• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now, 5/20... anyone know why there is no Purchase with Purchase?

I usually see it but then again I usually go between August and December....
It is only at certain gift shops like Mouse Gear, The Emporium, World of Disney, resort gift shops....

I usually see it but then again I usually go between August and December....
It is only at certain gift shops like Mouse Gear, The Emporium, World of Disney, resort gift shops....

It's almost everywhere. It was at POR gift shop last August. The gift shop outside of Pioneer Hall even had one where we go an extra backpack last January.

It's almost everywhere. It was at POR gift shop last August. The gift shop outside of Pioneer Hall even had one where we go an extra backpack last January.

I did mention resort gift shops.
I guess I just haven't noticed it at smaller shops.
Its pretty in your face at the big shops so I notice it there more.

In 20+ trips, last week was the first time we didn't see one. The absence was noticeable, but unexplained.

In 20+ trips, last week was the first time we didn't see one. The absence was noticeable, but unexplained.

I will say that I've found in the last few years the offerings have been less than desirable anyways so I wonder if they planned on phasing it out.
Example instead of a full size backpack they started offering a mini backpack, instead of a high quality plush fleece throw they started offering very low quality fleece throws that pill up.
We have blankets from 2013 that have held up well and my niece has 2 of them that have been "her blankies" since she was 7 months old... peed on, puked on, dragged throw the mud and they are still going strong.
I got one in 20105 that got bally the first time I washed it.
We also have some great full size backpacks that have lasted for years and are still going strong and yet I got a mini backapack again in 2015 and the zipper broke before leaving to go home.

I still have yet to see one of these deals that is actually worth it

"Worth it" depends on your view. As stated in my previous post we use the plush fleece throw blankets and full size backpacks. (blankets are literally used on the daily and the backpacks are generally used as carry ons or to go to the beach or on an overnight road trip).
For only $20 on top of what you're already paying its a pretty worth while deal.
Other things that I've seen like a starter pin trading kit not so worth it IMO but to someone that wants to trade pins it would be.

When We went in June 2006 I got a nice print that I have framed in my spare bedroom. Have also gotten a watch and a throw in the past. Hope they aren't phasing it out

We were there last week - got home yesterday and I didn't see a purchase with purchase anywhere. Last year I saw the backpack everywhere. Last week - and we shopped everywhere - I didn't see anything nor was I offered anything. Bummer.

I would agree. Even at the "discounted" price, it's a lot of cheap crap hoping people will impulse purchase it. But, as seen here, some people really like it!

We were there over thanksgiving and there were 3 options - a sinch bag that included a beach towel, a reg size backpack and somethign else

We were there last week - got home yesterday and I didn't see a purchase with purchase anywhere. Last year I saw the backpack everywhere. Last week - and we shopped everywhere - I didn't see anything nor was I offered anything. Bummer.
Worth noting, while I did see the offer I was never offered it during our trips. Not ever. It has always been up to me to ask, if I wanted it. I wasn't aware they ever offered it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter