Yeah the food at Disney has been sub par for sometime, IMO, outside of a few locations.

More people should demand refunds, perhaps they'd up their game.
ITA that people should request exchange/refund when a food item is not acceptable but many people look at it as wasting more time.

The thing is, if you do complain, it alerts them that something should be looked at again, and it rotates the stock so that the next person may not have to deal with the same problem. I have rarely gotten an inedible item but I have sent something back at a TS and I have asked a CS to add more to my plate when the CM seems to be not paying attention and the portion seems way too small. Has never been a problem.

Once I was paying at POFQ and I thought that the CM had given me a very small portion of something but I didn't say anything. The CM checking me out actually told me to go back and tell them to give me more. She said it was not plated correctly. Remember that sometimes the workers simply may not be paying attention so if something doesn't look right or looks bad, comment right away.

Going in a few days. Can someone please give the latest update on when parks open vs official posted times and rope drops info for each park? 😊

ITA that people should request exchange/refund when a food item is not acceptable but many people look at it as wasting more time.

Normally I am one who is adamant about letting them know when something is wrong. It is the best way to let them know they aren't doing as well as they should.

But this trip was exhausting and I mean mentally, not physically. We were constantly monitioring my grandson for exposure, watching crowds, and laser focused on keeping him safe. I just didn't have it in me to take on any more. I do intend to email them with our concerns now that we're home and poor food quality is going to be one of the things I share. I did get a survey and filled that out as well.

My son-in-law did turn back a lobster roll when he picked up the order. He said it looked like they had forgotten to put the crab at all there was so little on the sandwich. Honestly, he said they didn't act like they much cared at all and were puzzled that he was unhappy with it, although they did give him another one. I'm not sure that complaining at the window at qs ever gets past the person at the register. I want them to know higher up that the quality was horrid.

Normally I am one who is adamant about letting them know when something is wrong. It is the best way to let them know they aren't doing as well as they should.

But this trip was exhausting and I mean mentally, not physically. We were constantly monitioring my grandson for exposure, watching crowds, and laser focused on keeping him safe. I just didn't have it in me to take on any more. I do intend to email them with our concerns now that we're home and poor food quality is going to be one of the things I share. I did get a survey and filled that out as well.

My son-in-law did turn back a lobster roll when he picked up the order. He said it looked like they had forgotten to put the crab at all there was so little on the sandwich. Honestly, he said they didn't act like they much cared at all and were puzzled that he was unhappy with it, although they did give him another one. I'm not sure that complaining at the window at qs ever gets past the person at the register. I want them to know higher up that the quality was horrid.
I definitely get it. I have hesitated to complain about anything this past 18 months and the few times I did, I got a 'don't you know it's a pandemic!' kind of response. But that is starting to wear thin, especially since everything is more expensive than it was. Glad you are writing to them about your experiences.

Yesterday was our last day at Disney parks. We had it as a second Hollywood studios day because we wanted to maximize our chances of getting a rise of the resistance pass. We got boarding group 67 yesterday. We got to hollywoodstudios at 8:30 instead of 8 like earlier in the week. They had already started letting people in so we didn’t have to wait at the entrance. We were in line for MMRR at 8:40. The line seemed to start moving around8:45 and we were in the building by 9 and the pre-show room by 9:10.

after that we did some small things we had missed the previous day like muppets, Star tours and the new short. Then it was back to Galaxy’s edge for our 11am at Oga’s. We got there around 10:45 but we’re told we had to wait until 11. We played around with the data pad for a bit and checked back in at 11. We were seated with another family in a booth. We kept our masks on the whole time and ordered our drinks to go. The server didn’t bat an eye and it seemed like it’s a request they get often. She was great and really in character. We enjoyed the atmosphere, I got some photos of the DJ and hacked him with the data pad. Once we got our drinks we found a ledge across the way outside to sit and drink them while finishing up our datapad games.

after that, we went to Ronto roasters. we lucked out with finding a table. It was really crowded there. The food was delicious and the timing worked out because it started pouring while we were in there. There was a lot of rain yesterday but at least it helped keep it a bit cooler. once the rain eased off we went to check out the small shops and play some more datapad games. It started pouring again and everyone took shelter in the shops so it was a bit crowded.

once the rain eased off again it was almost time for our boarding group so we headed that way. The line was much longer than the other day. But after 5 minutes in line we were told the ride was down and to come back later :(. We were pretty tired at this point so we went back to the room to nap.

in the evening we headed back to Epcot for food and wine and wandering around world showcase. We also stopped at Abracadabar on the way. They had nice outdoor tables so we were able to snag one thankfully. And it started raining again hard while we were there but we were under an awning so it was fine. We enjoyed Epcot and made sure to stop for some photo pass pictures in world showcase. They all seemed to have a bit of a line but it wasn’t too bad. We left Epcot before the fireworks since we had seen them earlier in the week. We thought about going back to Hollywood studios for rise of the resistance since it was working again But decided we were too tired. We ordered take out from it mulino instead and had dinner in our room.

Today we’re having lunch at Homecoming and then transferring over to Royal Pacific at Universal!

We are the same, ordered ours about a month ago, from Canada, shows the same. Since we received our confirmation I’m not super worried.
Same here. But we have the confirmation email of the order and payment etc. So I'm sure we'll get MBs somehow at check-in (if they actually are not there).

I feel really lucky because we have a way different experience than much of what I'm reading here on our recent trip. In two 1/2 days at HS we did MMRR (2x), RotR (2x), Star Tours (5x), TSM (3x), SDD (3x), ToT (3x), RnRC, Swirling Saucers, Smugglers Run plus one ADR, Muppet Vision, that movie short, and lots of shopping. In two partial days at MK (one of which was about 6 hours long and the other which was only about 3 hours long), we were able to do BTMR (2x), Splash (2x), PP, 7DMT, Space (2x), HM (2x), IASW, Pirates, Buzz, PhilharMagic, Mad Tea Party plus 2 ADRs and lots of shopping. In 1.5 days at Epcot we did Soarin (3x), Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, FEA (2x), Figment (3x), Nemo, TT (2x), Mission Space, and hit every WS pavilion. And in about 8 hours total at AK, we did Safaris, FoP (3x), Expedition Everest (6x??? ~ I lost count), Navi, TriceraTop Spin, DINOSAUR, both walking trails, Nomad Lounge, and one ADR. It was definitely crowded, but the trick for us was to get there well before RD, hit 3-4 attractions first thing, take a break (either shopping/seeing a show/having an ADR in the park or back at the resort), then hitting attractions again from 4pm(ish) to close. We found MDE waits to be very inflated and even the long lines moved quickly. My point is that, yes things are different, but it's still definitely possible to get a lot done right now .

I feel like for our family, there isn’t a lot. We can’t sit down for a long meal with a toddler so we’re looking for QS food. So while there are some TS restaurants open, that doesn’t help us. We have gotten a full pizza two days in a row from the Boardwalk pizza window and that’s been good enough but I don’t want pizza every day. We’re gonna try some Uber Eats offsite I think tonight.

If you enjoy tacos/burritos (among other items), try Picabu (hopefully the menu is up to date, but it is Disney's not Dolphin's) over at the Dolphin.

Quick service (think cafeteria style), reasonably priced and large dining area--good spot for toddlers. Picabu is on the lower level of the resort and easily accessible. If you have AAA, there is a discount too.

We have had breakfast there along with grabbing to go items (burritos, pizza, etc.) to bring back to our rooms at BCV or BWV. We have always enjoyed it.

two 1/2 days at HS we did MMRR (2x), RotR (2x), Star Tours (5x), TSM (3x), SDD (3x), ToT (3x), RnRC, Swirling Saucers, Smugglers Run plus one ADR, Muppet Vision, that movie short, and lots of shopping. In two partial days at MK (one of which was about 6 hours long and the other which was only about 3 hours long), we were able to do BTMR (2x), Splash (2x), PP, 7DMT, Space (2x), HM (2x), IASW, Pirates, Buzz, PhilharMagic, Mad Tea Party plus 2 ADRs and lots of shopping. In 1.5 days at Epcot we did Soarin (3x), Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, FEA (2x), Figment (3x), Nemo, TT (2x), Mission Space, and hit every WS pavilion. And in about 8 hours total at AK, we did Safaris, FoP (3x), Expedition Everest (6x??? ~ I lost count), Navi, TriceraTop Spin, DINOSAUR, both walking trails, Nomad Lounge, and one ADR.

I'd be very interested to learn how you got all this done using only standby. FOP 3x's and Everest 6 with all the other things in between in only 8 hours? Even with Fp+ we never got close to accomplishing that much in that short of a time. If FOP was only a 1 hr wait and Everest was only a 30 minute wait (both those estimates are well below what anyone is reporting in real wait times) it would take 6 hrs of wait time leaving only 2 for Safari, Navi, TTS, Dino, Walking trails, Nomad lounge and an adr. The other parks seem incredible as well with the amount of time you were in the park. So what's your secret?

I feel really lucky because we have a way different experience than much of what I'm reading here on our recent trip. In two 1/2 days at HS we did MMRR (2x), RotR (2x), Star Tours (5x), TSM (3x), SDD (3x), ToT (3x), RnRC, Swirling Saucers, Smugglers Run plus one ADR, Muppet Vision, that movie short, and lots of shopping. In two partial days at MK (one of which was about 6 hours long and the other which was only about 3 hours long), we were able to do BTMR (2x), Splash (2x), PP, 7DMT, Space (2x), HM (2x), IASW, Pirates, Buzz, PhilharMagic, Mad Tea Party plus 2 ADRs and lots of shopping. In 1.5 days at Epcot we did Soarin (3x), Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, FEA (2x), Figment (3x), Nemo, TT (2x), Mission Space, and hit every WS pavilion. And in about 8 hours total at AK, we did Safaris, FoP (3x), Expedition Everest (6x??? ~ I lost count), Navi, TriceraTop Spin, DINOSAUR, both walking trails, Nomad Lounge, and one ADR. It was definitely crowded, but the trick for us was to get there well before RD, hit 3-4 attractions first thing, take a break (either shopping/seeing a show/having an ADR in the park or back at the resort), then hitting attractions again from 4pm(ish) to close. We found MDE waits to be very inflated and even the long lines moved quickly. My point is that, yes things are different, but it's still definitely possible to get a lot done right now .
I'd be very interested to learn how you got all this done using only standby. FOP 3x's and Everest 6 with all the other things in between in only 8 hours? Even with Fp+ we never got close to accomplishing that much in that short of a time. If FOP was only a 1 hr wait and Everest was only a 30 minute wait (both those estimates are well below what anyone is reporting in real wait times) it would take 6 hrs of wait time leaving only 2 for Safari, Navi, TTS, Dino, Walking trails, Nomad lounge and an adr. The other parks seem incredible as well with the amount of time you were in the park. So what's your secret?
I agree- that seems like a lot to accomplish in that time. When were you there? Did you use the single rider lines on anything? We had the same game plan- RD, break, return later in the day- and we did not get anywhere near that amount at AK or DHS in mid-July.

I agree- that seems like a lot to accomplish in that time. When were you there? Did you use the single rider lines on anything? We had the same game plan- RD, break, return later in the day- and we did not get anywhere near that amount at AK or DHS in mid-July.

We had the benefit of quite a few recovery FP's, some of which were good for FOP, SDMT, SDD and MMRR and the only ride we managed twice was MMRR. And we still didn't accomplish anything close to that with more time in the parks than the OP. One of the reasons I haven't commented on ride waits is we aren't representative of the average experience. Just having a handful of FP's changed everything we were able to do.

I think if they were just there in the last few days that they were able to get a ton more done than those were there from last week and earlier, the crowds have really eased up since you left. With schools going back, cases rising, and masks it's calmed down so much so that it's like a different park from last week to this week. I have had several friends getting in those last minute trips, and the last one came back yesterday (i laugh saying they're pulling in on two wheels as school started today) and they were there from last wednesday and said it was like two different worlds with lines. She didn't go to AK so I don't know about those lines, but I know she said the other parks were night and day for them.

I think if they were just there in the last few days that they were able to get a ton more done than those were there from last week and earlier, the crowds have really eased up since you left. With schools going back, cases rising, and masks it's calmed down so much so that it's like a different park from last week to this week. I have had several friends getting in those last minute trips, and the last one came back yesterday (i laugh saying they're pulling in on two wheels as school started today) and they were there from last wednesday and said it was like two different worlds with lines. She didn't go to AK so I don't know about those lines, but I know she said the other parks were night and day for them.

We were there until Monday of this week, last time in the parks was Sunday and it was packed at HS. It's still an amazing amount to get done even with very low crowd levels. It would be nice to know exactly when they made the trip- doesn't sound like it was in the last couple of days. On the best days, FOP will always be an hour or more as will many of the other rides they listed as having done multiple times. So I'm curious as to how they managed to get that much done.

Last edited:
We were at AK yesterday and definitely waited an hour and forty minutes for FOP. To be fair the wait time said over 2 hours so it was a tad inflated bur not extremely exaggerated

I’m not pp, but based on our experience this past week it seems pretty doable. The WDW posted waits were not accurate for us at all. If they did FOP at rope drop or end of night, the rest of AK would be very doable. We never saw Everest above 25-30 (often closer to 20) and single rider was a walk on (literally). Dinosaur was about 15, triceratop had no wait. Safari was 30 in the middle of the afternoon-I’m sure much less at start of the day.

This is so good to hear. We will be there Sunday and I really hope the crowds aren't too insane. I'm prepared if they are but would love it if it's less crowded than it has been this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter