Hi-New here and to Florida!

NYCgirl

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone...I'm learning quite a bit by reading the forums here. Thank you! :)

We're planning a 7 day trip to Disney the end of October. We recently moved to Florida and are only about an hour from Disney and we'll be staying at a friends time share about 10 minutes away from the parks.

Is anybody familar with the Florida residents discount and also, what type of ticket would you suggest. We're 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 6, 9 & 12).
Any other tips or things to look out for?

Thanks! :sunny:

We too live about 1 hour away. If you can swing Florida Resident Annual Passes I would. During off season there are great discounts at the on site hotels. We pop over for a weekend several times a year. We usually go for a week in the summer. I believe if you use your pass 8 times it is the break even point. Easy to do living 1 hour away. All you need is one pass though to make the reservation for the great hotel discounts. Good luck!

Welcome to Florida.........I would recommend the FL seasonal pass, this pass is a little cheaper than the annual pass, it doe not include parking, and it can't be used from around the middle of June until the middle of Aug. which is not really the best time to go since it is usually crowded and hot! and you can't use it for about 2 weeks the end of Dec. and about 3 weeks around Easter. The pass is cheap enough that you have it paid for in about 4 visits! You can purchase it even through AAA for a little less. It also gets you the Mickey Monitor and resort discounts, which are sometimes cheaper than the FL resident discounts offered throughout the year. I find that only being 90 minutes away we make alot of day trips especially during the Festivals at EPCOT

From our drive way to a parking lot is a half hour tops. :Pinkbounc (Even shorter leaving. ;) )
We opted for FL PAP and the Disney Dining Experience! :hyper:

We have FL resident Seasonal Passes. We love them, but next year we will purchase one AP for the free parking. The $8/day parking fee adds up fast when you visit often!

I bought a regular AP for myself and a seasonal for my son. We do not go in the Summer or Xmas but we also do not pay to park and if I ever want to go in the busy times I can. It is sometimes just too hot and crowded for him .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter