Hey screeching frogs, are you calling Tiana or just irritating us! Complete! New TR link 12/2!

Oh great post, yay! It was so nice meeting you and Andi too, so fun to actually meet in person someone who you've only seen. You two are like big stars, ha ha. It was honor to meet you both!!! Very fun TR, it's fun reliving the trip!
UGH about the stale popcorn :( I had the Tonga Toast as well, at the Poly---soooo good. I had it at the Kona cafe, love that strawberry compote! Again, this is so fun to read, you two are so nice and it was great seeing you live and in person. You are so lucky to be making another fairly soon trip!!!!!
We will have to try and get back too, I just love it down there. (As you might know, ha, I've only said that about a million times on here!):yay:
Thank you! It was so fun to have a meet up, it is amazing how this website has allowed people to become friends with our common interest!

I really enjoyed the Tonga toast but like it better at Kona cafe.

I am getting excited for the November trip, 32 days to go!

I love PP, too! It's just so darn nostalgic and makes me feel like a kid again, too :cloud9:

How fun! Dismeets are the best, aren't they!? :hug:

YUM!!!!!!
Ahh PP is my all time favorite ride at MK, so nostalgic is right! I always say hi to Nana when we take off, so fun.

I agree the Dis meets are some awesome!

Tonga Toast is really good!

Welcome to Day 7 Part 2, “Oh no don’t get on that bus!

Hello Everyone, when I left off Andi and I were having a little rest before heading out to AK.

We were up and ready to go about noon. The bus for AK did take some time again. AK bus was the one we waited the most for and gave us the most grief (foreshadowing).

We made it to AK after about a long wait and went straight to Pandora, we had a FoP FP for 12:45. Check out our awesome picture of us looking at the Banshee lol! He was hiding on us! Our magic shot didn’t work, oh well.
07E5D00F-9521-4714-BFBB-8C5F1EF8AFB2.jpeg

After our near Banshee sighting, it was time to ride on one! We noticed today the FoP area wasn’t crazy busy. The FP CM was distracted and of course two teen girls jumped in front of Andi and I and headed in the FP line ugh! We got up to the second CM and they didn’t have a FP but he gave up quickly arguing with them and let them through! Oh well, I guess being sneaky pays off sometimes.

We didn’t wait very long at all this time and we were in the first pre show matching up with our Avatar. I do like all the imagination and story in the pre show room, however, I think it could be shorter! I did notice this time it was shorter! We didn’t have to shake all the bugs off of us, so they must have a shorter version when it is not quite as crowded, smart Disney!

On to the ride vehicle, we were ready to fly, amazing ride! We were about 3/4 the way through and all went black and it stopped! Yikes, it is a little scary when this happens and you are able to look around and see how high up you are on the ride vehicle. We sat for about 5-10 minutes before a CM came and retrieved us. We were bummed, however, he states follow me and we will get you in a different theater! Awesome! We were able to ride again from the beginning! So we technically had 2&3/4 rides on FoP this trip! It was so wonderful flying high over Pandora, I loved it!!

So back down on earth, we headed to our late lunch at Tiffins! This was a new experience for us. We did the RoL dining package so with this you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert. We checked in and were seated very shortly. We were in the room to the right of the hostess area, it was a beautiful room and very quiet at this time of day. A delightful Oasis on another sweltering hot day!
5D1BA8B5-46E0-46B1-B6F9-4488DC69C6A3.jpeg 0C9E7153-519F-4527-B167-974657A3E418.jpeg

Our waitress here was a delight! She was from WI so not to far from us! We, of course, talked about winter in the north! She was very informative about the menu items so this was so nice. The package was a good deal because ordering three items for the most part was more than the cost of the package! Andi has a simple palate so she was not sure what to get. The waitress was talking about the new venison entree on the menu, however, Andi was not wanting that! We have venison a fair amount at home and she was not impressed lol! I am sure it was way better tasting venison than ours.

I decided on the Grilled Octopus for my starter and Andi chose the bread service. Both of these were so good! The octopus was cooked perfectly, it was not rubbery at all and the saffron aioli and lemon caper olive oil was a perfect compliment on here. The bread service was very tasty as well with three dipping sauces (Harissa yogurt, Zhough yogurt and Black eyed pea Hummus).
1E0B16CB-27B4-4AE9-92A8-EC9ACFBB39B0.jpeg 36F36F3C-8508-47EF-B4A3-B159E5D8F5CD.jpeg 72DDB980-F41F-4A0D-8FA4-D128AAD6B493.jpeg

I ate all my octopus, if anyone is on the fence, try it, delicious!

We both decided on the most expensive item on the menu for our entree! Andi does like a filet at times so she thought the Wagyu Beef entree would be okay! The item had changed on the menu some, it was Wagyu strip loin with brisket instead of the braised short rib. The strip loin was absolutely melt in your mouth delicious! The brisket was just fair in my opinion, it was chewy and really smoky flavored so I didn’t eat much of that just the strip loin. The meal came with purple potatoes and rainbow carrots and a Chimichurri sauce (yummy). The sides were very good. The meal didn’t photograph the best because the meat blends with the plate some but here it is.
D877DF03-C8A8-40D5-92D6-6C5BC106C07F.jpeg

We were both so satisfied with our meal so far, it was at the right pace and the waitress was so awesome, she was available but not over bearing! I was going to try one of there signature cocktails but I was so parched with the heat I went with water and Diet Coke! I know very boring. I think if I had another adult with I would have!

On to dessert, know I love the Dining reports on here so I heard about some of the awesome desserts! There were only a few we could choice to share because of Andi’s peanut allergy. I went with the Calamansi Mousse, this had Mango lava, and Swiss Meringue. This was a complex little dessert, so many delicious flavors, very enjoyable after a heavier entree. Andi went with South American Chocolate Ganache, this had carmelized banana and cocoa nib tuile. This was also very delicious and rich. Andi loved it and ate it all!
9FC94463-1073-4B9F-859E-7C33928B1113.jpeg 1EB7921B-9FCD-4FA6-A6DE-5E2503330DE4.jpeg

This is well worth the $67 per person price tag. It was 1000 times better than 1900PF and not much more! We decided to go back to the Poly for awhile before RoL in the evening, it was around 3:15 in the afternoon as we left, very full and happy with our choices at Tiffins.

As we got close to our bus stop, a bus was there, I tried to signal to the driver, wait we are coming but noooo he left! We soon saw a Contempory bus pull up next door so we thought let’s get on this and take the monorail back to Poly, not a good idea! This bus was full so we were in the back next to some incredibly loud people and it seemed to take forever!

We got to the Contemporary and the resort monorail was down, what!! So we walked to MK, had to go through security on the way ugh! We decided to pop in MK to fill our popcorn bucket, oh my, the poor CM was so slow and this took like 20 minutes! Refill in hand we finally get on the monorail to the Poly! So almost 2 hours after we left AK we were at the Poly, then to top it off I was so flustered I left my fresh popcorn refill on the monorail!!! So, take it from us, wait for your own resort bus, especially for a monorail resort! I was exhausted lol!

We rested and hung out at the Poly for awhile. We were checking the weather because it was suppose to rain most of the evening and during RoL, it was showing thunderstorms. We made an executive decision to skip RoL and give up two FP (Dinosaur and EE) because of the weather. It turned out to be a good idea because it rained most of the evening! I really was feeling bad for the people at the MNSSHP it was really a rainy evening, so not a good party night.

We took the monorail over to GF again and did some shopping and relaxing in the lobby!
We love washing our hands at Basin and checking out all the products!
8AB605D4-CF01-4129-9648-F001DDB1D8A9.jpeg

We headed back to the room and had some Halloween candy and watched some 90’s sitcoms before going to bed. I was bummed we missed AK at night but it would not have been fun in the rain! We are planning an evening there in November with a FP for RoL so hopefully it will be a good evening!

Day 7 is in the books!

Food costs today:
Popcorn refill x 2= $3.00:sad:
Captain Cooks = $9.06
Tiffins RoL package = $166.71 so worth it if anyone is wondering!

Stay tuned for Day 8 coming soon! MK, HS, and Epcot!:rose:

So glad to hear you all loved your Tiffins meal as much as we did. We've had the octopus too and I can attest to how wonderful it is. Sorry you missed RoL, but it sounds like you all had a good night regardless.

:offtopic: A little here but the scene with the African-American woman in the big IBM computer room has a whole new meaning to us now. We had recently watched Hidden Figures. This is a great movie, I highly recommend it. The movie is based on the NASA program in the early 1960's and three African-American women who were brilliant with numbers and worked for NASA and were actually called colored computers back then. These women were amazing and this scene in SE could be right out of the movie! Disney knew more than I did how these women were a big part of communication! So this fun area on SE has some legitimate history attached to it, at least to us it does:worship: anyways, back to enjoying one of my favorite rides.
We love this movie! We have rented it a few times already, and it will probably be one we purchase this year.

Today was Friday 9/1/17 and MK had EMH at 8:00am. We were up and ready to go before 7:30. We headed to the Poly monorail station and were in MK quite quickly. We got in line and waited for the opening. While we were waiting, I was texting with @AliceNDinah because she was also in line for EMH with her husband and son.
We were there for EMH too! We went to 7DMT first....which didn't go so well...

We were about 3/4 the way through and all went black and it stopped! Yikes, it is a little scary when this happens and you are able to look around and see how high up you are on the ride vehicle. We sat for about 5-10 minutes before a CM came and retrieved us.
Oh my! That sounds scary!!

he states follow me and we will get you in a different theater! Awesome! We were able to ride again from the beginning! So we technically had 2&3/4 rides on FoP this trip! It was so wonderful flying high over Pandora, I loved it!!
Yay getting to ride again, though! That's awesome!

So we technically had 2&3/4 rides on FoP this trip! It was so wonderful flying high over Pandora, I loved it!!
I would have been bummed at first but super excited for the added ride! :thumbsup2 Though I absolutely feel Disney should have done this, it's nice to know they got it right. ::yes::

So almost 2 hours after we left AK we were at the Poly, then to top it off I was so flustered I left my fresh popcorn refill on the monorail!!!
:scared1: Oh dear. I would have been super frustrated. Been there, done that. Not the exact issues, but similar happenings. Never fun!

We headed back to the room and had some Halloween candy and watched some 90’s sitcoms before going to bed.
Though not the original plan, not a bad way to end the night.

I was bummed we missed AK at night but it would not have been fun in the rain!
I missed out on RoL on my August trip due to the rain, too. Hoping to check it out soon.

We freshened up in the room and went down to the lobby to meet Willy for the photo session. Willy was a very nice young man and he was able to get some really nice pictures of Andi. The cost was so reasonable, we would have paid 10x as much for a session in our hometown so this was so worth it! Here our a few of our favorites.
View attachment 275854 View attachment 275857 View attachment 275858 View attachment 275859

We parted ways with Willy and his little brother and went back to our room to cool down before heading to Epcot. Today was the first day of F&W! Stay tuned for part 2, our Epcot evening.
Spoiler we hit a wall!!

She looks beautiful in her pictures!! How did you book this? I hadn't even thought about doing senior photos for my son while we are there next week, but this seems like a wonderful idea!!

She looks beautiful in her pictures!! How did you book this? I hadn't even thought about doing senior photos for my son while we are there next week, but this seems like a wonderful idea!!
Andi followed Willie on Instagram and he has his photography info on there so we messaged him on Instagram and he was available the week we were at Disney! He is really a nice young man, he is only 18 but takes some nice pictures. He is willygoodmanphotography on Instagram! We were so happy with the pictures and he is very reasonable. Have an awesome trip!

So glad to hear you all loved your Tiffins meal as much as we did. We've had the octopus too and I can attest to how wonderful it is. Sorry you missed RoL, but it sounds like you all had a good night regardless.
We loved it, your great reviews made it a must try for us and I am so glad we did.

I hope we get to see RoL in November and AK at night. Right now our plan is to spend Thanksgiving at AK and have dinner at Yak and Yeti!

We love this movie! We have rented it a few times already, and it will probably be one we purchase this year.

We were there for EMH too! We went to 7DMT first....which didn't go so well...

Oh my! That sounds scary!!

Yay getting to ride again, though! That's awesome!
I agree Hidden Figures is a great movie, don’t you think the scene at SE could be from the movie? LoL

Oh no I will have to hear what happened at 7DMT, we had a quick morning at MK

It was a little freaky when FoP stopped so suddenly and you could see around the theater but it was so fun to ride from the beginning again!

I would have been bummed at first but super excited for the added ride! :thumbsup2 Though I absolutely feel Disney should have done this, it's nice to know they got it right. ::yes::

:scared1: Oh dear. I would have been super frustrated. Been there, done that. Not the exact issues, but similar happenings. Never fun!

Though not the original plan, not a bad way to end the night.

I missed out on RoL on my August trip due to the rain, too. Hoping to check it out soon.
We were so happy to ride again from the beginning, awesome ride!

The travel from AK was a bad one for sure! We have jumped on other buses before close to our resort with a plan and it works okay but not that day!

We sure enjoyed heading over to GF and looking around! It is a relaxing resort.

I wanted to show you all what we had to deal with today! Snow already in October, this really stinks! Oh well it makes me so excited to be heading to Disney World in a little over 3 weeks!
f72bc616-d7f0-434a-a17d-b16e83d10c7a-jpeg.279982
Snow in OCTOBER!!!!!!! That is crazy. You most definitely need some good Florida weather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter