I take this back- I am fully vaccinated, yesterday I started feeling a little bad and today tested positive for covid :( Symptoms aren't too terrible, mostly fever.

This just breaks my heart. Glad the vaccines have helped! Can't wait to get my booster! But it's still sad to take a vacation and have multiple members of the party get sick afterwards. Best wishes to you and your family!

I agree-I am happy to hear the OP has mild symptoms thanks to the vaccine! Stay healthy everyone!
Four members of my immediate family and many of my friends had very mild symptoms with covid, and they had it last year before vaccines were available. I’m not anti- vaccine and have had mine, but not everyone who gets covid gets seriously ill.

Last edited:
Why are they not running boats? Is that a temporary thing or have they not been running for awhile?
We were told that because of the proximity to MK by walking and monorail the boats aren't currently necessary. It's clearly an easy place to save on costs.

We were told that because of the proximity to MK by walking and monorail the boats aren't currently necessary. It's clearly an easy place to save on costs.

I know that there are boats that run between WL/FW, GF, and Poly but I don’t remember there having been boats running between CR and MK...

Friday PM 8/20 Magic Kingdom
4:45 people mover (5 min wait)
5:10 monsters inc (no wait, rained while we were in there)
5:35 in line for space, posted 20, took closer to 30 (had been down for a looong while shortly before that…)
6:15 in line for buzz, maybe 15 minute wait?
6:45 BTMRR posted 20, took 25
7:30 Haunted mansion, posted 15, took about that (slow walk most of the time with a few stops)
8:15 7DMT (I think posted 40?, took about 30) this was longest wait of our whole trip so far
8:50 Peter Pan, walk on, walked out to the fireworks starting at 9

Friday 8/20 Hollywood studios

Oops... woke up at 7:04, so missed the morning Rise drop...but didn't expect to actually get one at 7 anyways. Got to park around 11:15am. Walked on Star tours and Muppets. Did the Mickey vacation shorts next and it was 12:55 when we got out. DD17 got us boarding group 82 at 1pm! 1 hour estimated callback time. We had lunch at Hollywood brown derby. The 4 of us split the Charcuterie, heirloom tomato and burrata salad, Cobb salad with grilled chicken, and chicken ala king. The waitress gave me a small piece of grapefruit cake for my birthday. Our boarding group was called during lunch, so we went straight to Rise. DD21s first time and the second for the rest of us. Had a great time! Did Alien saucers next with 10 min wait, walked on Midway mania, then went on it again with a 5 min wait. Went to 5pm Beauty and the beast show.. torrential downpour cancelled the show during the first song. Sadly it was the last show of the day...so we didn't get to see it. Waited out the rain until they kicked us out. Went to Mickey railway...walked right into the preshow, then waited about 10 minutes to board ride. Rain ended while in show. Got kids a pretzel and churro. Went to Frozen sing-along...walked on. Walked on Star tours. Decided to do Mickey railway again....and they had to power it off and evacuate the ride while we were in line. Everyone got an anytime fastpass for everything but Rise and Slinky. So we used it on smugglers run. Walked around galaxy's edge until it was time for our 8:50 Ogas ADR. First time there. We were lucky enough to get a booth (shared with another party.). We kept our masks on until our food came. The party we were originally sat with left within 5 min of arrival, booth was just us for 10 min then a party of 5 was seated with us. They also kept masks on until they got their drink's and we kept 1-2 ft between our parties.
I had the fuzzy tauntan, DH had the black spire, DD21 the blue bantha, DD17 the jabba juice, and we split the batuu bits. It was fun to do once.
IMG_20210820_210241782.jpgIMG_20210820_210249479.jpgIMG_20210820_210301724.jpgIMG_20210820_210326637.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210820_204554092.jpg
    IMG_20210820_204554092.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210820_213950739.jpg
    IMG_20210820_213950739.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Has the Little Mermaid show re-opened in HS yet? When I was there in April they had the social distancing markers on the ground but show was closed.

flight landed at 10:30AM yesterday.
Room at GDT was surprisingly ready when we were on ME.
1:20 buss to MK. Grabbed lunch and did HM. Realized there were still boarding groups for RotR so hopped over to Hollywood.Did Slinky, Smugglers Run, Rockin and Railway along with RotR.Bussed over to Disney Springs for a drink and some snacks.
Crowd levels were low but not empty. Mask levels were good, not perfect.
On the bus to HS now…

1:20 buss to MK. Grabbed lunch and did HM. Realized there were still boarding groups for RotR so hopped over to Hollywood.Did Slinky, Smugglers Run, Rockin and Railway along with RotR.Bussed over to Disney Springs for a drink and some snacks.
On the bus to HS now…
Just confirming, as you will be our first confirmed success story! :)

You had a park reservation for Magic Kingdom. Entered MK. Hopped to DHS. Successfully got a BG and rode RotR?

If so - YAY!! Happy for you and great news to know this can happen!

Just confirming, as you will be our first confirmed success story! :)

You had a park reservation for Magic Kingdom. Entered MK. Hopped to DHS. Successfully got a BG and rode RotR?

If so - YAY!! Happy for you and great news to know this can happen!

Yep!! Hopped over got assigned a boarding group at 4PM and on the ride at about 8PM.

Done and done!! :)

(posting this from Oga’s)

On the bus to HS now…

I am drawing a blank…GDT? So, were you allowed to park hop before 2:00, or did you have to wait? Either way, thats awesome you scored BG and rode RotR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter