Help with planning plz....

zca'smommy

"That's me: wife, mother, superhero, I'm sure you
Hi everyone, I need help planning our vacation in Disney (5 days-4 day hopper w/one day Legoland). We will be driving there on a Sunday, arriving in the afternoon-we plan on hanging out, swimming, going to dinner/bed early on Sunday so we can get to the park the next a.m. We have one early entry w/our tickets, and a friend gave us tickets for Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness as well, we also have character breakfast for one day (need to decide between Goofy's and Minnie & Friends, I have twin boys that are 6 1/2 and a daughter that is 2 1/2) and I would like to book an early lunch (11:00) at Blue Bayou for one day, also we will be going to Lego Land one day as well. This is in late June if that matters. We will be there from Sunday to Friday a.m. 5 nights in the hotel. 4 day hopper. I would like to try and go to Legoland in the middle of our trip, say on Wed or something-to break it up a little, and we plan on using our 4th day (hopper) on friday before we leave, we will go to the park until about 2, then leave for home from there....

Any suggestions, as to when to use the EE, the Morning Madness? the character breakfast, Blue Bayou, etc??? any help/suggestions would be great. Thanks

For the EE's there are only certain days you can use them. I beleive it's Sat. w/ee for 7 am, Mon, Tues, and Thurs. with EE at 8 am. I'm not sure about the other questions you had, but it sounds like you all will have fun! I've heard the Blue Bayou is really good and I'm kicking myself for not trying it when we were there! :confused3
Katie

Just advice here, so take it or leave it. This assumes you only have one EE day (i.e., you are not staying at a DLR hotel)

1. Monday the first day should be an EE day. Get everyone to bed extra early Sunday night. Make sure the evening is relaxing so everyone is calm before bedtime. Everyone will have the most energy on the first park day, regardless. Other nights later in the week you may get back later from the parks, plus everyone will be tired from a park day, so it will be harder to get up early the next morning.

2. Blue Bayou has been closed because of the POTC refurb. I believe it opens when POTC re-opens on June 24. We made reservations there and requested waterside seating when we made the res, which is cool and you might want to do that. They did not open until 11:30AM (this was August 2005). We have four kids, and they only have two waterside tables that seat six. Not sure what happens with five people. We got there at 11AM, and they did not really open for check-in until about 11:15. When I checked in I made sure they knew about the waterside request.

3. If you are interested in DCA, I would start there on Tuesday, as that is an EE day and it will let you sleep in a little bit after an extra long Monday. Make sure you go to the Animation Studios - your kids will really like it - and for sure for sure see Turtle Talk with Crush. Kids can sit down in front. The TTWC lasts 20 minutes, but there is other stuff to do there and we easily spent 90 minutes there.

4. Wednesdays are the best day to go to DL, because there is no EE day and it is mid-week. If it were me I would start Wed at DL and plan to spend all or most of the day there.

5. I know you are leaving at 2PM Fri. If it fit were me, and it was possible to do Legoland on Friday, that is when I would go. But if that doesn't work, I would do Legoland Thursday as that is an EE day at DL.

6. Assuming you do Legoland Thursday, then last day Friday starts at DL and either finishes at DL or hops to DCA at DCA opening.

7. I heard recently that DLR changed the days that TTMM is available. I think it is now Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat. We never did TTMM, so I do not know details personally. I would do TTMM on Wed or Fri, assuming Legoland is Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter