We’ve been able to get into our rooms early, but it’s the luck of the draw. It can help if you let the front desk know you’re physically present and they will try to expedite your room. Sometimes it’s as simple as a supervisor checking OK on their system.

We have a special room too...it's a hearing accessible garden view room so I guess it will depend if anyone else was in it. It has visual alarm, flashing light for deaf people so maybe it will be ready sooner. Good idea to just ask when we arrive. Thanks again!

Today at MK was so much better than Wed. Seems odd, but Wed. was posted as a 7 crowd, today a 5 until this morning when it was changed to a 2.

We were also at MK on Wednesday, and experienced pretty heavy crowds, although it seemed a little better than when we were there on Sundy 8/8. I'm glad crowds are lightening up a bit!

Thanks everyone for today’s reports. My family arrives to WDW late tomorrow late afternoon.
We are hitting AK early a Monday with Epcot in the evening. 🙏🙏🙏for as little rain as possible. And hopping the next TS makes a turn away from Florida. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Th crowds seem low this morning, could be because Epcot opened at 10am🤔🤔🤔
I can’t wait to ride FOP! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻ROTR (I will have 6 people trying for a BG).

Once again, a BIG a thank you to everyone who has taken time out of their vacations to update all of us! 👍🏻😎☀️

I am curious if people are noticing more people driving iso Disney Transportation? We have changed our touring style to include driving to parks iso of Disney buses due to the Covid situation. I’m just wondering if others have had the same idea - and therefore more car lines.. I am just wondering if its a commute style hell driving in for rope drop?? Just had a strategy... Eat breakfast in the car to save morning time lol.....

I was also just thinking when we go the week of the 23rd schools are back locally so I would hope that they would be less local traffic and those people usually drive.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I just got us a rental car for upcoming next trip to avoid Disney transport!

Totally just my thoughts but if I am going to be standing in switchback lines day after day at Disney, standing/sitting on a bus or other transportation for 5-10 mins isn't going to introduce too many more people to my trip. But, that's just the way I look at it.

I will add that it's quite a financial investment to renting a car. Between the car rental itself plus paying for resort parking each night, it's a lot of money to save being away from a few people when I'm going to be near thousands of people every day at Disney.

Have people eaten at Sanaa or Topolinos recently? We have a Sanaa lunch and a Topolinos brunch for our trip in two weeks, and was wondering how long the meals took/how safe it felt covid wise? *IE, how close were the tables!
We ate breakfast at Topolinos yesterday. Didn’t give Covid a second thought. Just enjoy! It was the best meal I’ve had a Disney.

Yes it is! Shows people are changing how they get from A to B. And May impact things.
We drive down so have a car and park it and don't get back in it until time to go. For us, one of the perks of staying on site is using Disney transportation. We don't like dealing with the traffic when driving or getting into a hot car. The buses never bothered us, I've been since Covid (in April when they were distancing on the buses which I understand they are not doing now) but even before that when it was standing room only it was no big deal. My son always said it reminded him of taking the buses in college and made him feel younger, plus he has nerve damage in his spine so sitting actually hurts worse than standing. We will have a baby and a stroller with us this time so that should be fun. Trust me, I'm going to make them take the baby out of the stroller as soon as we see the bus pulling into the lot and get that sucker folded up, I hate it when people wait until it's time to get on the bus then take the kid out and hold everything up trying to fold the stroller up or put it on the bus unfolded.

Has anyone gone to Teppan Edo lately? Just wanted to know how spaced out they have people.
We have a reservation there soon.
We have gone in the past and I know they fill tables up and people were pretty close.

Has anyone gone to Teppan Edo lately? Just wanted to know how spaced out they have people.
We have a reservation there soon.
We have gone in the past and I know they fill tables up and people were pretty close.

We went to Teppan Edo for dinner around 5 in early July. We were a party of six and had our own table, most of the tables we saw were pretty full but I think they had small plexiglass dividers up if more than one party was sitting at one table. They had four tables in each room so they are not spacing the tables farther apart than they normally would.

We went to Teppan Edo for dinner around 5 in early July. We were a party of six and had our own table, most of the tables we saw were pretty full but I think they had small plexiglass dividers up if more than one party was sitting at one table. They had four tables in each room so they are not spacing the tables farther apart than they normally would.
If they have plexiglass up that would put my mind at ease.

If they have plexiglass up that would put my mind at ease.
We were there about a month ago. We were a party of 3- sat at a table with 2 other parties of 2. There were plexiglass dividers that they put up between the different parties and sat us to give some space between as well (one end, middle, opposite end of table).

My wife and I returned from our quick two night anniversary trip. Our studio at VGF was ready at 1:00. It was a little beat up (torn up carpet that was patched, ripped up headboard) but still okay. We had Gasparilla in our room then walked over to Trader Sams and had a few drinks outside. I'm a lightweight and was drunk after two. Back to room for nap and dinner at Citricos. We dinner was decent. We were sat next to another couple maybe three feet away from us. MK next day. Arrived about 10:30. Rode Little Mermaid, Barnstormer, and watched Country Bears. Ate a dole whip and decided we had enough. Back to the Flo for pool/drinks. Slept until it was time to get ready for dinner. Narcoosies was good. Fireworks then more sleep.

We had a good time but I don't know if I would recommend anyone going right now. It's busy and hot. Masks inside don't bother me too much, but wearing one in an outside line stinks. We had expiring DVC points we had to use and our goal was R&R, not being park commandos. My parents watched our kids and it was nice to have a few days to relax.

I want to cancel our October Boo Bash trip though....

AK today. Bus from AOA at 758. Through security very quickly. Held at tapstiles for a few minutes. Held at bridge until 730. Kids are at the front again. Again no seems to care about readjusting groups after moving. We waved hello and the parties near the kids made space for us. Nice people. We were held outside the ride until 756. Walked Into the first ride of the day at FOP. 3x Everest with no wait. Safari was posted as 20, but it was a slow paced moving line all the way to the boarding room. We waited fir 3 trucks to load. Walk on dinosaur 2x, finished by 1030. Zoom photo, no wait. 1100 Everest slow paced walk to the ride maybe 10 minutes Stopped for another photo and to watch the monkeys who were loud and putting on a show. Walked through the tiger thing. Lunch at flame tree. Mobile order works great!
I’m headed back to the resort to do laundry and the kids plan to do a few rounds on Kali River rapids.
Very easy day, very low crowd

I'll give everyone a brief evaluation of my trip. I was there last week for 5 days, 4 nights at Polynesian DVC.

It was plenty crowded, especially the MK the first day of Boo Fest. Both MK and DS just feel full of people, and walking anywhere is a task because of the crowds. Wait times were not terrible, especially since we did rope drop on four of the five mornings. EC and AK were more pleasant to visit because of fewer crowds and generally shorter ride wait times.

Schedule for the week: Sun: MK (am), EC (pm), Mon: DS (am), MK (pm), Tues: MK (am), AK (pm), Wed: DS (am), EC (pm), Thur: AK(am), MK (pm).

Best things on the trip: Food service: Columbia Harbor House was a go-to at least three times, and a lot of my meals were at Cpt Cook's. ABC Commissary is overlooked. It has good food and a nice cool relaxing place to recharge with a cold drink. Brown Derby does have a fantastic salad and service, as does the Grand Floridian Café. Beaches and Cream has the best sundae anywhere. WDW security seemed very helpful and friendly.

Speaking of food service: it was very hot, and water fountains are not common in the parks, but I always found to easy to get ice water any place I stopped for a drink. A few places gave me a water cup without me even asking.

Resort Parking: I had no problem leaving a car much of the day at the Grand Floridian. I had drove there for breakfast because the monorail replacement bus never arrived. The gate guard had me park by the Spa, and there was plenty of parking there even with a big wedding going on. I couldn't rescue the car until later because there was a transportation breakdown mid-day. I was also able to park at Wilderness Lodge one night. I was there to eat at Roaring Forks, and there was no problem getting onto the resort and parking (again, plenty of spaces available).

Overall, the parks all look good and well-maintained, very little litter, the bathrooms are clean, the CMs are friendly and I could tell some of the CMs were new to the job.

Some transportation problems: I ran into a real transportation SNAFU leaving MK early one afternoon. I needed to be on the resort monorail to get to GF to get my car. The monorail stopped at the TTC and the CMs told us to take the ferry back to the MK, then a boat to GF. The CMs would not tell me how long the monorail would be stopped, but I think this was construction-related so they must have had an idea. We I took the ferry back to MK, which was a slow, then went to the line for the GF boat. Everyone was taking the boat now because the monorail was shut down. So I could not get on the first boat. The boat returned and went out of service because there were thunderstorms in the area. It never did rain or storm at Bay Lake, but now the only route left was a long walk to GF. I did the walk, and when I was halfway there the resort monorail went past me, so it was out of service for about an hour. This was bad communication, and they should have had another transportation solution in place (like a bus) for people who got stuck.

I always argue for renting a car, and despite the transportation issues I had, I didn't use the car very much. Bus or monorail to all the theme parks worked pretty well most days. I only left property once on this trip. The MK bus from the Poly was great.

Other smaller problems: not every ride opens at opening time. So rope-dropping may not make sense if you want to ride something that opens later. I'd like to test a touring plan where I rope drop and only hit rides that are a walk-on (and open) in the first hour. I suspect I could get 5-7 rides in with that plan because Buzz, Pooh, Mermaid, Small World, Mansion, and Pirates are all close to being walk-ons the first hour after opening.

One other minor problem: my Touring Plans room request was not honored, but that was probably because several of the DVC buildings are being renovated.

Some things I am neutral about:

Rise of the Resistance. I watched the videos and practices and hit the join button right at 7am, but didn't get a group. I got a 1pm backup group but they never called it. So I changed my plans, and got a park reservation for a day later at the Studios and watched more videos and got a low boarding group. I think the secret was to not be on WDW WiFi, and to find a location at the resort with good 5g coverage. It is a really good ride, but so much trouble to ride it. Anyway, be willing to change your plans mid-stream.

ADRs: I booked a lot of reservations for meals and cancelled all but 2 of them. ADRs tie one down and I ended up shuffling my plans a lot (see above). I also didn't get all the ADRs I wanted (like an early dinner at Garden Grill or a Wave breakfast).

Trader Sam's: it would have been nice to visit there since I was staying at the resort, but it's again a hassle to get on a list and only show up at one time slot. Not a disappointment, more of a "meh".

Biggest Disney Disappointment: asking at City Hall what time Splash Mountain would open and being told, "All I can tell you is the park opens at 9." They seemed to open Splash at 10:30am every day last week, why not tell the guests the truth??

Worst Disney Magic of the Trip (or was it worst Disney practical joke?): the gate guard at the parking lot when I arrived and scanned my Magic Band said, "Ohhhh, the Bungalows." I spent the rest of the day wondering if WDW has upgraded me to a bungalow. Nope! Just a Studio, as I had booked.

Totally just my thoughts but if I am going to be standing in switchback lines day after day at Disney, standing/sitting on a bus or other transportation for 5-10 mins isn't going to introduce too many more people to my trip. But, that's just the way I look at it.

I will add that it's quite a financial investment to renting a car. Between the car rental itself plus paying for resort parking each night, it's a lot of money to save being away from a few people when I'm going to be near thousands of people every day at Disney.

I always argue for getting a rental car in Orlando. My advocacy for it is getting less strong on each trip, but it cost $270 for the week, and I got free parking (DVC). The rental car allowed me to stay at the park until 2.5 hour before my flight, and it allowed me to stay off-site the first night and save $300-400 on a hotel.

I was on splash on aug 8 and august 12 and 10am, with many people riding before me so I don’t think opening at 1030 am is a normal thing

I have had terrible
Luck with ride photos. They just are not being consistently captured. I spoke with guest services and photopass, both pleasant experiences, but nothing was fixed. I now write down the time of every ride with a photo in case I feel like tracking them down. And… please celebrate with me… I got all the washers I needed to get my laundry dry done. Wooohoo. This won’t take me the whole afternoon

Worst Disney Magic of the Trip (or was it worst Disney practical joke?): the gate guard at the parking lot when I arrived and scanned my Magic Band said, "Ohhhh, the Bungalows." I spent the rest of the day wondering if WDW has upgraded me to a bungalow. Nope! Just a Studio, as I had booked.

wow! That is really not nice at all. A terrible "joke"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter