Hi Newbie from Pennsylvania

Davefrompgh, you are very very close on that assumption, I am in Springdale, near Harmarville.That was pretty easy huh?
Davefrompgh said:
Hey Mommic---30 minutes east of Pittsburgh, does that put you near Monroeville???

Mommic32 I'm pretty close to you, I'm from Brackenridge.

Have you gone to the new mall yet? :bounce:

another PA dis-er checking in here.

originally from elderton (very small cow town near Indiana - NW of Pittsburgh)

relocated to West Norriton (slightly SW of Philly) and married to a guy from Skippack.

there must be tons of us WDW addicts in my area, because i can't drive anywhere around here without spying a car with some sort of "mickification" on/in it. most of it stuff that from experience i know you can only get while shopping on property.

welcome to the boards. tons of info flying around here.

good luck planning.

- lori

Hi Jeminni
Yes, I can say I have been to the mall. How about you? What's your thoughts,,, Wow, you are in Brackenridge, right up the road from me..
That is a nice area. Have you always lived there?
I LOVE the convience of the mall.. I dont care for some of the stores in there though, but I am thinking that in a year half of them will be gone and they will move a limited and gap in and even better would be pottery barn..O.k. Sorry for rambling......

jeminni said:
Mommic32 I'm pretty close to you, I'm from Brackenridge.

Have you gone to the new mall yet? :bounce:

Welcome to the board. So much information and such happy people.

Oh, my goodness....so many people from the Alle-Kiski Valley!!! My DH and I live in Lower Burrell. I am not sure how many minutes that is from Pittsburgh. It depends who is driving. As for the new Mall, I have been using it as an exercise track - the loop is one mile and it is a lot cooler than going to the track. I am in training for a Disney trip Aug 21-26! It seems all the clothing stores are designed for the 18-25 age group who wears a size 4 and smaller. bummer Give me Gabe's!

Hey Davefrompgh (Sue). What is your friends name? maybe I went to school with her. I probably know her, east Brady only has about 500 people in it if that! We all know each other!

Hi PA gang! :wave2:

We have been to the New mall a few times and zac'smom I thought the same thing about the clothing store's :rotfl2:

We are going to ::MickeyMo WDW ::MickeyMo in 14 days so that mall has been good walking practice! :cool1:

I went to Pgh Mills this weekend also...I really liked it...but I do agree about some of the stores....great play area for smaller kids...my DS 11 and DD10, weren't interested...got free t-shirts and water bottles from Dicks ..pretty cool....

princesspiglet ~ I pm'd you her name....

danalee~ We also leave in 14 days...woo hoo... I can hardly wait....

A belated welcome to mom4boys - enjoy planning for your upcoming trip (nearly half the fun!).

Davefrompgh, my husband's (Dave) father was raised in East Brady. Hi again jeminni in beautiful Brackenridge. Mommic32 - we live in the same bustling metropolis, I am the official "Disney Queen" of Springdale, but I'm sure I could find you a spot in my court :rotfl:

I've been to the new Mills mall several times (my kids even more, unfortunately). Other than the larger tenants, it seems to be more of a "touristy" type of place - reminds me of the new Coastal Mall in Myrtle Beach with most of the same tenants. Cross your fingers, maybe the Ross Park Disney Store, that's currently in hiatus until September, will relocate here!

Hello,

I am also a newbie...from Central Pennsylvania. I am glad to have found this website, as I am in the planning stages of a surprise birthday trip for my wife in January 2006.

Nice to meet you all.

Dave

Greetings from NEPA (Scranton/Wilkes Barre area) Hello and happy planning all! :cool1:

I just wanted to say Hi also. I am in South Central PA and saw 2 others who live close.

I thought about going to the disney meet but with the girls so little and Dh working that day I decided not to. Maybe next year ;)

I'm a newbie from North Wales (outside Philly). It's great to see so many people from my area!
Hi Kellyanne ! We're practically next door neighbors ! I live 4 min from the Montgomery Mall !

Finally made it to the new Mills Mall yesterday. I love it! The design of it is REALLY nice. I do agree that the clothing stores are mostly for the younger crowd. Right up my daughters alley though. I will be shopping there quite often I bet. The play places are great but I was glad I didn't have my little ones with me yesterday, the play areas were nuts! Too bad they didn't have a Disney Store :sad2: It would of been perfect there.

With or without kids? Fancy or homestyle?

Some Ideas:

Good food, ok with kids early on, more adult later, casual, Kenny's Spirited Eatery, Southampton, PA

Moderate italian but in neighborhood setting, byob, Augusto's Warminster, PA, (not too appropriate with kids)

Upscale (tight fitting) tavern atmosphere, great food, Martine's, New Hope PA (one of the more reasonably priced restaurants in New Hope, I think food as good as at fancier Marsha Browns, Mansion Inn)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter