Hi old friends... I am back and have a new garden!

DixieDreamer

<font color=blue>Instant Human - <font color=brown
First, a hello to all my old friends here on the DIS flower and garden forum. I have been away for a while... had to take care of some matters in my personal life that demanded all of my attention for a while. Good new is ... that is for the most part done now... and I am now living in a totally different part of Washington state and have a new home with totally different garden and lawn challenges - and a beautiful mix of existing plantings to discover and make my own. There are over 100 rhododendron plants in the new garden areas and an abundance of other things that I have yet to determine what all they are. I know there are azaleas, some roses (kind of lackluster and need some TLC), lilacs, delphinium, iris, primroses, pierrius (spelling?), as well as a variety of spring bulbs that have been making an appearance.

I will probably need your help in identifying some of the plants I am not familiar with.. and look forward to visiting with you all again. And for those of you who I have missed getting to know over the last many many months... looking forward to getting to know you and growing some new friends.

I'm back! :wave2: :goodvibes :wave2:

Welcome back Bud, it's been a long time.

Can't wait to see the new pic. Nothing much has changed here just a little older.

LAURA!!! I can't tell you how many times I have thought of you! I have missed you my friend!

I hope you enjoy your new spread and make sure you get some pictures...especially of your 100 rhodies! WOW!

Looking forward to seeing you post again..and again!

THIS IS THE MOST WONDERFUL MOMENT!!! LAURA, WE'VE MISSED YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

I am just so happy to see you here. Just so, so, happy!

Awww... you all made my morning...

GROUP HUG!!!!

:grouphug:

No pictures yet. I need to do that and share. I also need to find a website that will host pics and allow links. I no longer have the site that I used to use. Anyone got a favorite place that works well for that purpose?

I have a red rhododendren that is blooming right this moment and it is stunning... kind of a scarlet O'hara look... all lacey and racey!

Glad to be back... looking forward to catching up and having fun.

Hi DixieDreamer!

I am a fairly new DISer. I expect I will be doing a fair amount of posting in this room, once Spring decides to get going here in New England.

Francine

Over 100 rhododendron plants in your garden! What a beautiful place to be throughout the springtime. What a temperature change for your garden, from central Washington to the Olympic peninsula. I assume you will get much more rain, unless you're in a rain shadow. I missed your musical posts while you were away.

:wave: Hurray, you're back!!!! :cheer2: So glad! We missed you.
Looking forward to pics of your 100 rhodies and hearing about what's growing in your new garden :sunny:

Hey! Welcome back. We have missed you.

Wow! You've gone from desert to rainforest. You are going to have so much fun figuring out your new zone. I look forward to pictoral walks through your new garden.

You are right guys... I moved from high desert to a coastal area with a substantial annual rainfall! On purpose! I am now going to have to learn to garden all over again.. because my standby plants and tricks won't produce the charms they used to here. The fun part is... I get to grow plants that I could not there... and I don't have to water or roast as much as I used to. :sunny:

My new property is surrounded by tall old growth douglas firs... so I have shade/partial shade gardens in large part. Understory of ferns/rhodies/azaleas, and a low growing evergreen ground cover that I have NOT A CLUE what it is. LOL! :rotfl:

Fun stuff. I will take pictures etc when I get more settled in and share/inquire on what is here.

Thanks again for the fun welcome. Missed you all alot. Don't know why I left life's little challenges keep me away so long.

Did you take that awesome compost pile with you?

I was always amazed at the lush plants you could grow where you lived.

Congrats on the new location. Sounds heavenly.

Were still waiting for the snow to melt, and the ground to dry out here in Mass. It's been quite a snowy winter, at one point it was up to my shoulders. Good old N.E. Today it's in the 60's should make a dent in those snow piles.

AS I look out the window itching to get in some garden-time without sinking a foot into the mud. I'm pondering whether or not to do spring cleaning. Must be done buy the 16th, DH and I are taking 2 of the grandchildren to DC for a week. What was I thinking right in the middle of spring clean-up and gardening time.

It's great to see you back, you were missed.

Welcome back, Laura! :sunny:

Wow, you've been a busy Bud!! Congrats on your new place, it sounds gorgeous! :) :) I look forward to hearing, and seeing, more about it!

:flower3:

:wave2: :wave: :grouphug: Mamu, Kim, and Bernie!

The compost heap is still at the old place mamu. :confused3 Movers would probably be a tad bit "agitated" with me if I tried to haul some or all of that with me... it's a generous gift to whatever gardener comes behind me there. I have already scoped out where the new pile will be. Unfortunately, my horses are now residing at my sister's in Gig Harbor and so the largest (and most important!) ingredient of my wealthy brew is not readily available to me anymore. :sad2: But there is horses in the feild behind our property and I can haul from the pile at my sisters any time I should want. Just more work than it used to be. Instead, I now have leaves from trees to compost (was unheard of in the desert area!) and soil that is actually prone to acidity rather than alkalinity... and rain!! :umbrella:

I'm weird I know! :bitelip: :rotfl:

Doing the big house move over the spring break week... coming up... then I will have more of my garden tools etc here and can start rooting around in the beds.

I am so jealous that you have so many nice plants to discover; our new yard is BARE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter