Does anyone know if you can park at the Magic Kingdom/TTC on a day you don't have a park pass? We will be staying on property and wanted to tour the monorail resorts. We'll have a car and would rather drive than take the bus (if at all possible). Thank you so much, this board has been so helpful in planning for our upcoming trip!

Does anyone know if you can park at the Magic Kingdom/TTC on a day you don't have a park pass? We will be staying on property and wanted to tour the monorail resorts. We'll have a car and would rather drive than take the bus (if at all possible). Thank you so much, this board has been so helpful in planning for our upcoming trip!
As long as you have parking privileges (ap, staying on site) or are willing to pay for parking yes you can

They will ask if you have a park pass and maybe it shows after they scan your MB. I have no idea what they do if you don’t, but I’ve seen lines at the ticket booths and some must not have park passes.

We are about to arrive on Friday for a week- excited especially to escape the horrible winter northeast weather. I’m noticing that a lot of hard to get dining is opening up next week for places like Cali grill and CRT. Do you guys think a lot of people are cancelling all of a sudden?
No. That always happens about a week before a trip--what you are seeing are the hoarders dropping the extra reservations they don't need as they get closer to finalizing their plans. I've planned many a last-minute Disney trip in pre-Covid times and always was able to book everything I wanted in the week leading up to the trip.

Quick note to anyone who declined housekeeping: you need to put the occupied tag on your door unless you want to be barged in on by the housekeeping you declined!

ETA: I thought the inspections I had read about on here were random, but apparently bring barged in on is going to be a daily thing here :(

Last edited:
So you declined the service, didn't stick the tag up and they barged in anyhow? What were they going to do... I have gotten the inspections before. But it's making me wonder if they didn't know and were going to clean LOL.

It doesn't show when they scan at the toll booth. Ive parked at the parks without a reservation to use the skyliner
Just a random note that probably doesn't mean anything. I know it's been a while, but when I went in August, the day I drove to AK the lady at the toll booth asked if I had a park reservation for that day after scanning my band. I said yes, she then said "oh yes, it typically pops up right away after we scan your band that you have a park reservation, yours just took a little longer than normal". Not that I think that would stop anybody from being able to park without a park reservation, just at some point it seems it did show that you had a pass after scanning at the toll booth.

Has anyone been the first week of March before? We are kind of stuck now that we can't move our flights a third time, but it seems like most people here have been having a good "enough" time. I only ask because I have never been there that time of year and not sure if there were any bonus's to it.

Has anyone been the first week of March before? We are kind of stuck now that we can't move our flights a third time, but it seems like most people here have been having a good "enough" time. I only ask because I have never been there that time of year and not sure if there were any bonus's to it.

March is my favorite time of year to go to Orlando. Not too hot, not too cold, not too rainy. I just make sure I'm not there at Easter time, when the crowds increase.

Growing up, we'd go in February (my dad is a big racing fan and he'd find a way to sneak away for a day to Daytona for the NASCAR festivities). We're booked to go late Feb/early March in 2021 and it seems like a good time - no holidays, not during spring break. As someone said before, F&G festival starts on 3/3.

I think the only thing you can do is park at Disney Springs and take the Lynx Bus to Disney TTC.
But that would cost 4 dollar round trip per person so you might just be better off paying for parking at MK/TTC

You could make a restaurant appointment at Poly and park there for a couple hours if you just want to do monorails. Other than that you would have to take some kind of bus to get to the front of Epcot or MK resorts

Yep, that's me. I genuinely was not even aware of my cotton (Vera Bradley) masks in the heat of Aug., or even slightly cooler Oct., but I absolutely HATED wearing them last week when it was cold. The worst day was a high of 58 and a low of 45: the humidity plus my breath kept the mask a bit damp, but the air was cold enough to also make it chilled, and I was just really, really aware of it the whole time I was wearing it. The few times I was indoors for a few minutes, it felt better. I swapped out for a fresh one every couple hours, but it only felt good for a few minutes. But full disclosure: I'm a Floridian of 30 years and struggle to be warm, in general, in that weather, so the added chill of the mask was unwelcome.
I think it may be the type of mask you wear. I had the medical type 2 masks and when it was warm, I was a sweaty mess with them. But the days it was colder, I barely noticed them

This was the headline of a recent article: Disney World has reportedly stopped spacing out parkgoers on some of its most popular rides

The rides they mentioned were Rockin Roller Coaster, Slinky Dog, and Everest. Have you noticed this?

This was the headline of a recent article: Disney World has reportedly stopped spacing out parkgoers on some of its most popular rides

The rides they mentioned were Rockin Roller Coaster, Slinky Dog, and Everest. Have you noticed this?
Yes this has been reported by several people.
Merged to the just back thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter