Help With Planning

DISNEY COLLECTOR

Earning My Ears
Help all you veterans out there. We are planning a trip to Disney World May 21st and I haven't a clue where to start. I am a very budget minded person. It seems like you guys know where all the deals are. Where does a newbie like me start. There will be four adults and two children ( 5 and 9 ). We want to stay on site possibly. We would like to stay for around 5 nights. We are thinking about going to Universal Studios two of those days.

OK super planners......Where do I start? :grouphug:

No one I know is in the military and my company doesn't have any kind of discount programs affiliated with any theme park.

Help....

:confused3

Go to the Universal Studios Florida website for ticket prices-they have 2 day park hoppers available but I would recommend the 2 for 5 internet deal because it's actually cheaper than 2 day hopper and includes admission to City Walk (US version of pleasure island.)

Mousesavers.com is very good for hotel and park ticket info for WDW. If there is a discount to be had Mary at mousesavers will have it listed.

HTH

and Welcome to the DISboards! :wave2:

Thanks!

I will go to their website and take a look. You guys talk about such great deals. You are all experienced pro's. I feel like a baby. I don't even know the lingo on these boards. I hope to pick up quickly on the PS and CRT's and so on.....

Thanks for any information ....

Kim

allearsnet.com has a ton of info. and like tiggerwannabe said mousesavers is great too!! You are actually cramming a ton in on just five days, are you planning on going to all four Disney parks? The five year old might have a hard time keeping up, if you are planning on cramming 6 parks in 7 days including arrival and departure days she is going to be wiped, you might want to consider renting a stroller or using an umbrella stroller for the little one for a nap if you don't plan on having daytime nap breaks. You can also use the stroller to hold souviners ect...when she is not using it. I would suggest staying on-site if in the budget, you can get some great deals using codes for rooms and car rentals from mousesavers. (If you want to go to Universal, you might consider renting a car). You will learn some great things on this board like waking up tink, your girls would love it (if you don't know what it is I can explain it to you)!! A great resource guide is the Unofficial Guide to Disney you want to get the 2005 version that is in print now and should be out soon (according to another thread on this site- making sure it has the new ticket prices included). That book offers some great plans on making the most of Disney with a limited amout of time. I would suggest if you are looking for something fun for the whole family at night the Hoop Dee Doo Review is AWESOME!!! That is all I can think of for now. :wave2:

Here's the abbreviations link for you:)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

to expand on what anditoo72 says:
staying on Disney property is extremely convenient for transportation. There are car rental offices right on WDW property, you could rent a car specifically the days you need it (for cost saving) to go to Universal. US is about a 15 min straight drive (no traffic) from WDW property. :moped:

and yes, trying to do all 4 disney parks and 2 days universal is a little too much to expect from a 5 day stay. :bitelip: Maybe you should pick 2 of the Disney parks and spend 2 days at Universal and spend a "down day" at downtown disney (DTD :teeth: ) You and the kids could spend a few hours at disney quest, go shopping and have dinner at one of the DTD restaurants. :tilt: :badpc: disneyworld.com has the best details I've found on the DTD area. Check it out!

:wizard:

Hi Disney Collector,

Like you, my family and I are planning our first trip to WDW this year. We are going the first week in June. We got a GREAT rate on a Disney resort by renting points from a DVC member on here. I don't know if you want to go that route, but it might be worth looking into. I found the information about doing that (and these boards) on Mousesavers.com. They have TONS of information!!

Also, we were going to try to do Universal Studios and WDW the same week. We are going for 7 days and 6 nights. We decided to do JUST WDW (MGM instead of US) and save US for another, shorter trip. That way we can spend our time absorbing all the magic Disney has to offer. We've waited 'til our sons are 14 and 11 so we want to make sure to enjoy it while we can!

Just some thoughts... :cool1:

My Advice would be go online to allears.net, and read up there. They are cool. Also this web site is great with info for trip planning.

:flower: Hello! I know everyone has different opinions on this, but when our trips involve Universal or other non-Disney venues, we like to stay off site (at least for those days). This year our trip is strictly to Disney so we will be staying onsite. :bounce: I have found that overall it is much cheaper to stay offsite (meals and everything), but for Disney it is much more convenient to stay onsite. Having direct transportation to the Magic Kingdom pays for itself IMHO. Good Luck! Hope you have a great time on your trip! :flower:

Well, I have been looking for prices for a 5 day 4 night stay on site..My husband is overseas right now and will be home soon..He's wanting me to find something with meals included, onsite at a moderate resort..I went directly to the disneyworld.com site and found the price to be around $5,500..I was hoping for something less exspencive..with those same amenities..Have any suggestions??? Thanks Tara

Tara

Why not register with the DIS and then post your question on the Resorts Board :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter