• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HH - What about fishing excursion/dolphin watch?

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We're making a short trip to HH in less than two weeks. I remember reading someone's post several weeks ago and said they wouldn't recommend the Dolphin Cruise. If I remember the post said the guide apologized for the lack of dolphins and recommended the fishing excursion. Anyone have any thoughts on this. My kids are 12 (DD) and 9 (DS) and 5 (DS). Is this something the older two would enjoy, but not the 5yo? Just looking for some advice. Also any updates on the naturalist and what types of programs are being offered.

We loved the dolphin cruise booked out of the DVC resort - much smaller boats so you can get closer to the dolphins. We saw tons of dolphins when we were there.

We were there the last week in Aug. and did the dolphin cruise. My kids are 9,7,4. We did see about 6 dolphins. I can't remember how long the cruise was, but towards the end all three of them had had enough and were a little board. We did it once, and it was neat but I don't think we will do it again. We might try the fishing next time. That would give the kids something to do, and we might just see some dolphins along the way. We didn't do any of the nature programs. There was just too much to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter