Hi Everyone! I am new here

Eeyoreloverforever

Mouseketeer
I am a SAHM to dd (5).
Our family loves Disney World and Disney stuff in general. We try to go to Disney World about every 1.5 years.
We have decided since we love everything Disney that we would like to decorate the house with Disney stuff. I am decorating challenged though and have only ever seen pictures of bedrooms or bathrooms done in Disney. Does anyone have other rooms in their houses decorated in Disney? Can you describe them? I really need some ideas. I would really like a more classy Disney, not stuffed animal type stuff. However, dd is only little so I still want it to be child friendly. We will be painting the inside of the house in the spring, any color ideas. I am thinking something neutral so that I can add color with the things I put in the room. Can't wait to talk to other Disney lovers from Canada. I think my friends and family think we are crazy for loving Disney so much. I think they are crazy for not loving it!

Welcome to the Dis!! You in the right place if you love all things Disney! I have been hanging out here for a couple of years-have made two trips to disney in that time! I'm in Winnipeg,we have one son who is 10! You will love this forum,tons of info! I don't have any disney decorating in my house-just souvies all over the place!
We also have a cooking,crafting and scrapbooking forum (you can jump to different forums at the bottom of this page). A while back we had a long thread of different disney decorating ideas! Here is the link so that you can read them all!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=284537

So welcome!
Grover in Winnipeg (aka Vanessa)
:cool:

Welcome! I don't have any one room specifically decorated with Disney, but do have souveniers about. Do you have any trips planned to Disney right now?

Welcome to the DIS Eeyoreloverforever, and especially to the Canadian Board! :)

I have some Disney decorating right here, in my computer room. Not a lot, mostly Snow White plaqued posters, including the ones I received when I pre-ordered the Snow White DVD.

Let us know how your decorating turns out! :)

Kim :)

Welcome to the Dis. Can't help you with the decorating ideas though other than bathrooms. I do have the mickey wafflemaker, two mickey cutting boards, mickey plates and mickey mugs for the kitchen though. There are kitchen items you can get. I also have mickey cooking spoons too come to think of it.

I notice you're from Dartmouth -- I used to live there from grade 3 to grade 8 before my Dad was transferred to Toronto. Loved it and am still best friends with a girlfriend that lived across the street from me -- she nows lives in Yellowknife although the rest of her family is still in Dartmouth.

Cdnmickeylover

Hi and welcome to the dis.

I am also a disney addict, I have the lithographs from the movies purchased at the disney store, framed, matted and displayed in my livingroom, have had many comments on them. I also collect snowglobes, (for special occasions) I am still looking for a cabinet or some way to display them, right now some are on a mantle, on the tv cabinet etc.

I know you are not into stuffed animals, but my daughter (24) has a huge collection of stuffed eeyores, I posted a questiion on the community board (jan. 28, on page 9 as of today) with suggestions to displaying stuffed animals, it might help with ideas for storing and displaying stuffed animals in your child's room.

I wanted to make them a little more prominent and thought of putting them into a glassed door cabinet, as some of these came from trips down to wdw and are quiet special, so I thought that might dress them up a bit for an adult collecter.

I know you will enjoy this forum if you love disney.

Bye,

Deb.

Welcome to the Dis boards Eeyoreloverforever :D
I have a fourth bedroom which is 'decorated' in trip souvenirs, photos postcards, pins etc. Its where the computer is so I get to see my Disney stuff frequently. I have always wanted to do a stencil border of Mickey ears in different sparkle colours for in here, that might be a suggestion for you.
I also lived in Dartmouth many years ago when I was a Nurse in the Navy. I had an apartment over looking the water on Windmill Rd. and I loved it, I could wash dishes and watch boats go by in the harbour!! I also collect Eeyore pins etc. so I really like your name!

Welcome,Eeyoreloverforever.No specific help on decorating.In my own home I just have a little Disney in each room,except for my bedroom where there are about 200 Pooh beanies displayed in a bookcase.I am sure will get some help with your decorating questions.:D

Hi and a BIG welcome to the DIS especially The Canadian board!:wave:

I'm sure you'll get loads of great information from all the nice folks here!:)

From one Eeyore lover to another--Welcome to the DIS!!!
I'm sure you'll find lots of great ideas here.

for the warm welcome everyone. This seems like a wonderfull place. I am so glad to have found somewhere to discuss Disney stuff with other Canadians.

I did a room for my best friends' daughters' room and I found the best place in Canada to get Disney Stuff is WalMart!

Welcome

Scratch
:smooth:

Welcome to the Cnd DIS Eeyoreloverforever. I don't have any one room decorated with Disney, but I collect the wall plates and I can see them eventually in every room as I run out of wall space. I have also started collecting little ceramic Disney figurines and I will need a curio cabinet just for them!

:wave: WELCOME!!!!!!!!

I don't have any decorating tips, although I'd really love a mural painted in my dd's rooms with the Princess theme in one room and Pooh and friends in the other.

Welcome Welcome!!!!
I'am fairly new to this board also but I've received lots of great info from these guys over the last few months!!!!!As far as decorating goes...we collect loads of stuffed animals, beanies, Boyds Bears and all that stuff...I've found IKEA to be my best friend when it comes to buying cabinets and stuff.....bookcases, shelves,display lighting...you name it!!!Also I've found alot of great kitchen stuff at Disney...there's a great store right on Main Street (Ithink you can virtual shop there...I saw that somewhere...oh yeah Disney.ca just click on MAINSTREET VITRUAL SHOPPING!!) Great conversation pieces!!!! I bought my daughter a Tinkerbell dress with all the accessories about three years ago and now that it doesn't fit her it hangs on her bedroom wall from a silk hanger with the accesories diplayed all around it along with a Tinkerbell print called "Preening Pixie" it looks great...I get alot of comments on it (I'am a visual merchandiser so all I do all day long is dress mannequins and display stuff so I figured this could work at home too...why not!!!!) Disney is about imagination so just let yours flow!!!!! You should take a look at Grovers scrapbook for inspiration ...it's wonderful!!!! Have fun!!!! and remember....it's you environment, your home, so make it your own and do what makes you happy!!!!!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter