Flight prices for the dates we travel (end of August) have fallen off a cliff
I just checked ours out of curiosity hoping to get a credit (Southwest) and our Memphis to MCO flight on 8/29 went from $94 (what we paid) to $168. Yikes! our going home flight is still $94.

Are they using paper straws in the park? Was thinking of brining plastic straws in my bag.

I don't feel like drinking soda through a toilet paper roll.
They are and they are horrible. We got the collapsible metal straws you can hook to a key chain off of Amazon and they worked great.

I think these were the ones we used Amazon

Could it be your bra underwire? I’ve had that trip the machines at the airport, resulting in very invasive searches.

I thought of that, but it didn't sound when I walked through without the bag--I don't cause the machines to sound unless I have the bag.

Concerning crowds or lack of. Chicago schools normally start after Labor Day. They are already in session. I noticed other friends of mine, in other states, also posted back to school pictures where they would normally start later.

Oh and a significant portion of late summer early fall ( mid August- Septembe) crowds are missing. Namely the UK market, who are not allowed to enter the US still. .

edit: And even if they were allowed to enter I highly doubt many of them would actually stay on site without the “full board”’ packages. UK packages often included free dining for two weeks and 14 day ticket. That’s a make or break deal for many Europeans.

Last edited:
Maybe its like when the new iPhones come out in Sept, sales drop off in July/August waiting for the new model. Maybe the typical Dis'er who goes after school starts back is just going after the 50th starts this year???
I know of a lot of out of state APs who got a date to go to ride Remy early who switched their trips from August to September. I admit, I was tempted, but decided to just wait till my trip in 2022 to ride and not worry about switching my dates just for a chance to ride a ride. Also my friend that works at WDW, who works with numbers there, said there was a massive dump of reservations right after the earnings call. She has theories that some people don't like something that was said, since a certain someone in charge seems a bit tone deaf to the current situation a lot of people may have decided it was best to postpone their trips for a later date. At least that's what it looks like. I know if my trip involved my kids, if it wasn't a solo trip, I'd probably cancel it. That being said, I could see why a lot of people would want to wait for all the new stuff coming for the 50th, especially if they've already been since reopening, it's fun to be there for stuff like that (I don't really care myself, but I know others do), just hoping myself that crowds stay low for end of August *fingers crossed*

Oh and a significant portion of late summer early fall ( mid August- Septembe) crowds are missing. Namely the UK market, who are not allowed to enter the US still. .
Any idea when the UK will be allowed back in? Wonder if pent up demand will increase crowds further later in fall?

Any idea when the UK will be allowed back in? Wonder if pent up demand will increase crowds further later in fall?
Your guess is as good as anyone elses at this point. I'm in a FB group with a lot of UK people (it's about 95% UK probably) and they're all just sitting by waiting, constantly moving their trips back, until they can come. Once they're allowed back in there will be a flood of UK guests, but I doubt it'll be this fall with the way things are looking, unless we get lucky.

Unfortunately signals on this topic have been reduced to the sound of crickets at the moment. If any European really really, really wants to go to Disney book 2 weeks in Mexico and then you can enter. Just find a spot on the earth which is not on the “ban” list , which are many, and “reside” first there for 14 days.
The travel ban has nothing to do with nationality or residency but instead where a person has been the past 14 days

Your guess is as good as anyone elses at this point. I'm in a FB group with a lot of UK people (it's about 95% UK probably) and they're all just sitting by waiting, constantly moving their trips back, until they can come. Once they're allowed back in there will be a flood of UK guests, but I doubt it'll be this fall with the way things are looking, unless we get lucky.
Are you from the UK? Can you confirm that you are not allowed to pull kids from schools. So if things were to open those coming would only include people without kids- if it’s during term?

Anyone there today? HS and MK look like times are up a bit from the last few slower days (still not as high as it was a couple weeks ago thoughh)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter