Help with Reservation

NJBride2Be

Earning My Ears
I had posted a request for a "reservation wanted" and believe I booked a reservation through someone from the boards. However, I haven't heard from them in over two weeks and they are not returning my emails. How long do I wait before I try to rent from someone else?

If you haven't had any money change hands, exactly why do you think you may have had a reservation? It doesn't seem right to me that the person doesn't get back to you. I don't rent points, so I don't know the protocol, but I would think you were free to start again.

When is the reservation that you wanted? Maybe the person tried and couldn't get one for you, but still, I also would have expected an explanation. I'm sorry that this is happening.

Bobbi:goodvibes

thanks...this is my first time renting off of here so I don't know protocol either. She called me and told me she got the reservation for me and that she would send everything along and that was the last I heard

When you made the reservation did the person ever get back to you with a confirmation number or any other info at all. The written confirmation from Disney can take 10-14 days to get to the owner and then allow time to send it to you. If you have not sent any money and they don't get back to you I would just go ahead and try again. The only other thing I can think of is that they may be on vacation or away for other reasons and not checking the email. Good Luck

You said she called you. Do you have her phone number? I would call her and tell her that you would like to hear back from her and give her a deadline. If you have not sent any money, then make that deadline only a few days from now. Tell her that if you don't hear from her by then that you will contact someone else.

I rent points and I *always* give my renters my email and cell phone so they can contact me at any time. If you select another DVC renter I would recommend someone who has a "history" here on the DIS and not a renter fly-by-nighter who has only a few posts and just wants to rent points. You may have to pay a little bit more, but it's worth it to have someone who is reliable.

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I agree with the PP - renting involves a lot of trust from the rentee, if you are at all uncomfortable with the degree of communication and information you are getting from the renter, you are not obligated to rent from them.

There is a great sticky about renting points at the top of the rent/trade thread. I've rented points one time and in my experience, a good transaction will follow these steps:

1. email contact - mutual exchange of information
2. phone contact - mutual exchange of information
3. renter sends confirmation letter and two copies of the contract in the mail to rentee, rentee has X number of days to return the signed contract and a deposit to the renter.

At this point, you are obligated to continue the transaction.

If, at any time, a red flag seems to go off - the renter seems to have given sketchy contact information, is asking for payment up front, etc - then look for a different renter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter