Help with planning park days.

Duke07

Mouseketeer
I'm heading to WDW the last full week in April for 3 nights / 4 days and struggling to decide how to arrange the park days. We're going with a diverse age group ranging from a 2 and 5 year old up to parents and grandparents.

We arrive on Tuesday late morning and we're staying on property at a deluxe resort. Looking to do one park per day and skipping AK. MK has the extended hours for deluxe resort guests on that Wednesday, so we're reserving that day for MK. The question is which day (Tuesday or Thursday) to do Epcot or HS. I'd prefer not to rope drop and will be purchasing both Genie+ and ILL's for all the park days, so stacking LL's will be key to our strategy.

I saw on one of the crowd calendars that Tuesday may be busier for Epcot, but I'm not sure why that would be.

Any recommendations or tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I’d stack for HS on Tuesday starting at 7am when you can start. Be sure to buy the g+ before 7am. This is all eastern time by the way so make sure to take that into consideration.

Get the ILL for RotR and Slinky g+ first thing.
Then start stacking every two hours after the park opens.
Get the Slinky g+ first before the ILL because that goes very quickly. If it’s gone before you are able to snag that g+ keep trying for about 15 minutes because some come back into genie with people changing plans.

EP for the longer day because you might need to stop and rest more since it’s a much bigger park. And if the kids do the kidcot stations it might take a while so you’d need more time.

Frozen and Remy sell out for g+ first there, so maybe rode drop Remy if you are coming in from the IG and get a Frozen G+, or if you are coming in from the bus/monorail/parking lot rope drop Frozen and get g+ for Remy.

That’s the strategy we would use, hope it helps.

Great tips/strategy all around…thanks!

The one wrench in those plans is that we may not be able to rope drop as we’ll arrive too late Tuesday and Thursday will be the morning after the extra evening hours at MK - so the little ones may need to sleep in.

I’d stack for HS on Tuesday starting at 7am when you can start. Be sure to buy the g+ before 7am. This is all eastern time by the way so make sure to take that into consideration.

Get the ILL for RotR and Slinky g+ first thing.
Then start stacking every two hours after the park opens.
Get the Slinky g+ first before the ILL because that goes very quickly. If it’s gone before you are able to snag that g+ keep trying for about 15 minutes because some come back into genie with people changing plans.

EP for the longer day because you might need to stop and rest more since it’s a much bigger park. And if the kids do the kidcot stations it might take a while so you’d need more time.

Frozen and Remy sell out for g+ first there, so maybe rode drop Remy if you are coming in from the IG and get a Frozen G+, or if you are coming in from the bus/monorail/parking lot rope drop Frozen and get g+ for Remy.

That’s the strategy we would use, hope it helps.
Solid advice right here!

The one wrench in those plans is that we may not be able to rope drop as we’ll arrive too late Tuesday and Thursday will be the morning after the extra evening hours at MK - so the little ones may need to sleep in.
We did rope drop twice and never again. For us the time savings didn't seem all that significant and we usually like to stay very late at the parks, so we would be burned out by mid afternoon. Everyone seems to rope drop the same rides, so pending on how fast you can get there you may still be waiting a while. Factoring in the time spent lining up for the skyliner or bus, then security, then park entrance, then b-lining it to the ride it just wasn't worth it for us. Plus we like to enjoy a morning coffee at the resort before we make our way to the parks 😉

Even if you don’t rope drop, I’d still do the parks the same way.
HS for partial day with stacking g+ and ILL$ then EP for full day and just start stacking g+ at 7 for there as well.
You might not get g+ for both frozen and Remy but you can always try!

Even if you don’t rope drop, I’d still do the parks the same way.
HS for partial day with stacking g+ and ILL$ then EP for full day and just start stacking g+ at 7 for there as well.
You might not get g+ for both frozen and Remy but you can always try!
Agreed! In the past I've gotten the LL for Remy and then opted to just suck it up and do standby for Frozen when the wait time dips a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter