Help with room request at AKL Jambo?

Bonacker

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are staying four nights at AKL Jambo, in a savannah-view studio, in January. (On rented points.)

It's our first trip to Disney. We have two kids, ages 4 and 6.

Any tips on what room or location or savannah to request?

We really don't care about being near to an elevator. Seeing animals --- or any other thing that might be neat -- would be awesome, of course.

Of course, we know it's only good luck if you get your request, but we thought we'd try.

thanks so much!

Sunset savannah is a good request if you want to see giraffes. Otherwise all savannahs have animals.

AKL is a great choice for a first visit to WDW!! Unfortunately, it will spoil you for just about any other resort/hotel you will visit ... :lmao:

Animals are everywhere at AKL - with the two kids, I think it would be more important for you to request a room close to the lobby (and pool) ... A long walk to your room at the end of a busy day could be a killer ...

I would also plan on spending some time at the resort - it's almost a theme park in itself! There are tons of activities for kids and adults ...

And if you want a break from the kids one night - there's Simba's Clubhouse. My DD and DN had a stay there a few years ago, and they still won't tell me what they did!! :rotfl2: They obviously had a great time ... I guess "What happens in Simba's Clubhouse, stays in Simba's Clubhouse." :rotfl:

And make sure to have strollers for both kids ...

... and eat at Boma!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!

PS. We stayed at AKL during both the 2008 and 2009 TRs in my siggie ... might give you some more ideas ...

PPS. Forgot - staying at Jambo - you can (and should try to - at leasy check it out) also use the facilities at Kidani ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter