Here now, a few observations (UK tickets, Genie+...)

BlancheNeige7

Et ils vécurent heureux pour toujours
Hello everyone! Here now and here are a few of my observations as a canadian. 🙂
  • UK tickets from Attraction Tickets were super easy to use and a great saving for our family. We received them in the mail a few days after ordering them and linked them to our profile.
  • Genie+ and the revamped App can be complicated. Park wifi has been very unreliable. That said, we would purchase again during crowded days.
  • As my DS11 observed "It feels like there is no covid". As many have observed, there are no masks (except on transportation) or distancing.
  • Even with the crowds, we are having a great time and are doing what we would have normally done during our many Disney Spring Breaks!

Thank you for reading! Let me know if you have any questions. We are here for a few more days.

Do you feel that you spent more time than usual using your mobile telephone, rather than looking around and enjoying family time? That is my daughter’s biggest complaint and I can’t fathom a way around it.

Do you feel that you spent more time than usual using your mobile telephone, rather than looking around and enjoying family time? That is my daughter’s biggest complaint and I can’t fathom a way around it.
I really don't enjoy having to use my phone as much while one vacation. In the end it is a few minutes every two hours to book LL. I would not hesitate to use Genie+ with the crowds and waits as high as they are right now. We would not purchase with lower crowds. A bit of time on the phone has saved us hours of wait and allowed us more time to enjoy.

Honestly hope changes are coming. What I find the most frustrating with Genie+ is the inability to select when you would like to do an attraction. We are having to improvise our touring based on what pops up. Luckily we have no ADRs!

Wait, we can buy UK tickets??? Tell me more!
We can! Go to the Attraction Ticket site. Make sure you select Euros for the best savings. They have 7 and 14 day tickets that include hoppers, waterparks and photopass. They often have deals like adults at kids price. Lots of savings for us!

You receive physical tickets in the mail about a week later. You link them online to your Disney Epxerience account and that's it! (You might have to go through the uk site to activate as per some posters).

BlancheNeige7, and anyone else who's been there using Genie+ every day, do you find your phone runs out of juice? I'm wondering if I need to have a portable charger with me? I know they sell FuelRods in the parks but I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper beforehand if I'm going to actually need something.

BlancheNeige7, and anyone else who's been there using Genie+ every day, do you find your phone runs out of juice? I'm wondering if I need to have a portable charger with me? I know they sell FuelRods in the parks but I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper beforehand if I'm going to actually need something.
We had a portable charger with us. Most days our phones needed one good recharge. Our charger was about $30, but there are so many out there at different price points. We are so reliant on our phones for Genie+, wait times and photo taking... definitely a must have in our daypack.

When I went (October when G+ started) we took breaks back in the room most afternoons and I would charge my phone then. Even before Genie+ though I was using my phone for pictures, finding wait times for rides, and back then trying for more FP. I do also carry a charge rod in my back pack just in case, my son now likes to play games on my phone if we have to wait in queue. I got a couple different ones on amazon that aren't too expensive and seem to work well enough.

BlancheNeige7, did you purchase the Genie+ with the ticket purchase from Attraction Ticket, or did you pay per day separately?

I'm looking to get Genie+ for only 5 of the 7 days I'm there and $15 USD a day x 5 days is still cheaper than the 95 euros Attraction Ticket is charging for 7 days of Genie+.

Also, thank you so much for this post! I was a little hesitant to purchase the UK/Ireland tickets, but with your info, I'm feeling confident!

BlancheNeige7, did you purchase the Genie+ with the ticket purchase from Attraction Ticket, or did you pay per day separately?

I'm looking to get Genie+ for only 5 of the 7 days I'm there and $15 USD a day x 5 days is still cheaper than the 95 euros Attraction Ticket is charging for 7 days of Genie+.

Also, thank you so much for this post! I was a little hesitant to purchase the UK/Ireland tickets, but with your info, I'm feeling confident!
You are very welcome! This forum has been tremendously helpful with our trip! :)

We ended up purchasing the Genie+ for the full 7 days. Since we were going for Spring Break during a sold out week, we knew we would be using it every day. For a future trip in August, we would be purchasing it day by day.

Have a wonderful time!

Depends a lot on your phone. About a month before our trip I got a new iPhone and I bought a portable charger thinking I would need one. It’s currently unopened because my phone was fine. If your phone battery seems crappy now though I would totally bring one (no way my old phone would have lasted).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter