HHI trip report 5/14-5/17

canda

a Dis board vulture
We had a great time at HHI. We brought the grandparents along to help and play with our two toddler boys. Everything was nice and check in was great. They gave us building 24. Its right next to the pool and the playground. IT over looks the marsh and its non-smoking. Well I guess there is always a catch. Some very inconsiderate guest before us gutted and clean fresh fish and shrimp in the unit. It smelled bad. It was worse than a smoking room. But, we are very easy going and did not complaint or blame Disney. I did call and they brought a ozone machine and sprayed a smell thing and poured a drain cleaner down the kitchen sink. I thought they were very quick with there response. They asked if we needed to move. I said, and give up this room, no way. We could smell it the rest of the week, but it was not too bad. It smelled like a seafood restaurant in the kitchen.

The beach was great. Water was cold in the morning and it became much warmer during the day. The tide pools are great for kids. Lots of shells to look for. Either the tide or man has made a 2 foot high sand wall at the high tide mark. It is a little hard to get babies and grandparents over. But the rest of the beach is really wide. Low tide was at 11 am.

We ate at San Miguel, very good, the boys really like it.
Crazy Crab on 278. It was good, the boys liked the playground.
Guiseppies (sp?) We really like their pizza
Marley’s Grill. This was really good. Very good wood fired food, and the house salad was very good. They also have a grilled caesar like at SSR.

The gift store had a good selection of HHI only stuff along with DVC items. IT also had regular WDW park items. They have added a self serve soda refill station for when the snack bar is closed. While in the store, I might have seen a DIS celebrity. The store manager waved to someone outside and said “Hey Doc” and then told the other cast member that Doc has been coming since 1996. He was gone before I could get outside to see if it was our Doc.

Woke up on Thursday and thought that the Island was on fire. Turns out it was smoke from Fl and GA wildfires.
Going back in June.

Sounds like a great stay. My husband and I went to HHI last fall. It is so peaceful there.

Sounds like a great stay. My husband and I went to HHI last fall. It is so peaceful there.

ITA! Thanks for your report. We've always stayed in the lodge (where most 1 BRs are), and I've often wondered about the rest of "the World". Glad you had a good time. Did you see Shadow? How busy is the resort in May?

My kids are still toddlers, so they don't really like to go off and do the activities. So we did not see Blu' and Shadow on this trip. My kids do love shadow and usually get to see her, but she is old and might not come around as much.

Middle May is not really crowded yet. THere were only about 5 to 10 families using the main pool during the late afternoon. (and yet, it was still hard to find a chair without a towel)

I got to park under the beach house each morning. And I never had a wait at any restaurant.
THe weather was nice but a little cooler this year than normal.

My kids are still toddlers, so they don't really like to go off and do the activities. So we did not see Blu' and Shadow on this trip. My kids do love shadow and usually get to see her, but she is old and might not come around as much.

Middle May is not really crowded yet. THere were only about 5 to 10 families using the main pool during the late afternoon. (and yet, it was still hard to find a chair without a towel)

I got to park under the beach house each morning. And I never had a wait at any restaurant.
THe weather was nice but a little cooler this year than normal.

When I saw Shadow in April, she appeared to have found the doggie fountain of youth.

Thursday was a VERY bad day for the smoke. I was trying to cut my grass and it was hard to see arcross the street.

The 'Boss' and I went to the beach at Tybee Friday (about 12 miles south of the Disney Beach House). I looked for you but it was still smokey and I could just barely see Hilton Head. You should wear a brighter hat next time. The ocean was VERY cold on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter