Here at VWL for first time - vacant!

gscott8075

DVC Owner 2001 -2019
Airport was crazy. Our flight was great - it was 15 minutes late.

This is our first stay at WL or VWL. Beautiful.

Each of the three resorts at WDW have such a unique personality.

We got out room right away.

All the parks are very light. All flags are at half staff. It is very touching.

The quiet pool at VWL is closed - Disney erected tall fencing around the pool. The water is yellow/green and they are leaving the lights on around it. Not very pretty.

The rest of the resort is absolutely beautiful.

Any questions, please fire away.

Have they said why the quiet pool is closed? It is relatively new to need to be rehabbed, isn't it?

Also would like to know about the pool being closed. Wife and I will be there the last weekend of this month and we were looking forward to enjoying some pool time.

I have not been able to find out why the quiet pool is closed. The main pool is open - and it is right around the corner from the villas.

We would spend more time there, anyway! It has a slide and a family of ducks in it.

Will post if I can find out why the small pool is out of service.

We were there last week and part of the week before, before and after the 3-day cruise and it was open, closed, open, and closed before we left on the 12th. One day we saw a guy with a diving mask on and tools at hand. We wondered if something got stuck in the pump or something happened to the pump. Just my ideas. But it looked like they fixed whatever, and then it was closed again. Sounds serious. The big pool was open and not that packed, so don't worry, the resort and amenities are great! Would someone please finish my vacation there that got ruined last week.

gscott-have a great time!

We are leaving for our first trip as DVC members to VWL on Nov 6th. Thought about postponing but rethought about it and decided to keep our plans. I was wondering how the attendance would be. Sounds as if the reports were correct. Heard on the news last night that alot of the resorts in WDW were only 30% filled! Enjoy your time at VWL and keep us posted.

The Fall edition of the Vacation Magic (page 13) says the pool is under renovation until September 21.

Ryan

alot of the resorts in WDW were only 30% filled!

I think it's bad times in Orlando. There's an article in today's Sentinel saying offsite hotels are at 10% occupancy and a flight from NY had only 12 people on board. Sure hope things turn around quickly. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter