Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to WDW we go...major cliff hanger coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they are there now!! It is beautiful! Are you renting it?

Yes it's brand new (right now) they had just bought it and added it to their FB page and hubby I both fell in love because it had a bunk for each kids and space with the slides. We normally tent so it'll feel like the 4 seasons lol:)

Yes it's brand new (right now) they had just bought it and added it to their FB page and hubby I both fell in love because it had a bunk for each kids and space with the slides. We normally tent so it'll feel like the 4 seasons lol:)

That is awesome!! I have always tent camped too! I know I would feel like I was in the 4 seasons too!! :)

Hi Amber,

Followed you over from my PTR, and I gotta say it- you will LOVE FW!! I've stayed there a couple times and it's so peaceful. The showers are so clean, there are awesome things to do there like the Campfire, and in general, the busses worked out well. Getting around the resort itself can take a while, but that's ok. Hoop de Doo is a great show, expensive but worth it, and the boat to MK is super nice. But do take warm clothes, that boat can be chilly in the early mornings! Ok, back to read more.

Hi Amber,

Followed you over from my PTR, and I gotta say it- you will LOVE FW!! I've stayed there a couple times and it's so peaceful. The showers are so clean, there are awesome things to do there like the Campfire, and in general, the busses worked out well. Getting around the resort itself can take a while, but that's ok. Hoop de Doo is a great show, expensive but worth it, and the boat to MK is super nice. But do take warm clothes, that boat can be chilly in the early mornings! Ok, back to read more.

We are planning on renting a golf cart just for fun and because DS and I are allergic to most pets, we needed a pet free loop and those didnt seem to be as close to things as some others. Plus golf carts are fun right? I'm looking forward to the boat ride.

------------------------------------
On a side note we made out reservations for our rental car and hotel for our vacation in July. Still can't believe I'm getting DH to go to Vegas. Last time I went was for the Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon in December of 2010 and he's never been:(

Tomorrow I'm going to work on introductions. It was my plan for today but the silly realtor wanted to show our house which entailed 4+ hours of cleaning. Can we say OCD?

Great photos!!! :) I wish there were some from my one day trip to the MK in 1989, but they film got messed up.

So time for introductions:

My name is Amber (AKA Sleepy)Las Vegas 043.JPG

Things you should know about me:
1. I HATE having my picture taken.
2. I lost 100+ lbs training for a 1/2 marathon 4 years ago and slowly started gaining it back, thanks to my hysterectomy. So I'm back on the running path and trying to eat clean.
3. I
LOVE anything AQUA! My favorite color by a mile but its hard to read on here.
4. My favorite character is Lilo
5. My favorite ride was The People Mover but they sadly tore it down at Disneyland.

:cool1: I was told the ride exist in some form at Magic Kingdom at WDW!
6. I just finished my Masters Degree and teach ELL K-12 in our school.
7. My favorite disney movie is Cinderella but my all-time favorite movie is Can't Buy Me Love!

That's it stopping at Lucky #7 for each of us!

Last edited:
DH Josh (AKA Grouchy)011 (2).JPG
Thing you should know about DH:
1. He's a die hard SEAHAWKS Fan!
2. He is always on military time.
3. His favorite movie is: Star Wars, don't ask which one.
4. His favorite character is Luke Skywalker
5. He loves to try new foods although his stomach does not always agree with him.
6. He will not be riding any roller coasters or anything that goes upside down. I'm betting no TOT.
7. He's a told prankster, hiding in dark bathrooms behind shower curtains. (The kids love it, mom not so much!)

DD Jenny (AKA Doc) Age 10
IMG_2180.jpg
Everything you NEED to know about Jenny.
1. Jenny broke both her feet 3 days apart in 1st grade and then in 2nd grade decided to break her nose while running into a soccer pole.
2. She has been dancing since before she could walk. Currently she takes: Jazz, Ballet, Lyrical, Tap, Cheer and Hop Hop.
3. She's an ISU fan and that's that!
4. We are the worst parents "ever" because we will NOT get her a phone.
5. Her favorite Disney movie is Frozen, but she's more addicted to reality tv. (16 kids & counting, Bring up the Bates)
6. She's had an American Doll named Molly for 5 years and to moms delight she still plays with her.
7. She wants to put a stripe of color in her hair but the only color she puts in mine is
GRAY.

DD Hannah (AKA Bashful) Age 9
IMG_3220.JPG
Everything the world wants to know about Hannah:
1. We always call her Hannah-nnah or Hannah-Banana
2. She's very shy at 1st, often times kids will ask her to play at the park and she just goes about her merry way.
3. She doesn't eat enough to feed a mouse...
4. She loves swimming, water, riding her bike. The girl loves being outside.
5. She recently took up running and ran her 1st 5K.
6. She has an obsession with BACON. She will tell you she's going to marry it!
7. Favorite Disney anything...does Taylor Swift makes appearances there lol? That one we may have to work on.

DS Austin (AKA Sneezy) Age 6
IMG_3877.JPG
Everything you need to know about Austin:
1. He is in love with Si and the Duck Dynasty.
2. He wants to go to Florida to see the Gator Boys.
3. Austin has the most nicknames in our family: Frogger, Turbo, Bugsy, Aussie, Austin T. He answers to them all!
4. He has severe allergies thus the name Sneezy.
5. Austin can make anything from Legos, he's decided to become a landscaper and builds elaborate decks, grills, etc.
6. Austin bleeds SEAHAWKS blood. Wonder where that came from?
7. He will make an awesome husband someday. This kiddo opens doors, gives all the "ladies" hugs and never forgets to say Thank You!

Grant (AKA Dopey) Age 6
IMG_3206.JPG
What you need to know about Grant Man or the baby as the girls tease him:
1. He loves all Super Heroes but his favorite is the Hulk!
2. He is the 1 out of the 4 who hasn't truly decided if he likes riding bikes.
3. He is the only one who gets motion sick.
4. He will pick chicken nuggets over anything else.
5. Loves to play the Wii
6. Obsessed with anything to do with balls...including the red ones outside Target.
7. Will bw the only "7" year old we take to WDW, very fitting ending for our introductions!

GREAT INTRO'S!!!
I am in love with that camper! Now that is the way to camp!!! beautiful!!!!!!!

I lost 100+ lbs training for a 1/2 marathon 4 years ago and slowly started gaining it back, thanks to my hysterectomy. So I'm back on the running path and trying to eat clean.

What an accomplishment! Congrats!!! I am in the trying mode right now..

We are the worst parents "ever" because we will NOT get her a phone.

well put me in your category. I wont' do it either.
Your family is beautiful! thanks for sharing!!!

Great photos!!! :) I wish there were some from my one day trip to the MK in 1989, but they film got messed up.

I'm hoping to look through photos at my parents and see if I can find more:)

GREAT INTRO'S!!!
I am in love with that camper! Now that is the way to camp!!! beautiful!!!!!!!

What an accomplishment! Congrats!!! I am in the trying mode right now..

well put me in your category. I wont' do it either.
Your family is beautiful! thanks for sharing!!!

I know right? Love that camper!

Don't give up. The initial pounds were the hardest for me to lose.

Exactly....my parents will end up giving into her well before we do.

Hi Amber! I'm here!!!

You can't possibly be coming up on 40! You look like you're my age (32)! What a beautiful family you have! :goodvibes

I'm so excited you're heading to WDW for your birthday! :thumbsup2

So we are using a TA. For me personally it's the way to go until I get the hang of ADR, FP+ etc. Besides the DisBoards she helped direct me to some blogs and websites that included menus. Our debate is DDP or not since both the girls will be considered an adult and need I remind anyone Bashful does not eat. So with that being said these are the current dining restaurants in the running. Thoughts appreciated:

BOG Dinner
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Sanaa
Crossroads House of Blues
Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch)
Ohana Breakfast: I need my Lilo fix:)
Chef De France
Tutto Italia or La Hacienda
1900 Park Fare Dinner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter