Here's what I figure

natanya

Earning My Ears
I worked out a "basic" dining budget for our trip - 3 adults, 1 (large) teen and 1 10yo. We arrive on Mon. and leave on Fri. Figuring lunch and dinner for 3 days, 1 character bf and dinner on 1 day.
Here are my estimates (went high on the meal price but at mid range restaurants)

lunches -
EOS $40
Rainforest - $115 (cheaper than dinner)
Pinnochios - $50.00

Dinners -
Tuskers - $70.00
Trails End - $100
Whispering Canyon - $140
Captain Jacks - $180 (and no lobster here)

Charater BF - 120.00

Now these are only rough estimates - and don't include alchohol but do include appitizers and the desserts at sit downs and desserts at the counter.
All together with my estimate comes to $815. The Dining plan would be $760.

Now - as far as I have been able to check the Rainforest Cafe is not on the Dining Plan. Does anyone know if this is correct? If we did the dining plan we could switch that one to another. Also, the ones I choose were (at least at this time) for example only.

So, to the WDW veterans - do my numbers look about right? If so then the dining plan would be a buy for us.

Just one note, EOS was $37 w/ tax for 3 of us. Me, DD14 and DD12. It was 2 chicken ceasar salads, one sandwich and 3 drinks. I would anticipate at least $20 more for 2 more people.

You are right, Rainforest is not on the plan. I wonder if you are adding enough for 5 people? We are going next week 5 of us also ds 10, ds 15, dnephew 12 dh and myself. From our figures it should save us around $500. :cheer2: Good luck! and have a great time :wave2:

If your buying tickets & not planning on getting a discount for your room I would go with the dining plan.

luvindis said:
You are right, Rainforest is not on the plan. I wonder if you are adding enough for 5 people? We are going next week 5 of us also ds 10, ds 15, dnephew 12 dh and myself. From our figures it should save us around $500. :cheer2: Good luck! and have a great time :wave2:

You are probably right. I went with a rough estimate and did not include the snacks or some of the more expensive restaurants. Still thinking. It would make it so easy especially if mt 2 teens wanted to take off by themselves. They could get lunch without having to meet back up with us.

The dining plan has a couple of problems for us. First, my eleven year old is treated and fed like an adult. But the biggest problem for is is that we enjoy going to table service places for light lunches (soup, or a salad). The dining plan pushes you towards fastfood for lunch and huge dinners at night. Though I understand you can use the points as you wish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter