HHN 2020 question. When do tickets go on sale? Never been before

Soulshift

Earning My Ears
We are going to Universale this October and want to experience one night of HHN. About when do they start selling tickets? Do you have to pick a specific date? Any other good info from someone experienced to a Universal/HHN first timer?

We are going to go to Universal one full day and then a seperate day we will do HHN only.

Thanks

Last year I bought tickets the day it went into the system
Early June

Ticket cost is date related
Cost is based on the date you plan to do hhn

Saturday hhn tix cost more than the other days of the week
Wednesday has been the lowest priced tickets

They did have an anytime hhn date for specific date period
I’d have to look at last year threads to remember those details

If you use the search button, you can find threads of last years hhn

Also, read Keishashadow’s thread on hhn 2019
Many posted in it about hhn including ticket prices

Any other good info from someone experienced to a Universal/HHN first timer?

We are going to go to Universal one full day and then a seperate day we will do HHN only.
I would highly recommend purchasing HHN Express Pass. It is NOT included with regular express pass purchases or express pass that's included with the three deluxe resorts. Its a separate purchase, and can be pricey, but its well worth it IMO. Its the only way we are able to see and do everything HHN related in one night.

Also, I might suggest doing HHN on a day where you will be in the park. For those who are in the park when it closes for HHN, you can wait in one of the designated holding areas inside the park while they clear the park of guests not attending HHN. Once HHN starts for the evening, the holding areas are released first so those people get a jump on the standby lines. If you don't purchase EPs or want to do certain houses more than once, this is a great advantage. HHN EPs only allow one entry per house, so doing some of the houses in the standby lines when waits are short will let you save the EP for later in the night when lines are longer, if you want to re-visit a house. People will choose to wait in the holding area closest to the most popular houses or the house they want to do more than once so they can hit that one as soon as the holding area is released.

Last edited:

Just want to piggyback off of @nkereina 's note on the Express Pass. I went to HHN 2019 which was my first time with my best friend (2 adults) and we were able to accomplish everything but one haunted house, but that's because we opted to do Ghostbusters & Stranger Things Haunted Houses twice and were beat toward the end. We experienced every scare zone at least twice. We even had time to relax by the Quik-E-Mart for a while! In order to do this we were there at HHN open and stayed to close. We also did not do any rides while there, so if you're looking to do rides then I'd say Express Pass would probably be a great bet. Also we had no children so we were able to get around faster because of it too so take that into consideration! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter