Disney really needs to be more consistent in terms of "social distancing"--- its basically non-existent right now at the parks, but if you go to DS, you have to walk around 20 miles to find the only open entrance to the "World of Disney", and the Lego store also only has one open entrance, the store is empty, and they are letting around 3-5 people in every 5-10 minutes--- its weird !

Uh, before assuming all people were being lazy, when we opted out at POP, they told us to tie up our garbage and set it outside the door and to pile our dirty towels outside the door. I thought the towel thing was odd, but that’s what they said to do, and it was picked up each day. With less cast members working now, it’s more likely to sit there longer, I‘m sure.
From the reports I read, that’s exactly what they’re doing now- telling them to leave it in the hallway. We’re at the cabins at Ft Wilderness so no hallway for us, but we’ll leave ours on our deck if needed. We’ve only been here since Monday so not sure when they’ll clean our cabin. Hopefully tomorrow!

Disney really needs to be more consistent in terms of "social distancing"--- its basically non-existent right now at the parks, but if you go to DS, you have to walk around 20 miles to find the only open entrance to the "World of Disney", and the Lego store also only has one open entrance, the store is empty, and they are letting around 3-5 people in every 5-10 minutes--- its weird !

I’m not sure Disney controls the social distancing policies of the stores that are at Disney Springs. You are right that there is no socil distancing at Walt Disney World right now. Period. It is what it is and people need to know that before they come here. No one seems to mind based on the 2 1/2 days that we have been here. This feels every bit as much as normal Disney as far as social distancing goes. It does make the bus system stand out. People are in very close proximity all day long even indoors and then once you get on a bus you magically need to wear a mask? I’m not starting a mask debate, I am fine to follow any policies that are set. It’s just an obvious dichotomy.
Dan

Uh, before assuming all people were being lazy, when we opted out at POP, they told us to tie up our garbage and set it outside the door and to pile our dirty towels outside the door. I thought the towel thing was odd, but that’s what they said to do, and it was picked up each day. With less cast members working now, it’s more likely to sit there longer, I‘m sure.
Okay, I am sorry then since that's what disney told you to do. It really made some areas look bad, though. They should have let people know where the cans were instead as it's not a big deal to carry on the way out.

From the reports I read, that’s exactly what they’re doing now- telling them to leave it in the hallway. We’re at the cabins at Ft Wilderness so no hallway for us, but we’ll leave ours on our deck if needed. We’ve only been here since Monday so not sure when they’ll clean our cabin. Hopefully tomorrow!
Ugh, that's too bad. Trash can attract critters and with the heat, smell bad. Disney should do better. Having more cans around the resort where people can throw their trash on the way to the bus, etc. would be better.

Just a couple of general observations from the last 2 1/2 days of being here. (I will have a more comprehensive summary after our stay). Our last stay was this same time of year 2018.

The parks are every bit as clean as I remember. I have not seen a single overflowing trashcan.

Even things like HEA are just as organized as they were in the past with many cast members directing traffic and organizing.

There is no social distancing, and I did not expect any based on other recent reports.

Crowds feel pretty much identical as they did the same time of year 2018.

Lines? I don’t even want to address that yet. I need to form a good response. We have 7 more full days to go. Needless to say, it’s a night and day difference. The amount of time standing in lines is more than we are used to and we are only riding 1/3 of the attractions that we used to. The magic is still here, but it’s a LOT more work.

Dan

Last edited:

I’m not sure Disney controls the social distancing policies of the stores that are at Disney Springs. You are right that there is no socil distancing at Walt Disney World right now. Period. It is what it is and people need to know that before they come here. No one seems to mind based on the 2 1/2 days that we have been here. This feels every bit as much as normal Disney as far as social distancing goes. It does make the bus system stand out. People are in very close proximity all day long even indoors and then once you get on a bus you magically need to wear a mask? I’m not starting a mask debate, I am fine to follow any policies that are set. It’s just an obvious dichotomy.
Dan

Is it a federal law to wear masks on public transportation? Not sure if it is, and I'm also not sure if Disney's transportation counts as "public"

Is it a federal law to wear masks on public transportation? Not sure if it is, and I'm also not sure if Disney's transportation counts as "public"
Yeah, I don’t know. The bus catches us off guard. Our whole family is fully vaccinated and my wife and I have had Covid in the past. There is nowhere on Disney property that you have to wear a mask and then all of a sudden you show up at the bus (or monorail or Skyliner) and are about to get on and have to fish for your mask out of your pocket or backpack.

Dan

Dan

Yea, and the busses were hit or miss too--- at least for us---a few of our drivers took the mask off right away, and a bunch of passengers did as well---

Are you driving or on a bus? First bus comes around 6:30. Driving starts letting you park around 7- someone who knows this timing better than me can chime in on how many minutes prior or if it is exactly 7. My point is yes, you need to be early, but 6 might be a little too early...

yes we are driving I won the argument and we will leave around 6:30

Just an FYI…apologize mods if this is the wrong spot. We’ve been back a week now. Daughter and I are both fully vaccinated. My mom came with us the last few days of this trip. She’s unvaccinated and wore no mask and now has covid. She hasn’t been to work at all this week. She’s a very healthy 62 but she’s also very sick. She sent me this…if you’re going be careful

https://people.com/health/central-f...ccording-to-orange-county-executive/?amp=true

Just a couple of general observations from the last 2 1/2 days of being here. (I will have a more comprehensive summary after our stay). Our last stay was this same time of year 2018.

The parks are every bit as clean as I remember. I have not seen a single overflowing trashcan.

Even things like HEA are just as organized as they were in the past with many cast members directing traffic and organizing.

There is no social distancing, and I did not expect any based on other recent reports.

crowds feel pretty much identical as they did the same time of year 2018.

Lines? I don’t even want to address that yet. I need to form a good response. We have 7 more full days to go. Needless to say, it’s a night and day difference. The amount of time standing in lines is more than we are used to and we are only riding 1/3 of the attractions that we used to. The magic is still here, but it’s a lot more work.

Dan

We’ve been here since Monday and our experience pretty much matches yours including your comment on the lines.

Yeah, I don’t know. The bus catches us off guard. Our whole family is fully vaccinated and my wife and I have had Covid in the past. There is nowhere on Disney property that you have to wear a mask and then all of a sudden you show up at the bus (or monorail or Skyliner) and are about to get on and have to fish for your mask out of your pocket or backpack.

Dan

We are wearing masks most of the time so it’s not a big deal on the busses to us. I did forget to bring my mask once, but the drivers have masks and will give you one if you need it.

Yea, and the busses were hit or miss too--- at least for us---a few of our drivers took the mask off right away, and a bunch of passengers did as well---

Our busses so far have been consistent- everyone has been masked or been given one and told to mask up by the driver. It may be that they’ve tightened up on policy.

Just an FYI…apologize mods if this is the wrong spot. We’ve been back a week now. Daughter and I are both fully vaccinated. My mom came with us the last few days of this trip. She’s unvaccinated and wore no mask and now has covid. She hasn’t been to work at all this week. She’s a very healthy 62 but she’s also very sick. She sent me this…if you’re going be careful

https://people.com/health/central-f...ccording-to-orange-county-executive/?amp=true
Here’s hoping for a speedy and full recovery!

Off to HS this morning. We got boarding group 6, but it didn’t include my grandson. Hopefully they’ll just add him at the park.
Go to guest services. Two saturdays ago my uncle and his g/f (even after I explained this to them numerous times) didn’t have everyone on their mde account so their 6 kids weren’t added. He went to guest services and they added everyone. Have fun and may the force be with you.

I hope she recovers soon :(. And I hope that you and your daughter get tested just in case. It does seem like the Delta variant can get passed on by vaccinated people. Thank you for sharing the article. We’re leaving Saturday to go to Disney and we’re fully vaccinated but that article was still concerning. I’m planning on masking indoors given the surge in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter