hi im new! queueing for rides....

Karfy

Earning My Ears
hi everyone :sunny:

Ive just joined the site and this is my first post *is excited* :Pinkbounc

Im going to disney world next Christmas with my mum, dad and sister, we have just decided to do it as we have been wanting to for sooo long and it never seems like a good time, but then i guess there will always be things going on! but we are definitely going and im starting to do some research about the trip now...i found a link to this site and it seems brilliant with tonnes of info on disney!!

Part of me is quite nervous about it and im partly really excited...its coz im not very well and the past 2 years ive been especially sick so hope that i will still be able to have a great time. :) i will definitely be taking my wheelchair with me but from the sounds of these electric ones u can get at disney that would be great if i could get one of those!

About the queue thing, if you are in a wheelchair are u allowed to skip the queue and go to the front? i read someone that there are rides which even if u are in a wheelchair u can queue normally. i do feel bad about skipping queues when ive been to places before and people look at us and i go all squirmy. I know that when people look its either one of two looks normally depending on how i look...if im looking sick then its like 'oh how sad, such a young girl in a wheelchair' or the more usual 'argh how can they skip the queue grrrr' angry looks/remarks. its coz i can walk but cant walk far at all without getting out of breath or just feeling very tired & unwell...thats when people make comments coz if i stand up out of the wheelchair they think 'oh she can walk what is she doing in a wheelchair!!' people just think u have to be in a wheelchair coz u cant walk at all...sorry im rambling....its coz ive been reading some of the posts on here and read about people being rude to them whilst being in their wheelchair or to do with it.

anyway....i would much rather be able to stand in a line and wait than have to use a wheelchair but i can't & i can't sit and wait in the wheelchair either coz i dont have the energy, so how do u sort this out at the park? so that u can skip the queue?

im gonna go and try and look at flights now!! we will be flying from london to orlando and then back from miami to london. we think we might spend christmas day at disney :wizard: will be really cool & magical hehe

thanks to anyone who replies!! love Karfy xxxxxxx

First of all, welcome to disABILTIES

When you are talking about an electric wheelchair I am assuming that you actually mean an "Electric Convenience Vehicle" (ECV). If you are under 18 you cannot rent an ECV. If you are 18 or older there should be no problem. You might want to click on "disABILITIES" at the top of this page, and look at the 4th item in the index, labled "disABILITIES FAQ" which gives lots of information about ECVs. Note that if you will be staying for a week or longer you are much better off renting from an off-site supplier.

Most of the lines in the parks are "mainstreamed", which means that someone in a wheelchair or ECV waits in line with everyone else. More at the MK, which is older than the other parks, there are some atttractions where a person in a WC or ECV wil enter through the exit. Yes, this does skip the lines but it also tends to skip the preshow.

Anyway, please ask any questions and give any information which will help us to answer your concerns better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter