It’s Spring break currently for New England and boy they flocked to WDW. Boston and Patriots gear as far as the eye could see. But for the most part I noticed a lot of large extended family groups with younger children this past week. Not as many school aged kids as normal. Crowds felt like any normal busy time. Some moments were manageable, plenty were not. For us ADRs were harder to come by this trip than any other. Lines (save for MK on Sunday which was dead in the AM) grew quickly and stayed long all day.

As reported many times, Cast member joy just isn’t there right now. Between trying to manage what’s expected of them to keep themselves and the public safe, and dealing with the public, many of whom flout the rules on purpose, how could there be much room for joy? Service was pretty abysmal across the board. At least three different CMs remarked that they didn’t expect things to be so busy which seems impossible since WDW has exact numbers of everyone in the parks and resorts for each day.

This is our 5th trip since reopening and our last until the fall when things have hopefully improved. Gotta get a little more use out of those APs.

I’ve been here since Sunday and nothing but positive cast member interactions and excellent service across the board. I’m sorry your experience hasn’t been the same but I wholeheartedly disagree that cast member joy isn’t present.

How far is the walk from Southwest baggage claim to DME? We will have a 3 year old, 9 month old, double stroller and a few bags. Not really interested in walking a mile then waiting a long time with all that. Seems like I can get a private driver with car seats for around $100. Thoughts?

I would do it in a heartbeat! After a couple of less-than-stellar shuttle experiences (once with Disney and once with Universal), my private car transport to/from the airport is the vacation "splurge" that I give myself. Some people give themself a nice meal, some people buy themselves a fancy souvenir, I buy myself a ride with Tony (Hinds) and a 100% stress free/worry free transportation experience. No one-hour long ride on the DME with someone else's screaming child (done that)! No dashing through the airport trying to make my flight because the shuttle never came (done that too)! I know that he will be there when he says that he will and will do everything to make the start and end of my vacation as delightful and relaxing as possible.

I remember it being a bit of walk which wasn’t bad when it was just DH & I. But was bags & DS (3) we are getting a private car this trip. It was $160 round trip to & from MCO. Includes car seat & grocery stop if you want. Do you catch the private cars by the baggage claim? I’ve never done that at mco.

From what I understand, right now the drivers can't come into the airport until you have your bags. But as soon as you do, you text your driver and they will come in to help you out with your bags. We usually go down one floor and right out the door. No lines, no waiting, no stopping at three different hotels before you FINALLY get to yours.

Just back from a 3 day trip Sunday-Wednesday.

We had a great time, it was our daughter's 1st trip (19months) and we stayed at the Yacht Club.

Transportation: Great. Buses + Gondolas were fast and efficient.
Food: Not enough restaurants open, not enough snack carts.. Food on the fly as an issue IMO. We had reservations but when you have a toddler it's really tough to plan out meals in advance.. sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't.
Covid Related: were vaccinated so I really wasn't concerned about this but I didn't see any people breaking the rules.
What else... We really missed the parades and fireworks. We did Toppolinos and that was a lot of fun for my 1 year old! And the food was delicious.

Overall had a great time and we even got a pixie dust upgrade to a bigger room at the Yacht Club. Can't wait to go back and hop parades/Fireworks/FP come back soon.

I arrive in a few days and weather looks consistent from now to then. I am wondering what evening weather is like--did you/are you wearing a light sweater --or does 68 with humidity feel warm for t-shirts?

I arrive in a few days and weather looks consistent from now to then. I am wondering what evening weather is like--did you/are you wearing a light sweater --or does 68 with humidity feel warm for t-shirts?
I’m here now, and it’s been chilly in the evenings for sure (and the mornings too, especially if you’re in the shade). I’ve been wearing a thin hoodie (really a glorified long-sleeve t-shirt), and it’s been great for those chilly times.

the grocery store stop is enough to get me to seriously consider this....

Would they stop at more than one store? We are renting a car at MCO from Alamo next month so we can get some snacks somewhere like Target and go to the ABC store for some libations. MK is our park the next day so we're returning the car to the CCC and getting shuttled to TTC or CR to get to the park. Those car services cost about the same as our car but I didn't think they could stop multiple places for us and not having to deal with returning the car would be a bonus.

Bottom line, it was a very different trip. I’ve been vaccinated, but still appreciated all that Disney did with covid protocols. That being said, it made for LONG wait times for just about everything. I was there 4/13-4/20. I thought I was past spring breaks since it was two weeks following Easter, but apparently it was still spring break time for many schools.
  • My phone never worked for mobile ordering. The first few days I showed my white screen to the “gatekeeper” and they all said,”It’s easy, just do this . . .” None of which ever worked. I asked at the front desk and they thought maybe my phone was too old (iPhone 6S, iOS 12, not able to upgrade higher). It never occurred to me that my phone was told old, although one “gatekeeper” told me she uses her iPhone 6 all the time. Whatever the reason, frustrating, I think more because I couldn’t see menus to see what each restaurant offered than actually being prevented from ordering. I never had a problem being allowed to use a register to order.

• I had park reservations for Hollywood Studios for two days and was not able to get a boarding group for either day. Honestly, I’m not very Star Wars savvy, so it wasn’t a huge disappointment, but if I was a SW fanatic I would have been pretty mad that I couldn’t experience the new attraction. Also, I planned two days at HS with the expectation that I’d be able to get a boarding pass one of the days. Otherwise I would not have planned two days at HS.

Usually I don’t spend much time at the resort, but got tired of the long lines so finally justified heading back to the hotel (Contemporary) because the room cost much more per day than park tickets, so why not enjoy the resort!

I’m interested that many people have been on multiple trips during these reimagined times. I won’t return until things are opened up more.

In our experience this past week Big Thunder was the only wait that seemed consistently less than what was posted, everything else was pretty spot on or longer than posted.
Interesting that was our same experience in March...odd that the same ride was the only one with a lower wait than posted. In Sept. most were lower than posted, but in March they were all pretty accurate, some longer, except BTM, which was less.

I had park reservations for Hollywood Studios for two days and was not able to get a boarding group for either day. Honestly, I’m not very Star Wars savvy, so it wasn’t a huge disappointment, but if I was a SW fanatic I would have been pretty mad that I couldn’t experience the new attraction. Also, I planned two days at HS with the expectation that I’d be able to get a boarding pass one of the days. Otherwise I would not have planned two days at HS.
That's a bummer. You weren't successful at 7am and 1pm on both days? Did you read up on the process and practice before your trip?

we even got a pixie dust upgrade to a bigger room at the Yacht Club.
Curious if you did the mobile check-in or went to the front desk to check in? We are staying at the Yacht Club in June and would love to get a pixie dust upgrade! Wondering if checking in at the front desk gives us a better chance for this...

Curious if you did the mobile check-in or went to the front desk to check in? We are staying at the Yacht Club in June and would love to get a pixie dust upgrade! Wondering if checking in at the front desk gives us a better chance for this...

We did not go to the front desk! We had room arrival set for 2PM which is earlier than check in and it was just assigned to us. I think it's just random or whoever is working! I've been going to Disney for 18 years and this is my first upgrade!

We did not go to the front desk! We had room arrival set for 2PM which is earlier than check in and it was just assigned to us. I think it's just random or whoever is working! I've been going to Disney for 18 years and this is my first upgrade!
Thanks for the info! Glad you got the upgrade!

I would do it in a heartbeat! After a couple of less-than-stellar shuttle experiences (once with Disney and once with Universal), my private car transport to/from the airport is the vacation "splurge" that I give myself. Some people give themself a nice meal, some people buy themselves a fancy souvenir, I buy myself a ride with Tony (Hinds) and a 100% stress free/worry free transportation experience. No one-hour long ride on the DME with someone else's screaming child (done that)! No dashing through the airport trying to make my flight because the shuttle never came (done that too)! I know that he will be there when he says that he will and will do everything to make the start and end of my vacation as delightful and relaxing as possible.

From what I understand, right now the drivers can't come into the airport until you have your bags. But as soon as you do, you text your driver and they will come in to help you out with your bags. We usually go down one floor and right out the door. No lines, no waiting, no stopping at three different hotels before you FINALLY get to yours.
So they can meet you at baggage claim?

The service we used (can I give out the name here??) texted us the day before with a photo of the driver, and then he texted us once we were on the ground saying he was on the way. We picked up our luggage and met him outside at the door we said we were closest to. He loaded everything into the trunk (which was great because they were heavy) and we were on our way. We arranged with the service to have the same driver pick us up for return to the airport, and he helped us get the luggage handlers at the curb loaded and on our way to the baggage check in. They do offer a 30 minute stop at a grocery store, but we didn't need it. I believe cost was $150 round trip (there were only two of us so we only needed the town car), in addition to tip each way. I will definitely use this service again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter