hotel, the rooms, the club lounge, and made you want to stay on the club level.

They also showed the Hard Rock Live arena, the Hard Rock Cafe and the Hard Rock warehouse, where they keep all the memorabilia for all their properties. They showed their grand opening with all the stars. They highlighted the pool, which I hope will be nice enough for us in Dec.!

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter