Help with kitten health problem?

I'm sorry. FWIW, I think she was a very sick kitty from the start and knowing what the problem was, seeking treatment sooner, going to a different vet -- whatever -- wouldn't have changed the outcome. She was lucky to spend what time she did have in your home being loved on instead of abandoned outside, so you did a really kind thing for her.

I'm sorry. FWIW, I think she was a very sick kitty from the start and knowing what the problem was, seeking treatment sooner, going to a different vet -- whatever -- wouldn't have changed the outcome. She was lucky to spend what time she did have in your home being loved on instead of abandoned outside, so you did a really kind thing for her.
Thank you. :flower3:

I would be interested to learn more about the natural supplement you put into your cat's food, that your vet recommended, as I have a suspicion that my indoor cat may have feline herpes as well. Antibiotics do not help with her nose/breathing issues, and I tried an allergy medication that didn't help either.

OP, I do hope the new vet can help your kitty. Keep us posted.

It is L-Lysine Oral Gel. The brand I use is called "Viralys" and I buy it on Amazon. The vet did give it to me the first time, but it's cheaper and the same thing on Amazon. The vet told me to start with putting a little on his nose so he can lick it off and get used to the taste. I did that for a couple of weeks (I think) and then started putting about one squeeze lol on top of his food. I'm pretty sure the vet said an 1/8th of a tspn. He runs right to it even now and licks it right off lol.

I did this until his eye wasn't red and runny anymore. Once it cleared up she told me that he would need this about once a week for the rest of his life to keep it from coming back. Sometimes I don't do it as often as I should and I can see his eye start to run a little or get squinty.

Aren't you glad you asked? I talk just as much as I type :)

It is L-Lysine Oral Gel. The brand I use is called "Viralys" and I buy it on Amazon. The vet did give it to me the first time, but it's cheaper and the same thing on Amazon. The vet told me to start with putting a little on his nose so he can lick it off and get used to the taste. I did that for a couple of weeks (I think) and then started putting about one squeeze lol on top of his food. I'm pretty sure the vet said an 1/8th of a tspn. He runs right to it even now and licks it right off lol.

I did this until his eye wasn't red and runny anymore. Once it cleared up she told me that he would need this about once a week for the rest of his life to keep it from coming back. Sometimes I don't do it as often as I should and I can see his eye start to run a little or get squinty.

Aren't you glad you asked? I talk just as much as I type :)

Thank you for the information, I'll have to check into it.

OP, I'm so very sorry about your kitty. :( I had a bad feeling, when you said the mama cat moved all but that one. They know something is wrong. I've had it happen twice, a kitten will seem perfectly fine and then one day it looks/acts sick and is gone a day or two later. One I had actively been trying to find a home for on Facebook. His mama abandoned him. He was lively, eyes were bright and clear, he was eating just fine, etc. I posted a photo of him on FB and a couple days later he started acting lethargic and the next day he was gone. No idea what was wrong. At least you know you did what you could for the kitty and he knew he was loved.

I'm so sorry to read she didn't make it. You did your best to save her and love her in the time she was here. What a beautiful girl she was too. I know it is a hard loss. She knew she was loved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter