Hey! July 30th, 2005 cruise to Mexico DISfriends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlawall

<font color=royalblue>Captain Lucky, the Great Pro
We are planning on booking this cruise for next summer when we sail this summer. Anyone else in with us????

Is there NO DISer who's joining us?????

I just saw your post...somehow missed it the first time. We'll be there with ya...celebrating my 40th (ugh) birthday along with my DH, DS7 and DS3. There will be three other families with us-a total of 8 adults and 8 kids, ages 3-9.

I can't believe we could be the only DISers going?!?!?!

Lisa

Finally! Welcome! I booked onboard this past week and there are a few repeat cruisers joining us! So far it's me and my DH, and my three DDs (21, 18 and 15 next year). My parents are also planning on joining us. Let's keep this thread alive!

I found out a few people with be joining us with teens like ourselves. Anyone else???

BOB (Minnie's Guy) and Lucy (lwilliam) will be there - so glad
this thread has finally started. Will have our DS along, who will be 13 and very, very shy - always hangs around with us.
We MAY also have our 19 yr. old DS along, never know with him,
once we book a flight we will need to know if he is coming along.
He DOES love the Disney ships, but won't be able to do Common Grounds. We are bringing our friends along from PA. We had
them experience their first cruise in June (4 day) and they
immediately signed up for the 7 day. Let's all keep in touch.
Where is everyone from? We are from Kutztown, PA - between
Allentown and Reading, PA.

Hello Lucy! We're from Newtown, PA near Philadelphia! My three girls are coming (21, 18, 15 next summer) We also know of a few older teens who will be on the ship with us. My oldest did meet people even though she couldn't do the "Stack". The girls all had fun this summer.

My parents are also planning on joining us.

JoAnn

...will you be staying at Disneyland before the cruise?
It is our first trip to the 'land' so we plan on visiting
at least 2 days before the trip, and maybe also Universal.
We are die-hard Disney nuts, the entire family - visiting
the 'world' at least twice a year, and now we are in love
with these Disney cruises - we have 5 under our belts.
So glad to hear there WILL be teens around who will
not be able to go to The Stack. I want to meet up with as
many people as possible. Met up with DISers this summer
on the ship and we had a great time getting to know each
other. Hopefully we will have more people join us on this
thread. - Lucy

Yes, Lucy! I think we will go to Disneyland before the cruise. We will probably arrive on Wednesday. The next step is booking airfare next month......

This will be our 5th cruise as well. What week did you travel this summer? Western or Eastern?

neither
we did the 4-day in June
loved it, the last day at sea.
everyone telling me how disappointed we'll be
with Disneyland, compared to Disneyworld.
I tell them, I don't think so....I'm getting on a
7 day Mexico cruise too.
airfare? already? wasn't thinking about it yet.
(I'm a very nervous flyer....always drive to Florida)
Lucy

Hi everyone, we too are on the cruise next summer. It will be our first cruise and everyone is very excited. There is 6 of us travelling, 3 adults and 3 kids, our daughters 14 (almost 15) and 6 and son 11. We will be heading to disneyland either before or after the cruise depending on when our holidays fall.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Pauline
1st cruise
2x wdw
and too many trips to disneyland to count!

Originally posted by lwilliam
everyone telling me how disappointed we'll be
with Disneyland, compared to Disneyworld.
I tell them, I don't think so....I'm getting on a
7 day Mexico cruise too.

I wouldn't say Disneyland is disappointing, it's just much much smaller. We loved WDW but we were overwhelmed with the size and how much time you feel like you need. We left feeling like there was so much we didn't get to do. At Disneyland, you do feel like you can accomplish seeing it all in about three days or so. It's not bad, just different size wise. A lot looks the same, on a smaller scale. Anaheim property around DL is expensive so that's why it's still small and when Walt bought the FL land he bought a lot so he could spread out. Trust me, between the cruise and DL you'll have a blast and won't be disppointed.

Lisa

Hey Pauline! My youngest will be 15 next year. Tell your daughter she will not be alone!

Lucy - I've been to DL and WDW and I find DL very charming. Since they've added CA Adventure, it has doubled in size and now has some roller coasters, etc. DL is the original so it's neat to see the original Pirates, Small World and Sleeping Beauty's Castle. You will love it. Universal is different also. It's more spread out and there are escalators to take you up and down hills to get to the attractions. California is alot of fun to visit. You will love it!

JoAnn

Hi! My mother and I will be there along with her granddaughters/my nieces (10 and 13). I live in SoCal and spend lots of time at Disneyland, so if you have any questions let me know. I cruised this same itinerary last Thanksgiving on Carnival, so I might be able to help with that info also!

Thx so much Macbaby! What excursions did you do or do you recommend??? What can we expect at the ports. Which was your favorite?

Where do you recommend that we stay while in LA?

Macbaby-Were in SoCal are you? I'm in SoCal also, in Murrieta (Riverside County). With a DS6 and DS2, we've also spent tons of time at DLand! I'm curious to hear what excursions were available when you went on the Carnival Mexico trip. Ultimately, we're not wrapped up in the excursions, we're more excited to cruise DCL!!! It could stay out at sea for 7 days and we'd be fine with it! LOL :)

just give me a Disney cruise to nowhere!
I love sailing on the Disney ships.
I sailed out of California ages ago on Holland America but
can't remember any of the ports.
Universal sounds great - last time I visited there was 1973!
(don't you dare start figuring out my age!!!)
The family is staying at Disney, is it called the Grand
California?

macbaby - will two days be enough for Disneyland, and maybe
one day at Universal before the cruise? Would you suggest
we visit Hollywood while we are there (I've been there,
husband and children haven't). Do you think we can get
to Universal and Hollywood from the hotel - don't really
want to rent a car in the LA area! Sorry for all the questions,
but i'm so anxious!

lwilliam-There are three hotels at Disneyland that are Disney hotels...the Grand Californian (which gives you direct access to California Adventure right from the hotel lobby...the hotel looks a lot like Ft. Wilderness, designed by the same guy), Paradise Pier and the Disneyland Hotel. The Dland hotel is the original, of course it's been remodeled and Paradise Pier was hotel that Disney took over and remodeled. The Grand Californian is fairly new and is very Grand, that's for sure. They all have walking access to Dland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney, with the Grand Californian being the closest (it's located in Downtown Disney). The entire Disney complex is small and compact, you'll be able to access everything by foot and fairly quickly (do you get how small it all is?). It's all very pretty and well organized, as you'd expect from Disney.

Getting to Universal may be a challenge without a car. Anaheim, where DL is, is at least 45 minutes by car (longer if there's traffic, which is very common in CA) from where Universal is, which is in Los Angeles. There may be a shuttle bus, not sure perhaps Disney (dare I say) can help you with that. I'm originally from NY and the one thing I know about CA is it seems you basically need a car to go anywhere. Public transportation sucks to be blunt.

Two (maybe three days) would be enough at Disney. There are the Disneyland and California Adventure parks to see there and Downtown Disney has a ton of restaurants, etc. Universal would not require more than a day. That would be enough time. You'll have fun!!!

Lisa

thank you, LiserAnn for all that information.
i now question getting to Universal. There is NO WAY
i'm going to allow my DH drive in LA!
I'm also doubting if Disney would provide any kind
of transportation (our hearts belong to Disney).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter