• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

after looking at the pages. Are you going for the record of number of stays in a year at the same resort??:worship: If so you there are a few months you missed.:crazy2: Enjoy your time at HHI
Did my HW and realized we have not been to DHHIR in only April and Dec.
Our goal is to go one time during Heritage Week in April and one time in a grand villa for Dec for a night with the fireplace.
(We have visited a GV on a tour, but only room category at DHHIR we have not stayed in)

We have stayed at HHI four times over the past few years. Each trip the beach behind Disney beach house has been quite windy with large waves. Does anyone have another favorite beach on the island that has a better chance of milder conditions?

View attachment 668042
I saw this yesterday at the Tanger Outlet.
Mack and Sarah! Two great cast members! Actually, there are full and part-time positions available for just about every department at the resort. Only custodial and the Mercantile have part-time positions--all others need both!
We have stayed at HHI four times over the past few years. Each trip the beach behind Disney beach house has been quite windy with large waves. Does anyone have another favorite beach on the island that has a better chance of milder conditions?
Pretty much if one beach at HHI is windy with waves, then the others will, too. None of them have are truly set in a cove type layout. Others may have a little better knowledge, but for the most part, the beaches at HHI aren't separated by much distance, so if a front comes through, then all the beaches are affected.

Hello DHHIR Owners and Lovers!

(this post has been edited due to the original post containing a link to a new DHHIR thread on Disney Resorts...but the moderators removed it since it is not WDW...)

Last edited:
View attachment 668042
I saw this yesterday at the Tanger Outlet.
We were there Sunday too and saw that sign. Are you still here?
We own a week at a Marriott a bit north on the island and DHHIR. We've also stayed at various other Marriotts. The surf conditions are pretty much the same up and down the coast here. You might find a day where the wind is lighter....like yesterday it was nearly still....or you might find a day like Sunday where you feel sandblasted. The conditions may vary but they're pretty much the same at every beach we've been to here.

We were there Sunday too and saw that sign. Are you still here?

We own a week at a Marriott a bit north on the island and DHHIR. We've also stayed at various other Marriotts. The surf conditions are pretty much the same up and down the coast here. You might find a day where the wind is lighter....like yesterday it was nearly still....or you might find a day like Sunday where you feel sandblasted. The conditions may vary but they're pretty much the same at every beach we've been to here.
We brought our moms for the one night on Mother's day in a 2 bedroom.
We saw the sign at Tanger on Sunday on our way out.

We spent last week at our Marriott and moved here on Sunday.

I gotta say....Marriott rooms were not up to snuff and we were upgraded because we traded in rather than stayed on our week we own there. This DVC room was immaculate and in good shape. Nothing chipped, broken or abused. And our room was ready by 1:00 pm. DHHIR proves again that we have the very best cast members in all of Disney. Chatting with another guest and they said it too...before I did!

I was ready to leave our other TS...beachfront and all...but I'm not at all ready to leave DHHIR!

Oh! And we found 8 shark teeth on the beach this week. Most of them near the beach house.

Hello DHHIR Owners and Lovers!

I just created a new thread under the Disney Resorts of our beloved home resort for people to discuss their upcoming cash/points stay that may be not be familiar with DVC.

You are welcome to check it out, but it will not be as detailed as our home resort page.

I will make sure to keep this page up to date, along with that page. (But this is our main home resort page!)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...and-resort-information-and-questions.3882828/
When I click on the link, it says: "Oops. We can't find that link" or something to that effect.

Congrats!!
Thank you! We are so excited! We got a chance to take our girls for their first beach trip 2 years ago and stayed at HHI and they loved it! No, it's not right on the beach but the resort was so awesome and the Disney pool house is so great, we just had to purchase so we can go back. Availability at 7 months is non existent so now at 11 we should have a fair shot. Can't wait to book our first trip home!

When I click on the link, it says: "Oops. We can't find that link" or something to that effect.
The Disney Resorts moderator removed the thread last night...He said that page is for WDW resorts only...

I will edit my post to reflect it.

thanks for trying it though!

Did anybody watch the HHI segment on the Today show on Friday?
Wouldn't miss it! I liked the segment at the end with the different restaurants. And I was excited to tell DH that we get our Thanksgiving dinner from a nationally famous chef! Signers Bakery made the birthday cake for the co-host, and makes the Thanksgiving dinner we get every year.

How do we do online check-in for HHI? I'm a longtime owner and never had an issue with checking in online before for the resort. I have a trip in 9 days and when I try to check in online, it brings me to the My Disney Experience page and I can't figure out where to go from there to complete the check in. Thanks for your help!

How do we do online check-in for HHI? I'm a longtime owner and never had an issue with checking in online before for the resort. I have a trip in 9 days and when I try to check in online, it brings me to the My Disney Experience page and I can't figure out where to go from there to complete the check in. Thanks for your help!
It’s different from MDE check in. Usually get email 10? I think days ahead with a link to check in using a different system. However, still have to stop by desk to check in. Very smooth process at the desk though to set up room charges to key, get parking pass and layout of resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter