• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help With Several MEARS Questions Please??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
My 24 yr. old daughter will be joining us mid-week on our next trip and we're considering using MEARS. I understand that they have folks going to different resorts on any given bus. Is there a fixed route they take? Is Dolphin an early stop or later? Given multiple stops, what's the worst case senario for how long it will take her to get to Dolphin from the time she gets her luggage at MCO, probably 10 pm or later? I know, lots of ??! Since she'll be leaving with us, we only have to worry about getting her there and if MEARS will be slow, I might as well cough up a fifty and get her a cab. Any input from MEARS veterans?

Bill From PA

Since she isn't getting in until 10 PM, I'd recommend you arrange for a towncar to pick her up. The driver will meet her at baggage claim, help with luggage if necessary and then take her directly to your hotel in a clean and comfortable vehicle. She will feel VERY special.

There are several reputable towncar services - one of them (YourRide) is a board sponsor and has received several positive reviews. While Mears will cost approximately $15 plus tip and the towncar approximately $40 plus tip, IMHO, it is well worth the money for efficiency as well as a Dad's peace of mind. Here's a link with some reivews:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=167131

Enjoy your trip!

My MIL and FIL use Mears every year when they go to WDW. There is not a set route. They have various size vehicles from a small van to a large tour bus size. My in-laws experience is that to get to the resorts, Mears usually uses the smaller vehicles. The big buses are used more for pciking people up when there are a lot going back to the airport. You check in with Mears, buy your tickets and when they have enough people going in the same direction to fill up, they leave.
We usually rent a van because it is easier for us to transport our DD's wheelchair that way. When my older DD and I went alone to WDW 2 years ago, we used Mears and only had to wait about 15 minutes after we bought our tickets until we left. We were in a 10 or 12 passenge van. The driver loaded and unloaded everyone's baggage. We had 2 quick stops to let people off before we were delivered to our hotel.
I personally would feel more comfortable in a bus with other people, but I asked my almost 20 yo DD and she said she would rather be in a limo, so she wouldn't have to worry about watching to make sure she got off at the right hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter