• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

HHI Motel Question

gppnj

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm planning a trip to HHI. I'm very excited about it. I haven't reserved the room yet, but the seven-month window will be open soon for me, and I'll jump on it as soon as I'm able to. (I called Member Services last week to get an idea of how the resort was filling up at that time, and the woman I spoke to said that my chances of getting a reservation were good.)

A question: I'm going to be arriving (by train or plane - I'm not sure yet) in Savannah on a Saturday. I'm certainly not going to to directly to HHI on a Saturday, so my plan is to spend the day on Saturday touring Savannah, get a cheap motel room just outside of Savannah on Saturday night, and then go to HHI early on Sunday. Can anyone recommend a cheap (but decent) motel outside of Savannah (but preferably in the dorection of HHI)?

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Bluffton and found it to be a great place for "just" an overnight. It's right on the way between Savannah and HH and isn't realy expensive. It's probably only about 20 minutes from there to DHHIR. Plus, you can take advantage of being close to the outlets, if you want to make a stop before getting to HH. There are also a couple of decent restaurants in Bluffton, including Pepper's Porch, which is not far from the Holiday Inn Express! ;)

Are you going by yourself? If it's one or two people travelling, you might look into a Bed and Breakfast in Savannah--it's such an interesting historical area, and perhaps wouldn't be too expensive overall.

I don't think I'll be spending enough time in Savannah this trip to make a bed and breakfast worthwhile, but that Holiday Inn sounds like just what I'm looking for. I'll check it out.

By the way, my booking window has opened, and I got the dates I was looking for at Hilton Head. I guess I was far enough away from the peak season that I didn't have a problem with a seven-month booking. Yay! I'm excited about going there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter